Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Time to Swing the Axe Mr Schofield! 10 years 11 months ago #14255

• Buddy Boy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 21
In my opinion we are at the first grading point of the year round 8 which is a 1/3 through and I think we are below average. I think we need to starting playing the young kids they couldn't do any worse. Waters I think has been in our best every week in reserves and deserves his shot. Halligan who a couple of weeks ago on the Subi site was said to be the best kick at the club and showed glimpses against east freo and has also showed in reserves that when he had it things happen, Garcia who is on his way back from injury but has a great set of hands, le fanu who has been solid in the reserves and Madut who is getting better every week give these guys a crack and see what happens as I said couldn't do any worse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to Swing the Axe Mr Schofield! 10 years 11 months ago #14278

• Singha
  • Singha's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
I thought Halligan looked really comfortable in the league v East Freo

Time to Swing the Axe Mr Schofield! 10 years 11 months ago #14285

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Lots to choose from, lots coming through and it's only going to get better over the next 3-4 years.

PS - don't forget Matty Bogensperger - he was absolutely outstanding against Peel last week. That play on the members wing where he tackled once, twice and then a third time to keep the ball in the area was the best thing I've seen in the ressies this season.

Time to Swing the Axe Mr Schofield! 10 years 11 months ago #14289

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
By the way, what's happened to Eddie Hill? He played some impressive football in the colts towards the end of last season.

He still hasn't even played a ressies game. Not one. Is there something going on there?

Time to Swing the Axe Mr Schofield! 10 years 11 months ago #14311

• Buddy Boy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 21
I agree LH Boge's played a great game on the weekend. As for Eddie he has been training and not to sure why he hasn't had a game yet.
Hopefully we see some changes next round after the State game.
Start giving some of the ressie's a crack.

Time to Swing the Axe Mr Schofield! 10 years 11 months ago #14319

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
That's really harsh on Eddie. It's explicable to be honest. We've passed round 8.

Sure, winning ressies is great but It's still about developing the players that were promoted from colts to reserves.

Given some decent game time and a year or so in the ressies system, Ed might turn out to be a very handy player for this club.

Time to Swing the Axe Mr Schofield! 10 years 11 months ago #14556

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

Buddy Boy wrote: In my opinion we are at the first grading point of the year round 8 which is a 1/3 through and I think we are below average. I think we need to starting playing the young kids they couldn't do any worse. Waters I think has been in our best every week in reserves and deserves his shot. Halligan who a couple of weeks ago on the Subi site was said to be the best kick at the club and showed glimpses against east freo and has also showed in reserves that when he had it things happen, Garcia who is on his way back from injury but has a great set of hands, le fanu who has been solid in the reserves and Madut who is getting better every week give these guys a crack and see what happens as I said couldn't do any worse.

Been overseas for the past month but from what i've heard we are well below average, should be better with Grover, McDougall & Gum back in & more importantly should have Sinclair back, so things should get a little better...
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Time to Swing the Axe Mr Schofield! 10 years 11 months ago #14563

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
One of our problems this year is that our middle range experienced players aren't playing well. They do just enough to hold their place with 15-20 touches but they don't impact games. These guys have been around a while (Played 20 games or more) and are experienced but how many could honestly say they are playing well?

Kerr (71 games), Forrest (98), Worthington (51), Herring (101), Davey (41), Phelan (63), Daye (44), Phillips (56)

Clearly at times in the past most of these blokes have played good footy but not at the moment.

Really, our only very good contributors from the 20 plus game bracket have been JKT, Mahoney, Hampson, Bristow, Parker and Wheeler.

Rumble, Stevenson, Leishman solid.

6 very good senior players and 3 good senior players :( Not enough to win us many games. Disappointing because I don't think our side is the second worst of the comp. :(

Time to Swing the Axe Mr Schofield! 10 years 11 months ago #14755

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
I hear Nicoski will be playing magoos for us this week. We should have him for a while.
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 592 guests and one member online

• Whitey

Newest Footy Recruits

• Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020