Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Two Interesting names in the 2's 10 years 9 months ago #19917

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Travis Casserly and Wes Lammie are named in the ressies tomorrow. Wes was a surprise to me. Firstly I thought he was going to be out for a bit longer with the fracture in his foot, secondly I thought he would have come back straight into the side given he's only missed a few weeks. Even though young Lobb has done well, Wes is still clearly the best ruckman at the club and would have held his own against Kuenan IMO

As for the league game, if we can't get a big crowd at Bassendean tomorrow we never will, 23 degrees, sunny, two evenly matched teams with excellent followings and plenty of incentive for both. For the Swannies it's a chance to get into the mix for 2nd spot, for the Falcons it is a chance to shore up that same spot. Both teams have good defences, so the game will be won and lost in the midfield battles.

Should be a pulsating match, I'm tipping a thriller!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Two Interesting names in the 2's 10 years 8 months ago #19921

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 128
Hopefully 6000
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

Two Interesting names in the 2's 10 years 8 months ago #19923

• Mad Dog
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8

Time For a Flag wrote: Hopefully 6000

Your dreaming!! Will be doing well to get 3000. People would rather go and watch their family members play Ammos for free than pay an exorbitant $15 to go and watch wafl. And a lot more people are working Saturday's IMO.

Two Interesting names in the 2's 10 years 8 months ago #19955

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373

Mad Dog wrote:

Your dreaming!! Will be doing well to get 3000. People would rather go and watch their family members play Ammos for free than pay an exorbitant $15 to go and watch wafl. And a lot more people are working Saturday's IMO.

Even worse Mad Dog....the boys at ammos are short of numbers this weekend and have asked me to don the boots to help out with the thirds. Much rather be down at Basso watchin today but it would be un-Australian not to help ya mates out right? A prayer or 2 for my 40yo hammies wouldn't go astray!!! At least the ABC are broadcasting and I can watch Swans tear the garlic munchers apart later tonight....if I'm not in ER

Two Interesting names in the 2's 10 years 8 months ago #19973

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872
Well Wes didnt play in the 2's but Casserley did & definately needed the run, good to have him back hopefully in the Seniors soon as at least he can kick the bloody footy unlike some of his team mates who are obsessed with handballing even if it is too a team mate who is in a worse position ..mind boggling dumb footy! :S

Two Interesting names in the 2's 10 years 8 months ago #19978

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Beasley Hutton wrote: Well Wes didnt play in the 2's but Casserley did & definately needed the run, good to have him back hopefully in the Seniors soon as at least he can kick the bloody footy unlike some of his team mates who are obsessed with handballing even if it is too a team mate who is in a worse position ..mind boggling dumb footy! :S

Rogers would have to be in the mix too for next week, he got 36 touches in the ressies. There may be a spot as well given Riggio got reported

Two Interesting names in the 2's 10 years 8 months ago #19991

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

mikeh wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: Well Wes didnt play in the 2's but Casserley did & definately needed the run, good to have him back hopefully in the Seniors soon as at least he can kick the bloody footy unlike some of his team mates who are obsessed with handballing even if it is too a team mate who is in a worse position ..mind boggling dumb footy! :S

Rogers would have to be in the mix too for next week, he got 36 touches in the ressies. There may be a spot as well given Riggio got reported

Mike,

There was bugger all in it, and I reckon I said it 20 times prior to the last qtr that "It will go down to the wire" and it did. Umpiring was the classic 1 umpire pays HTB with some time allowed and the other is quick draw McGraw, it astounds me how umps don't pick up each others timing etc and adjust accordingly, Parry- say no more, some crucial kicks in the last qtr to Swans that had my mate sitting silently in glee !

Two Interesting names in the 2's 10 years 8 months ago #19993

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

mikeh wrote:

Mate just checked out that report of Riggio..well all I can say is what a joke if the umps are going to book players for non events! Judge even said "well he only got him on the body" (within the tackle) so no worries there he will play next week!
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Two Interesting names in the 2's 10 years 8 months ago #20016

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Swandog wrote:

mikeh wrote:

Mate just checked out that report of Riggio..well all I can say is what a joke if the umps are going to book players for non events! Judge even said "well he only got him on the body" (within the tackle) so no worries there he will play next week!

Thanks Swandog thats a relief, I didn't have a great view of the incident,all I saw was the umpire put his name in the book

Two Interesting names in the 2's 10 years 8 months ago #20097

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 128

Gee, and disappointing to hear of a crowd of only 3000approx (mind you it was the Sunday times) can anyone confirm? I mean these two clubs are the best supported in the wafl. Surly being a TV game doesn't keep real fans away. Does it?
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

• Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 298 guests and 2 members online

• Shark Tragic
  • Bulldog1990

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma