Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Holy shit! 10 years 9 months ago #19014

• SFFC4ever
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hopefully the colts score is a precursor for the rest of the day...

friggin hell, just 1 goal by ur boys???

SF 25.24 - 174

SD 1.1 - 7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Holy shit! 10 years 9 months ago #19046

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872
Not a good result at all but we have promoted half a dozen of our regular Colts up to our Ressies for senior experience in the last 2 weeks ..not sure why SF wouldnt be playing some of their star Colts players in their League team unless they consider winning Colts games as more of a priority than winning in the League these days!

Holy shit! 10 years 9 months ago #19117

• Mad Dog
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
This result is scary!! I don't think I've ever seen a score line like this in any WAFL game before and I know this is a colts game but it should not be tolerated. I don't care how good Souths colts are,I don't think it's right that our colts get pushed up to play reserves. They are either good enough to play league or they stay playing colts.
Even before this I was doubting our colts programme as there are players getting a game who I know are clearly not up to scratch or going to cut the mustard.
On the other hand,South clearly have a colt or 3 capable of playing league football and should be giving them an opportunity IMO.

Holy shit! 10 years 9 months ago #19181

• MikeXU1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Swan Districts FC
  • Thank you received: 0

Mad Dog wrote: This result is scary!! I don't think I've ever seen a score line like this in any WAFL game before and I know this is a colts game but it should not be tolerated.

Oh yeah, I have in the WAFL. Swans kicked about 5 points the whole game against South about 16 years back... Made Toddy return to coach Swans.

Mike.

Holy shit! 10 years 9 months ago #19187

• swansfan4life
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132
That would be back in 1988 when Swans kicked 0.5 to Claremont's 29.15. There were 3 games when they only kicked 1 goal.
Their last game for the year Swans kicked 1.3 while Perth scored 27.24. Good thing they didnt kick straight.

Last edit: by swansfan4life.

Holy shit! 10 years 9 months ago #19199

• dogman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
Isn't there a rule where you can't even play colts in the league until after the under 18's are finished?

Our league side and reserves are already made up of colts boys from the premierships sides in 2011 and 2012.

6 are in the under 18's squad this year.

The result may not indicate how good we are but how bad you were.
SFFC - WOOF WOOF

Holy shit! 10 years 9 months ago #19216

• MikeXU1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Swan Districts FC
  • Thank you received: 0

swansfan4life wrote: That would be back in 1988 when Swans kicked 0.5 to Claremont's 29.15. There were 3 games when they only kicked 1 goal.
Their last game for the year Swans kicked 1.3 while Perth scored 27.24. Good thing they didnt kick straight.

Yes, I remember this one, however the game I am talking was around 1997 - 1998?!?

Was played out at Fremantle Oval.

Mike.

Holy shit! 10 years 9 months ago #19219

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872

dogman wrote: Isn't there a rule where you can't even play colts in the league until after the under 18's are finished?

Our league side and reserves are already made up of colts boys from the premierships sides in 2011 and 2012.

6 are in the under 18's squad this year.

The result may not indicate how good we are but how bad you were.

Nice try dogman but Charlie Cameron & Dom Sheed have been playing League since Round 1 this year, ditto Dayle Garlett, Alex Howard, Nic Nat, Chris Yarran, Steve Coniglio, Tony Notte, Murray Newman et al from previous seasons have all played League from early in their respective 18's seasons.
It would seem SF are not interested in testing their talented Colts players against the big boys & would much rather strengthen their Colts top 2 chances!
And just on your other point I went through SF's team vs Swans from Saturday & it was hardly made up of many of your 2011/12 Colts team at all ..A & M Carter, Kelly & Martinez (a whole 4 in total) aint that many Colts Premiership players (2011/12) in a team of 22 sitting at 2-10 on the bottom of the ladder! :whistle:

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Holy shit! 10 years 9 months ago #19315

• dogman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
I'm sure there was a rule only a few years ago that did state that though. Wanted the WAFL to nurse them through until after the 18's championships.

As for the colts boys, suppose I was going back to 2010 inclusive as well with Gulley, Borovac, Burnett, Verrier, Lowrie, Lynch, Maskos, Schloithe all getting league games this year and last.

Thats a fair list with the 4 you added and the dozen or so who have been drafted over the past 3 years I would have thought. (Kersten, Shaw, Verrier, Newton, AhChee, Dellolio off the top)

Regardless, your colts were rubbish and 1.1 isn't anything I would be trying to turn into a positive with.
SFFC - WOOF WOOF

Holy shit! 10 years 9 months ago #19324

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
Swans played 6-7 of their colts in the reserves..
we do have quite a few injuries to the senior squad so maybe that was the reason..

• Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 482 guests and one member online

• Swedgen

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma