Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Subi v EF 4 years 11 months ago #166432

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
Regarding team selection - it looks like Subi's silly game of listing ridiculous teams on Thursday continues. I'm shat off with it. Wont bother looking in future until I see who runs out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Subi v EF 4 years 11 months ago #166451

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Congrats on the win boys....obviously done with a bit to spare like Winx effort today....but not the shellacking most expected.....obviously a more accurate first quarter could of resulted in a different scoreline....but hey good to see EF give a good competitive contest to you Subi boys
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Subi v EF 4 years 11 months ago #166489

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
Very scrappy game, strong crosswind didn't help. EF were really aggressive at the man and the ball to good effect as it had a significant effect on our ball use which was pretty poor by our standards. Similar to how Mona had WP play us, closing down space and intense tackling. We had 96 more disposals, 22 more marks and 20 more inside 50's which indicates we dominated the game but our use of the ball and scoring efficiency were abysmal, 25 scoring shots to 10. Horse was his usual prolific self with 29 Kitch with 27 and Dela & Deluca 26. Good return to the 1's by Maxy Walters with 24. Borchet is proving a good target up forward with 4 but Sok was quiet. Sutherland battled manfully along with Dela to almost break even with the EF talls.

Round 3 next Friday v WCER we will need to be far more efficient in our ball use as WCER will be a much stronger opponent. Waterman is their major weapon so Lith or Locks will need to shut him down. Should be a good contest.

Watched the second half of the ressies who did a good job to run over EF in the last qtr, plenty of talent there with Aaron Heal playing well along with Leach, Fullgrabe, Joyce & Latham. Made sure to watch Mayo and he really has some class about him, hopefully he is not far away from a league game.

Does anyone have any news on the injuries to Clang, Newton & Halligan? Assume Halligan was injured as he didn't play in the 2's.

Subi v EF 4 years 11 months ago #166503

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1543
Not a bad effort considering we were down to 2 rotations for over half the game a no-one on the bench for a big chunk of the last quarter. EF got numbers around the ball and closed down our uncontested run which made the game very scrappy. They were never going to win playing with that game plan but it did limit the damage somewhat. SS...Halligan was in the stand near me and looks to be moving ok but still must be a few weeks away. Newton kicked the ball to our guys during the warm up at the start and looked a bit proppy but certainly his knee doesn't appear to be anything too serious. Clang is probably out for another couple as hammies are generally 4 weeks or so depending on how bad he strained it. I didn't think we played all that great yesterday which probably was due to the pressure brought on by EF but a win is a win I guess.

Subi v EF 4 years 11 months ago #166505

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
There is a bupa injury hub report on all clubs on the WAFL site in the season section. It has Halligan 6-7, Clanger 4 weeks. Nothing there on Marsh, Newton or Rhode
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Subi v EF 4 years 11 months ago #166541

• Ocker 157
  • Thank you received: 23
Spoke to Ben Newton at three quarter time huddle. He said he may be right for the Good Friday game.
Also spoke to Aaron Heal, who said he pulled up ok after his ressies outing, albeit a little sore.
Yes, probably another 3 for Clanger. Rhode broke a finger so not sure how long he'll be out and believe Harry Marsh's hand injury is not good so may be quite a while before he's back.
Would imagine Heal and Latham will come in for those two..........it will be great to see Joel back after so long.

Subi v EF 4 years 11 months ago #166555

• BC
  • Away
Agreed Ocker...it will be great to see Joel back...he was terrific for us before doing his knee.

Subi v EF 4 years 11 months ago #166559

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
I hope he has been practising disposals to team mates instead of opposition in his down time.

Subi v EF 4 years 11 months ago #166560

• Ted Nugent
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 157
I'm sure I speak on behalf of all WAFL fans when I say how much I am looking forward to Subi getting a full strength team on the park. A 45 point win against last year's wooden spooners is unacceptable. I assume there was no team song, much like when you beat Perth by a measly 4 goals or so a couple of years back?

Subi v EF 4 years 11 months ago #166561

• BC
  • Away
Very well said TN....like all of you, we Subi diehards would like to see a near full strength team on the park too but alas both you and I could be waiting a while going by our mounting injury list B) ....as for the team song...I'd think their collective voice boxes are yet to recover after last years unbeaten season and winning the GF so a rest from singing the team song could be a blessing in disguise. ;-)

Last edit: by BC.
Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 482 guests and 5 members online

• BC
  • mikeh
  • Whitey
  • Blackduck
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits