Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Subi v Freo 4 years 9 months ago #168997

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1543
Interesting game this one with Freo having Logue back from injury, Bennell up and about, big Sean Darcy a chance to come back in. We should go in unchanged from the side which had a good win over Claremont as Deluca was injured and Mayo playing ressies. Hoskins could do a job on Bennell similar to his excellent effort against Bolton last week and I'd imagine Sokol did some extra shots on goal during the week after his poor return of 1.4 last Saturday. Subi to win by 18 points down at Centrelink Park.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Subi v Freo 4 years 9 months ago #168998

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007

BC wrote: Interesting game this one with Freo having Logue back from injury, Bennell up and about, big Sean Darcy a chance to come back in. We should go in unchanged from the side which had a good win over Claremont as Deluca was injured and Mayo playing ressies. Hoskins could do a job on Bennell similar to his excellent effort against Bolton last week and I'd imagine Sokol did some extra shots on goal during the week after his poor return of 1.4 last Saturday. Subi to win by 18 points down at Centrelink Park.

There is a thought around that Freo may throw Bennell into the AFL fray to see how he goes. He only has half a season to prove that he is worth another contract and now that he is fit don't be surprised to see him elevated.

Subi v Freo 4 years 9 months ago #169000

• BC
Lyon ruled it out on Channel Eagle last night Mike....he said Bennell is still building.

Subi v Freo 4 years 9 months ago #169006

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
BC Freo will look closely at how he plays against Subi given we are still considered the benchmark by some. Subi do play a more physical style of game as we saw last week so if Bennel gets through and plays well he's a chance to be elevated the following week.

I for one hopes he can stay on the paddock injury free as from the limited amount I have seen of him, he is something special.

Subi v Freo 4 years 9 months ago #169007

• BC
The Dockers have a midseason bye after this week so if he gets through he might get elevated for the game after that.

Subi v Freo 4 years 9 months ago #169014

• Ocker 157
  • Thank you received: 23
I was looking forward to going to this game like I have done to most Rushton games, until I woke up that it is a SUNDAY game which counts me out.
Can anyone explain the rationale of playing two WAFL games on a Sunday afternnon in direct competition to a local AFL game?
Seems crazy to me and bloody annoying!!!

Subi v Freo 4 years 9 months ago #169043

• BC
I can't help you there Ocker...it seems crazy to me too.

Subi v Freo 4 years 9 months ago #169050

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
I can understand why the Eagles game would be on Sunday as a curtain raiser for the AFL game at Optus ( although pretty tough for Claremont supporters who would presumably have to pay AFL prices). However, there is no reason why the Peel V Subiaco game couldn't be played on Saturday afternoon. The Dockers are playing in Melbourne on Saturday but really how many Dockers supporters would want to go down to Mandurah to watch Peel anyway. Last week the WAFL Eagles were playing at the same time as their AFL team were in action in Adelaide and there were no issues with that.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Subi v Freo 4 years 9 months ago #169069

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132

Ocker 157 wrote: I was looking forward to going to this game like I have done to most Rushton games, until I woke up that it is a SUNDAY game which counts me out.
Can anyone explain the rationale of playing two WAFL games on a Sunday afternnon in direct competition to a local AFL game?
Seems crazy to me and bloody annoying!!!

Works the other way for me Ocker. I thought game was on Saturday and i would miss because of work, but can go on sunday now so was happy to find that out. Not sure why this was fixtured this way. Could have played on the monday holiday too with no local afl competing against it so as usual no logic in this one. Will cheer on the mighty lions in your absence Ocker157!

Subi v Freo 4 years 9 months ago #169077

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
They would be playing Sunday arvo so freo players can watch their game on telly on sat arvo.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 264 guests and 3 members online

• UNKA2
  • Success Hill
  • chaddy22

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr