Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Season defining game 10 years 10 months ago #16171

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

58shark wrote: Here go AGAIN, the Swans boys wanting to eat their own. It's great fun when the team is winning....isn't it boys? The trick is to still be there when they're not.

Shark when a team is playing so far below its potential that its not funny, supporters have a right to start asking questions about the teams performance. I pour my membership money into the club every year and that money goes towards paying those players that put in such an insipid effort yesterday. If there are off field issues that are affecting on field performances then they should be dealt with. Its not a matter of 'eating your own' as you so quaintly put it. If the team was being beaten because they were rebuilding with youth or just were not good enough but were trying their guts out, I would still stick with them because I am a Swans fan through and through and there have been many seasons where this has been the case

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Season defining game 10 years 10 months ago #16174

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

Goodie wrote: Who's suggesting we aren't there when we're losing?

It's a shame the game isn't played on paper because on paper we have what should easily, easily be a top 4 team. Unfortunately what we lack is a coach that has the ability to bring the best out of the team. To me this has been apparent for the last three seasons. Coaching is a thankless task and I know Greg Harding is a decent bloke but I just don't think he's the man for the job. Swans have always thrived when they play under strict disciplinarians. I'm not sure why that is. The President has hinted that we are going to be short on funds for the next few years (hardly surprising considering someone 'lost' nearly a million dollars...)so I'd reckon they might want to act sooner rather than later.

Don't know who they could realistically attract though, given the cost cutting measures that the President announced yesterday

Season defining game 10 years 10 months ago #16176

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

58shark wrote: Here go AGAIN, the Swans boys wanting to eat their own. It's great fun when the team is winning....isn't it boys? The trick is to still be there when they're not.

Go back to your record premiership drought 58 which will continue into 2014!! None of us have jumped anywhere, and even though crowds are down a little they are still all over EF when they are going well. Anyway we members have a right not to accept mediocrity and yesterday was the worst in years
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Season defining game 10 years 10 months ago #16186

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
Quite simply the WORST game of football I have ever seen at WAFL level in 33 years of following the game!
Congrats to Subi on the win & as for Swans we are heading to the Wooden Spoon.

Season defining game 10 years 10 months ago #16190

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Are those two young kids Lobb and Nuich close to league? They looked good to me. Ones for the future.

Season defining game 10 years 10 months ago #16195

• Beasley Hutton

La Hincha wrote: Are those two young kids Lobb and Nuich close to league? They looked good to me. Ones for the future.

Yeah they will get a run soon LH both coming along well in their 1st year at the club as is Ricky Cary ..come to think of it they may be in next week!! :dry:
Where the bloody hell are Blight & Howard in regards coming back from injury?
Blight hasnt played since round 1 vs EF! :(

Season defining game 10 years 10 months ago #16200

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

Beasley Hutton wrote: Quite simply the WORST game of football I have ever seen at WAFL level in 33 years of following the game!

You got to be joking mate, we have that stitched up the year

Season defining game 10 years 10 months ago #16202

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

mikeh wrote:

Goodie wrote: Who's suggesting we aren't there when we're losing?

It's a shame the game isn't played on paper because on paper we have what should easily, easily be a top 4 team. Unfortunately what we lack is a coach that has the ability to bring the best out of the team. To me this has been apparent for the last three seasons. Coaching is a thankless task and I know Greg Harding is a decent bloke but I just don't think he's the man for the job. Swans have always thrived when they play under strict disciplinarians. I'm not sure why that is. The President has hinted that we are going to be short on funds for the next few years (hardly surprising considering someone 'lost' nearly a million dollars...)so I'd reckon they might want to act sooner rather than later.

Don't know who they could realistically attract though, given the cost cutting measures that the President announced yesterday

Most clubs will reign in spending, south are. On track for a massive loss this year, 3rd year running.

Season defining game 10 years 10 months ago #16203

• Beasley Hutton

Bazza wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: Quite simply the WORST game of football I have ever seen at WAFL level in 33 years of following the game!

Believe you me Baz we are playing the WORST football in the WAFL at the minute ..insipid, uninspiring, uncompetitive & unskilled are words that spring to mind on how we are playing! :angry:

Season defining game 10 years 10 months ago #16204

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Bazza wrote:

Im not very confident travelling to Freo in 3 weeks to meet you blokes mate, its understandable where you guys are with a young developing squad, but we have a squad on PAPER that should be top 2 and to be where we are now is an indictment!!, but just shows a talented team will beat a team of talented individuals
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 528 guests and 3 members online

• Royals78
  • Mr AFL
  • Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes