Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 4 months ago #160310

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 118
What is the story with Clarke then. Did he end up at Essendon through some deal before the draft or will he be at Subi again next year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 4 months ago #160315

• BC
  • Thank you received: 1543
No mate...he will probably get picked up during the AFL Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period which apparently enables clubs to sign players to their rookie list from December 1 through until March 15 next year if they still have spots available. Sydney Stack could go to Richmond the same way if he's considered suitable. I'd expect the likes of Marlion Pickett, Jhye Bolton and a few others including Josh Deluca to get looked at as well. It makes it a bit messy for those guys and their respective WAFL clubs as March 15 is very late.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 4 months ago #160318

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
Its a bloody debacle BC how on earth can clubs plan and prepare for the next season if they dont even know if their star players will even be available for the season right up until mid March...typical afl tho with little to no thought given for anyone else outside their own comp!?
The following user(s) said Thank You: BC, Jjim, ArkRoyal, Lions Den

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 4 months ago #160319

• BC
Yep...agree BH. It's tough on the players themselves and the clubs but as you say...typical of the AFL.

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 4 months ago #160322

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149
Don’t forget they have also brought in a mid-season draft next season where the WAFL comp could lose their star players half way during the season. It’s an absolute joke!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 4 months ago #160330

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
correct lads -- I think we still would have won the flag without Clarke

He made us a 4-5 goal better side -- he kicked goals himself, set up goals from the centre and saved goals with marks in the backline, as you all know.

Even then, we should have lost to Claremont -- bless the Tigers -- and Perth and WP could have beaten us.

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 4 months ago #160353

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132

ArkRoyal wrote: correct lads -- I think we still would have won the flag without Clarke

He made us a 4-5 goal better side -- he kicked goals himself, set up goals from the centre and saved goals with marks in the backline, as you all know.

Even then, we should have lost to Claremont -- bless the Tigers -- and Perth and WP could have beaten us.

Not sure about that AR. I believe Clarke was the "missing piece in the puzzle" after the previous two losses in the GF. In the past we were forced to be reactive rather than proactice at the clearances. Clarke changed that and the team benefitted.

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 4 months ago #160355

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
jim: I am with you mate: I wrote that he made us a 4 or 5 goal better side -- that is a lot of goals and a big tribute to him. There is no doubt in my mind that Schofield cost us a couple of premierships by not recruitting a front line ruckman;

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 4 months ago #160385

• BC
AR...I'm not sure there were too many so called front line ruckmen around in 2016 and 17 that we could have recruited. Stockley and McDougall got it done in 2014, Dela and Wheels pinch hit in a very good 2015 side in the absence of a true ruckman but from then on, I can't think of anyone else we could have grabbed.

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 3 months ago #160865

• BC
It's very quiet on here with no news coming out of the club in regards to comings and goings. Given preseason has started, does anyone have any mail on what's happening? Buddy Boy?

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 354 guests and 2 members online

• Shark Tragic

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes