Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Swans team v Subiaco @ Medibank Stadium 10 years 10 months ago #18375

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
top win on saturday, Subi kicked the last 4/5 but apart from that it was a dominant performance..we outran Subi and moved the ball quickly and efficiently..
cant believe that is the same team from some other games this year..
Swooper had a bday, and Twomey,Davis, Notte and Riggs were superb.
well done to Newman who I thought would struggle but he was all class early..
Latch played his best game and Lobb was very impressive though Madut is not much chop around the ground so he got plenty of easy ball..
well done to the ressies as well considering we played a 16 year old and three 17 year olds though it didnt help our colts obviously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans team v Subiaco @ Medibank Stadium 10 years 10 months ago #18377

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2876
About time we played to somewhere near our true ability MO ..this week we have SF at Freo Oval and I saw SF in the derby a couple of week's ago & that was the most impressive performance I have seen this season ..so beware!

Swans team v Subiaco @ Medibank Stadium 10 years 10 months ago #18379

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
anything could happen with Swans, our formline indicate we are inconsistent.
we do need another tall forward from somewhere next year if we are going to challenge for a flag..
apparently Herring agreed to play for us but then went to Subi, could have been a blessing..

Swans team v Subiaco @ Medibank Stadium 10 years 10 months ago #18386

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Certainly one of our best performances of the year. I have been of the opinion all year we are in the top 3 teams in the competition. What we haven't done well is work hard enough for long enough in a number of our games so far. Hopefully, the last two games will represent a pivotal swing in momentum for our season.

Perhaps some credit should be given to Harding by some of our posters now as well. From the report in today's West (so it needs to be treated with a degree of caution) the reason why Jetta was dropped was he had missed training last week. If that is the case, I am sure that no-one here would think that it was the wrong decision by Harding to drop him.

Speaking of today's West's report, I think the comment about Garlett was a little wide of the mark. He certainly look injured in the first quarter and whilst he was not the same player as the past few weeks, there appeared, to me, to be a reasonable amount of effort under those circumstances. Newman's efforts, particularly in the first half, were very good.

Lobb's debut was good and is indicative that we perhaps have the players to cover Lammie's loss in the short term. Certainly, Cary and Blakely will be under consideration as well.

Overall a very good team effort and I suspect we will similar in the remaining matches this season.

Swans team v Subiaco @ Medibank Stadium 10 years 10 months ago #18423

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840
Swan, I saw Garlett grabbing at the top of his left thigh at the qtr time huddle so may have had a hammie twinge but played the game out.

Well done to your boys, top class effort but well overdue with the list you have, just need some consistency now and you should easily make the finals.

Swans team v Subiaco @ Medibank Stadium 10 years 10 months ago #18516

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Senior Seagull wrote: Swan, I saw Garlett grabbing at the top of his left thigh at the qtr time huddle so may have had a hammie twinge but played the game out.

Well done to your boys, top class effort but well overdue with the list you have, just need some consistency now and you should easily make the finals.

Agree with you S/S - I think we have the potential to be in the top 2-3 teams this season. It will come down to attitude mainly; of course, availability of players is an issue as well.

With respect to Garlett it looked as though he was carrying an injury. However, one reporter suggested that he was disinterested - which I personally think was very wide of the mark. Mind you the reporter may have a vested interest in another WAFL club.

Hopefully, we will get the consistency in our game. The disruption to the season with the number of byes we have and the irrationality of the fixturing this year for Swans has been a problem.

• Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 472 guests and 4 members online

• Jjim
  • Jords
  • alahoy
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL