Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

channel ( Eagles) 7 a disgrace 10 years 10 months ago #18441

• MacAttack
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0

Swandog wrote:

maccastand wrote: What a joke! After watching Swans give Subi a lesson, although only for three quarters, came home, beer and watch the news. WAFL gets a mention which was good however, boofhead Barich reports Swans belt Subi and Nikoski kicks three goals. What the!!!???!!! No mention of Geappen 31 possesions and kicks 6 goals or the fact Twomey also had 31 touches. Bloody nikoski spent more time calling for water boys than getting a kick and only got near the footy in the last 1/4 when all was lost. Channel 7 is pi55 weak and no longer will i watch these one sided biased pricks. if your going to report on the WAFL do it with at least some integrity.

yeh he kicked a few cheap goals in a dark day for Subi, he was more worried about chirping the crowd, bench and opposition. Wasn't really impressed with him

I was at the game SwanDog - 31 touches, 16 odd marks and 6 goals is an unmatched WAFL performance in recent time (2010 WAFL grand final comes to mind) this so called "chirping" was great entertainment and all part of being on top in a game of football, you're an idiot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

channel ( Eagles) 7 a disgrace 10 years 10 months ago #18443

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

westaussieguy wrote: That pissy excuse for a tv station has been bad for many years. But the ordinary masses couldn't give a toss. Even when they do show the wafl scores, if you were to blink or sneeze at the time of showing, you wouldn't see it. They are supposed to be reporting on the days sport but do a very poor effort. I can't understand every other sport being given video replays, results shown etcetera and the wafl receives 10 seconds. And mentioned for 15 seconds if you're lucky?

channeleagle is total crap in my eyes, its obsession with wce and afl is sick, but eagles fans love it guess.

channel ( Eagles) 7 a disgrace 10 years 10 months ago #18448

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

anchorman wrote: I hate channel seven as well but not sure why the angst with them mentioning a player of AFL quality.
Do we make mention of the Sheffield Shield before we make mention of test cricket!!

yeah agree , most punters want to know how their eagles or dockers players are going and as you say like sheffield shield most dont give a stuff if a bloke they dont know kicked a bag for a wafl club.

channel ( Eagles) 7 a disgrace 10 years 10 months ago #18450

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

MacAttack wrote:

Swandog wrote:

maccastand wrote: What a joke! After watching Swans give Subi a lesson, although only for three quarters, came home, beer and watch the news. WAFL gets a mention which was good however, boofhead Barich reports Swans belt Subi and Nikoski kicks three goals. What the!!!???!!! No mention of Geappen 31 possesions and kicks 6 goals or the fact Twomey also had 31 touches. Bloody nikoski spent more time calling for water boys than getting a kick and only got near the footy in the last 1/4 when all was lost. Channel 7 is pi55 weak and no longer will i watch these one sided biased pricks. if your going to report on the WAFL do it with at least some integrity.

yeh he kicked a few cheap goals in a dark day for Subi, he was more worried about chirping the crowd, bench and opposition. Wasn't really impressed with him

I was at the game SwanDog - 31 touches, 16 odd marks and 6 goals is an unmatched WAFL performance in recent time (2010 WAFL grand final comes to mind) this so called "chirping" was great entertainment and all part of being on top in a game of football, you're an idiot.

Could be wrong Mac but I was under the impression SwanDog was having a crack at Nicoski here. If I'm reading it wrong then fair play to ya as Geappen's game on the weekend was huge.

channel ( Eagles) 7 a disgrace 10 years 10 months ago #18451

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

Dirty Weekender wrote:

MacAttack wrote:

Swandog wrote:

Could be wrong Mac but I was under the impression SwanDog was having a crack at Nicoski here. If I'm reading it wrong then fair play to ya as Geappen's game on the weekend was huge.

It was obvious that Swandog was talking about Nicoski DW. Not sure how the other guy would have twisted that around to Geappen, only he would know that.

channel ( Eagles) 7 a disgrace 10 years 10 months ago #18486

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
Hahaha yep Swandog loves swans & Geappen...so who's the idiot???
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Last edit: by DG.

channel ( Eagles) 7 a disgrace 10 years 10 months ago #18544

• MacAttack
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0

DG wrote: Hahaha yep Swandog loves swans & Geappen...so who's the idiot???

Clearly had too many beers sunday afternoon celebrating a good weekend for my teams!
I apologise and offer SD a beeer!

channel ( Eagles) 7 a disgrace 10 years 10 months ago #18629

• Victorian Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
Swan42 the VFL is a very strong competition(standard wise), however it gets little to no recognition in the media here in Melbourne. Without the ABC television coverage the attention would almost be non existant.SEN radio have a segment on Thursday night committed to the VFL & Local footy. Otherwise media coverage basically covers performances of AFL listed players(TV will give scores, but nothing else...unless an AFL listed player has played or done something special....similar to why this topic was raised on this thread. Knowledge of VFL listed players is very limited. Without the injection of AFL money via their allignments with VFA/VFL Clubs many of these teams would have folded must be recognised. However this has come at a great expense to these Clubs where they no longer have autonomy over the make up or selection of their own team. This inturn affects the VFL players were they are bounced around from ones to twos or back to local Clubs at the behest of availability of AFL listed players. The integrity of the competition in its own right is being eroded as teams, their ambitions & history are ignored & ruled by the ambitions of the AFL Clubs. This is shown where a number of allignments have discintergrated with the AFL Club changing allegency or starting its own team. AFL Clubs are only interested in the development of their own players. Interest in the alligned Club extends only at finals time where if the AFL Club is involved it is in their interest to have their alligned Club playing. East Perth & Peel will be effected by their decision to allign themselves with the Eagles/Dockers. They may well have success within the WAFL competion, but it will come at a cost!!! Allignments in Melbourne have effected supporter base ( like WAFL the base is small compared to the AFL)regardless it is what makes the competion great. Loyal supporters following suburban teams they grew up in. These supporters go to follow their VFL side to be outweighed by supporters who are their to follow their AFL teams seconds, if their team has played the night before or playing interstate. These supporters wear their AFL colours to the games (in most cases not even reflecting the colours of the teams playing) & support their AFL players. Resentment runs rife with the traditional supporters at this (particularly if you don't support the AFL affillate)!!!!Again I can see this being a major problem in the WAFL with intense rivalry between WC & the Dockers. Geelong / Collingwood /Essendon have their own teams ....the Bulldogs / Richmond to follow maybe next year...other Clubs pursuing the same thoughts. Where does that leave the VFL Clubs... Port Melbourne /Williamstown will be okay...Coburg...Who knows.

channel ( Eagles) 7 a disgrace 10 years 10 months ago #18631

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Victorian Falcon wrote: Swan42 the VFL is a very strong competition(standard wise), however it gets little to no recognition in the media here in Melbourne. Without the ABC television coverage the attention would almost be non existant.SEN radio have a segment on Thursday night committed to the VFL & Local footy. Otherwise media coverage basically covers performances of AFL listed players(TV will give scores, but nothing else...unless an AFL listed player has played or done something special....similar to why this topic was raised on this thread. Knowledge of VFL listed players is very limited. Without the injection of AFL money via their allignments with VFA/VFL Clubs many of these teams would have folded must be recognised. However this has come at a great expense to these Clubs where they no longer have autonomy over the make up or selection of their own team. This inturn affects the VFL players were they are bounced around from ones to twos or back to local Clubs at the behest of availability of AFL listed players. The integrity of the competition in its own right is being eroded as teams, their ambitions & history are ignored & ruled by the ambitions of the AFL Clubs. This is shown where a number of allignments have discintergrated with the AFL Club changing allegency or starting its own team. AFL Clubs are only interested in the development of their own players. Interest in the alligned Club extends only at finals time where if the AFL Club is involved it is in their interest to have their alligned Club playing. East Perth & Peel will be effected by their decision to allign themselves with the Eagles/Dockers. They may well have success within the WAFL competion, but it will come at a cost!!! Allignments in Melbourne have effected supporter base ( like WAFL the base is small compared to the AFL)regardless it is what makes the competion great. Loyal supporters following suburban teams they grew up in. These supporters go to follow their VFL side to be outweighed by supporters who are their to follow their AFL teams seconds, if their team has played the night before or playing interstate. These supporters wear their AFL colours to the games (in most cases not even reflecting the colours of the teams playing) & support their AFL players. Resentment runs rife with the traditional supporters at this (particularly if you don't support the AFL affillate)!!!!Again I can see this being a major problem in the WAFL with intense rivalry between WC & the Dockers. Geelong / Collingwood /Essendon have their own teams ....the Bulldogs / Richmond to follow maybe next year...other Clubs pursuing the same thoughts. Where does that leave the VFL Clubs... Port Melbourne /Williamstown will be okay...Coburg...Who knows.

Thanks for that VF. You don't paint a pretty picture. Basically, you are saying that the history and competition of the VFA (VFL) is being ripped apart. I certainly hope that a few of the advocates of the alignment read your post and perhaps they may change their views as a consequence.

From all reports the ABC will be dropping their coverage of the State based footy competitions. From what you are saying this will have a huge impact on the VFL competition.

• Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 776 guests and one member online

• Demons Forever

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL