Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #157524

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924

BC wrote: I see the bogans are accusing Subi of cheating in winning the colts GF....FMD...in my living memory there's only been one team found to cheat during a GF and that was the SuDafeds in their drug tainted 2010 win when Casserly copped 2 years for taking PED's....the hypocrisy is mind blowing....and when I mentioned it on their shithole site it got taken down quicker than Monica Lewinsky.

It's amazing how a win can cloud folks judgement between right and wrong BC....hopefully 42 can provide us with an articulate answer....one devoid of any black n white bias or hypocrisy....Unlike BH to not be interested in the facts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Freezin.

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #157532

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1547

mikeh wrote: I was away for the long weekend but I kept track of the Grand Final via the web and radio coverage. Firstly congratulations to the Subiaco Football Club for their outstanding achievement of being the first side since 1946 to go unbeaten though an entire season. Whatever you think about the advantages they have over the rest of the competition, it still is a massive effort to have the skills, determination and motivation to keep coming back and winning every week. To have all three grades winning a flag indicates a club culture that is much more than financial resources alone. It is a credit to Schofield that he managed to get every player in the club to buy into the vision. They were obviously driven by the pain of the defeats of the past two years and were relentless in their goal.

The challenge for every other club in the WAFL now and also for the WAFC is to try and close the massive gap that has opened up between Subiaco and everyone else because without genuine competition we are going to kill interest in the league.

Good post Mike...I agree with everything you've said including somehow closing the gap. Whilst recognizing my club's achievements this year I realise it's not great for the comp if the other club's see they have no chance of winning a flag in years to come...over to the WAFC.

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #157533

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

BC wrote:

mikeh wrote: I was away for the long weekend but I kept track of the Grand Final via the web and radio coverage. Firstly congratulations to the Subiaco Football Club for their outstanding achievement of being the first side since 1946 to go unbeaten though an entire season. Whatever you think about the advantages they have over the rest of the competition, it still is a massive effort to have the skills, determination and motivation to keep coming back and winning every week. To have all three grades winning a flag indicates a club culture that is much more than financial resources alone. It is a credit to Schofield that he managed to get every player in the club to buy into the vision. They were obviously driven by the pain of the defeats of the past two years and were relentless in their goal.

The challenge for every other club in the WAFL now and also for the WAFC is to try and close the massive gap that has opened up between Subiaco and everyone else because without genuine competition we are going to kill interest in the league.

Good post Mike...I agree with everything you've said including somehow closing the gap. Whilst recognizing my club's achievements this year I realise it's not great for the comp if the other club's see they have no chance of winning a flag in years to come...over to the WAFC.

By your thinking La Liga and the EPL should have suffered from one teams dominance, Man U and Real Madrid did it for some years, Barca and even in the AFL it has happened.

An interesting comment from Chris Scott that having WCE and the car stealers in the GF gives all the clubs heart that the guard is changing.

It is up to the rest of the WAFL to catch up and that may be going to happen with Subiaco's goose dying, a new coach and other clubs being able to develop, it is up to the rest of the WAFL to improve.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Last edit: by Grump.

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #157540

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

BC wrote: I see the bogans are accusing Subi of cheating in winning the colts GF....FMD...in my living memory there's only been one team found to cheat during a GF and that was the SuDafeds in their drug tainted 2010 win when Casserly copped 2 years for taking PED's....the hypocrisy is mind blowing....and when I mentioned it on their shithole site it got taken down quicker than Monica Lewinsky.

thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/rivals-up-in-a...-final-ng-b88970842z

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #157542

• BC
No mention in that article that any of the boys took performance enhancing drugs....there is in this one though.

www.perthnow.com.au/news/nsw/tiger-hopef...180f9c3a4ef2d526ce36
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Last edit: by BC.

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #157543

• BC
...and besides...if you watch the replay of the final two minutes when Subi were supposed to have had spares behind the ball it never went into SD's front half. After the restart at the 23 minute mark it was either in Subi's control on the wing or in our forward line being contested....so not sure what all the fuss is about.

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #157544

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
I guess come end of the day the fair thing to do is if SD want that colts 2018 flag they must hand over their 2010 flag to Cl.....anyone from SD willing to do this?
The following user(s) said Thank You: BC

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #157549

• BC

Freezin wrote: I guess come end of the day the fair thing to do is if SD want that colts 2018 flag they must hand over their 2010 flag to Cl.....anyone from SD willing to do this?

hahaha...good call freez….anyway, I'm not wasting any more time over this one. the bogans can complain all they like but it's not going to change anything.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 445 guests and one member online

• Royals78

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020