Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 3 months ago #162561

• BC
  • Thank you received: 1547
Thanks Jim and jb. If we have a full complement of players, it's going to be tough to fit everyone in with some of the colts coming through as well. A good position for Wardman and co to be in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 3 months ago #162623

• Buddy Boy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 21

BC wrote: Does Buddy Boy, Jjim or anyone else have any news coming out of the club as there's still no announcements around a ruckman? I guess Chapman or Sutherland will get first crack. Could the team for round 1 look like this? Does the new coach go for a bit of youth with Jack Mayo at FF. He's 194cm and 80 odd kgs and about to turn 20 so reckon someone like him could be in the frame. Likewise the Hickmott brothers and Hobley through the midfield might be smokies given Wardman has coached them all last year and there's some doubt around Phelan going on again this year.

FB 36 Aaron Heal 21 Jordan Lockyer 8 Angus Litherland
HB 3 Hayden Kennedy Harry Marsh 32 Braden Fimmano
C 12 Gregory Clark 9 Joshua Deluca 1 Kyal Horsley
HF 11 Benjamin Newton 17 Lachlan Delahunty 2 Justin Joyce
FF 10 Kyle Halligan 20 Clancy Wheeler 18 Ben Sokol

Followers
Chapman/Sutherland
5 Leigh Kitchin
15 Christopher Phelan

Interchange from
35 Drew Rohde
14 Ryan Borchet
25 Michael Braut
7 Adam Cockie
30 Jacob Miller
4 Rhys Waters
6 Rowen Powell
22 Max Walters
Joel Latham
Simon Moore

No info in regards to getting a ruckman. I believe they are going with what they have i.e. Chappy, Doyle, Sutherland, Clanger and Dela etc. As for the team above Cockie has retired as far as I know could be wrong hasn't trained yet this pre season, Halligan won't be ready until possibly mid year, Horsley and Phelan both on the track this week, Joel Latham still a little way off I think.

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 3 months ago #162624

• BC
Cheers BB. No great surprises with Cockie pulling stumps. Thanks Adam...I loved watching you play and the way you went about it.

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 3 months ago #162635

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
I see Samuel DI Francesco on our list, he played a few colts games last year. 205cm 104kg don't know much about him but he certainly has the size at 18yo. Is he any chance for a go in the ruck Buddy Boy?
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 3 months ago #162652

• BC
Yes...he's a big lump of a kid...I'd sooner keep him in tucker for a week than a month. ;-)

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 3 months ago #162786

• BC
Here's a link to the latest update on preseason from the new coach. It sounds like colts players Jack Mayo and Liam Hickmott will be pushing for seniors selection which is good news.

www.subiacofc.com.au/news/16264/wardmans-words-january-update

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 3 months ago #162788

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132

BC wrote: Here's a link to the latest update on preseason from the new coach. It sounds like colts players Jack Mayo and Liam Hickmott will be pushing for seniors selection which is good news.

www.subiacofc.com.au/news/16264/wardmans-words-january-update

Again confirms we are going with what we have with the rucking position. Good to see some of these colts who missed out getting drafted pushing for a league place this year.

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 3 months ago #162791

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Will be interesting to see how well some of these Subi youngsters make the jump from colts to senior footy....one thing playing well as an over age player in junior footy and replicating it in senior footy....though compared to other clubs league sides, no better place than Subi to watch and learn from the likes of Horsley, Phelan, Lockyer et al.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: BC

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 3 months ago #162795

• BC
You're not wrong freez. The likes of Jack Mayo at 194cms will put pressure on older guys like Clancy Wheeler in the forward line whilst Hickmott and Hobley will hopefully get a chance through the middle to take some of the pressure of Horse, Phelan and Kitchin. I'm pretty sure the club has a pathways programme for colts which gives them exposure to the senior guys at training and for mentoring and so on...you would think most clubs have similar....so I'd be surprised if any colt coming through wouldn't have a pretty good idea on what's required at senior level.

Last edit: by BC.

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 2 months ago #163017

• BC
A nice little write up and YouTube video of the senior players preseason camp and resilience session on the club's website. It looks like the boys are getting stuck in which is good to see.

www.subiacofc.com.au/news/16286/subiaco-ramp-up-pre-season

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 631 guests and 2 members online

• Success Hill
  • Omah

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL