Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Time to Swing the Axe Mr Schofield! 10 years 10 months ago #14116

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Demons Forever wrote: LH your next game is against the mighty DEES.

Do you think McDougall may get thrown in to debut against hiss former Club?

Well, based on his ressies game against Peel. He looks ready.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to Swing the Axe Mr Schofield! 10 years 10 months ago #14118

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 247
We'll be looking at giving he and JKT a right send off!!
:P :P :P :P :P
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Last edit: by Demons Forever.

Time to Swing the Axe Mr Schofield! 10 years 10 months ago #14133

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Demons Forever wrote: We'll be looking at giving he and JKT a right send off!!

Couldn't blame you for that to be honest.

Time to Swing the Axe Mr Schofield! 10 years 10 months ago #14156

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

La Hincha wrote:

Demons Forever wrote: We'll be looking at giving he and JKT a right send off!!

Couldn't blame you for that to be honest.

Then again, recent media articles seem to imply that the Perth FC wanted a clean-out and that these blokes weren't really required. If that's the case, you couldn't blame them for leaving.

I couldn't fault JKT so far. He gives 100% every week.

Time to Swing the Axe Mr Schofield! 10 years 10 months ago #14158

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 247
I think there were a lot of factors involved in the departure.

Certainly the Club was looking at changing it's culture and the players were looking for a new challenge.

I rate them both:
Andrew carried the ruck on his own 2010-2011 and played some great football. I think it took it's toll, therefore he didn't play a lot during 2012, although he did procrastinate over surgery.
JKT, good outside player with good skills, you may well have rejuvenated his career.

Good luck to them, the Club has moved on and I think we are a stronger Club than we were. We certainly have more resolve as Claremont found out.

May both of them have good seasons except against the mighty DEES.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Time to Swing the Axe Mr Schofield! 10 years 10 months ago #14182

• Singha
  • Singha's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115

La Hincha wrote: Alright calmed down now after my midnight tirade.

Yes Pickett does need to get more of the ball but I don't ever see him being a 30 possession player.

But I wish all players chased and tackled with the same determination that he does.

Yeah, sorry LH. I've calmed down too.
I dont see Pickett as a 30 possession player either, but what should we be seeing of him? I see him flying for screamers when he should stay down. Doing look-away handballs that go to the opposition, that sort of thing. Looks bloody fantastic when it comes off, just needs to happen more. There is more he is required to do than that. (p.s I did say he chased whith style... :whistle: )

Time to Swing the Axe Mr Schofield! 10 years 10 months ago #14184

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132
Haven't seen last couple of games but think that Buddy is still finding his way as a forward but does have ability and is worth persevering with. Could look at giving him a defensive job to help with his development?

Time to Swing the Axe Mr Schofield! 10 years 10 months ago #14188

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Singha wrote:

La Hincha wrote: Alright calmed down now after my midnight tirade.

Yes Pickett does need to get more of the ball but I don't ever see him being a 30 possession player.

But I wish all players chased and tackled with the same determination that he does.

Yeah, sorry LH. I've calmed down too.
I dont see Pickett as a 30 possession player either, but what should we be seeing of him? I see him flying for screamers when he should stay down. Doing look-away handballs that go to the opposition, that sort of thing. Looks bloody fantastic when it comes off, just needs to happen more. There is more he is required to do than that. (p.s I did say he chased whith style... :whistle: )

Don't worry mate. I love seeing Subi supporters with passion. You care about the club and want to win.

Well, I guess like all these young blokes, if he doesn't become a consistent performer after 20 league games, I too will start to be hard on him. That's how my brain works it for some reason.

The tough part for any club is getting them to 20 games. Claremont do it well but it's easier for them with so much experienced talent at the top end to balance things out. This year they've been able to put good game time into Davies, Fong, Yu, Smith, Breakey etc...while the experienced players have guided them through.

We only really have JKT, Parker, Mahoney, Rumble, Wheeler, Bristow and Hampson who have performed to a high level 90-100% of the time. Stevenson has been quite good and Sinclair is great when available. But apart from that I'm not sure any of the other 20+ game players have truly been playing any good. A decent game here or there but not consistent.

At least we do really have some pressure coming from the grades underneath nowadays. So the option is there to make changes. That's the best and most aggressive I've seen the ressies play for a long while.

Last edit: by La Hincha.

Time to Swing the Axe Mr Schofield! 10 years 10 months ago #14195

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132
Always a lot easier bring young guys into a good side and we are not there at this stage,hope we keep giving the young guys a go when they are in form even if they look at the colts and keep blooding them to see who really wants it.

Time to Swing the Axe Mr Schofield! 10 years 10 months ago #14196

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Jjim wrote: Always a lot easier bring young guys into a good side and we are not there at this stage,hope we keep giving the young guys a go when they are in form even if they look at the colts and keep blooding them to see who really wants it.

Yeah, for sure mate.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 368 guests and 3 members online

• Success Hill
  • Southerner
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes