Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Subi v Dees 4 years 9 months ago #169343

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1543
I'm really looking forward to this one but unfortunately could turn into a bit of a swim through due to the weather. In any case, it should be tough and hard in the clinches with a bye the following week to recover. I think we came through unscathed from the game against Freo so should go in unchanged. Another one under the belts of Justin Joyce and Halligan in the ressies will do them both the world of good as well. Fingers crossed it doesn't rain all day and we get a bit of dry weather footy at least as I'd like to see how our mids go against Perth. Subi by 20 points in a bit of a slog.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Subi v Dees 4 years 9 months ago #169346

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
Unless its a complete flood like the day they rolled us in the lake at Lathlain a couple of years ago, we should be OK, our bigger bodied more experienced mids should prevail on a normal wet weather game but a flood makes it anyones game. Keep it simple straight ahead footy without too much finessing is the way to go.

While saturday would not be the time to give him a try, young Josh Chapman must be close to a call up, had 55 hitouts in last saturdays ressies, we are getting monstered in the ruck tapouts each week so maybe he;s worth looking at. Big Tim is an honest toiler but I dont see him improving must from here. Just shows how much of a difference Zac Clarke made to us by giving our mids first use. our mids are doing a great job rucking to a beaten ruck every week but teams with top shelf mids and a good ruckman like Souths have found us out.

Subi v Dees 4 years 9 months ago #169348

• BC
Yep...agree re Chapman...similar size and weight to Sutherland but a bit younger. I'd give him a go too.

Subi v Dees 4 years 9 months ago #169350

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
Good to see you boys put up a topic on the upcoming clash versus the Demons so early in the week. Normally in years past it would rarely get a mention on here, just another 4 points in the bag but maybe with the Dees sitting in 3rd spot just one win behind after 8 rounds things are a bit different this year?

SS if you think you will have the edge with bigger bodies mids then think again. That is one of Perth's strengths with the likes of CJ, Corey Yeo, Cody Leggett and Brandt Colledge running through the middle. Add the likes of Giblett, Sinclair, Lague, Taylor, Rogers etc... and we can more than hold our own when it comes to big bodies.

I would say where you have the edge is in the ruck and your forwards are more productive. We had 5 changes last week, 3 of them forced so it will be interesting to see how we line up this week. Bennell missed last week with a funeral so I'm expecting him to be available and Colledge missed with exams so he will be a definite starter.

Shame about the forecast because i would love to see our boys back themselves in on a fine day but as you say we've done well against you in the past in the wet.
Get on your bike.

Subi v Dees 4 years 9 months ago #169352

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
Fair call DD, maybe apart from Jones we will have a big edge in experience but we will certainly need to be switched on from the start.
Our rucks are fairly average so i think it will be a break even in that department, if it's very wet we might rest Sutherland and let Dela and Clang do the ruckwork, they will give us more around the ground and we could bring in an extra mid. lot of comment on the D's thread that your struggling a bit with the forward structure? If so that might be where our very solid and settled backline could take control, given inside 50 deliveries wont be the best on a wet day, our backs should hold sway, but like any game it will be decided in the middle and who ever can work more efficiently in difficult conditions will get the chocolates.
Su by 15pts but an upset would not be a surprise.

Last edit: by Senior Seagull.

Subi v Dees 4 years 9 months ago #169354

• BC
I think you nailed it SS when you said our defence could be the difference. We have kicked an extra 100 points for so far this year in comparison to Perth and had 100 points less scored against us. Over 8 games that's a 4 goal per game differential between the 2 teams. Only Claremont has conceded less which suggests our back 6 is the springboard for offensive thrusts given we're getting towelled up in the ruck each week and probably losing or halving clearances as a result in most games.

Subi v Dees 4 years 9 months ago #169359

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
On stats you have us easily. My hopes turn on us having performed ok against you in recent outings and us having got better and subi worse. They are I stress hopes only.

Subi v Dees 4 years 9 months ago #169360

• BC
Stats give an indication only StT...it's what each team brings on the day that counts and I reckon the Duke will have Perth pumped for this one.

Subi v Dees 4 years 9 months ago #169367

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
The wet weather forecasted for Saturday also needs to be bought into the equation.
It will level the two teams out somewhat. Last time they played against each other, Perth were only 3 goals or something
down at ¾ time. And could not go on with it. Really looking forward to this match as it will be a different Perth that Subiaco face this week..
And the Demons will be confident after the win of last week

Subi v Dees 4 years 9 months ago #169387

• Demons Forever
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
WAG I'm interested to see how far we have come.
IMHO our fitness is the closest to $ubi's than I think we have ever been.
And their so called bigger bodied mids can be matched by ours.
My only concern is the ruck although I think if they use Sutherland Eyres is in good form to match him.
And our forwards need to function.
I'm looking forward to it with expectation.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 377 guests and 3 members online

• Demons Forever
  • Shark Tragic
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr