Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #156904

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1543
5th year in a row we face off in the big dance. This year at least if we get beaten it'll be because we weren't good enough against a side that didn't have the luxury of parachuting 15 professionals into their finals team...so although it'll be hard to swallow, you've got to say congrats to WP. I'm confident we'll get up unlike previous years and think the selectors should go with the 22 that won the 2nd semi and not include Waters, Cockie or Stevenson. Of the 3, only Waters should be considered although the big body in Stevo might be handy in a GF. WP should be a bit sore and sorry after yesterdays game whereas our guys might be a touch rusty after only one game in a month. Hopefully it's a nice day, decent crowd, a good game and Subi by 15 points.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #156906

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154
BC I still have nightmares about the 2015 attempt, I still think you had a better squad in 2015, we have been the underdogs right through this finals, and have done well except for the first round, my boys will have nothing to lose in this game so will be interesting.

This game will be the first WAFL Gf at the new stadium, so it will be a historical game...

WP by 1 point!

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #156907

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Though BC u may get a few disgruntled WP and WAFL fans talking about Subi's recruits in the same breath as those parachuting Peel professionals mate.....just at a different level......plus also all those over age 19 yr olds running around in the earlier game belting up younger bodies.....wish all the best for all sides on the big day.....kinda think Subi will do one or three better than what EF did in 2012....losing all 3 big dances that day....

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #156908

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
These two clubs have a long history of huge upsets over each other.Home and away matches. finals and Grand Finals.Wests played really good footy ysrda.Moving the ball quickly up the ground to inform fwds that got the job done.SF threw everything at Subi in the 2nd semi and looked really flat ysrda.But might of worked out the best game plan to take on Subi.Keeping the ball moving quickly and avoiding stoppages where Subi crunch there opponents.
Expect another WP blinder but Subi won't let this one go and lose 3 in a row.Granted Subis have looked most vulnerable after two buys this year.
Subi 15 points.

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #156909

• BC

Falcon wrote: BC I still have nightmares about the 2015 attempt, I still think you had a better squad in 2015, we have been the underdogs right through this finals, and have done well except for the first round, my boys will have nothing to lose in this game so will be interesting.

This game will be the first WAFL Gf at the new stadium, so it will be a historical game...

WP by 1 point!

I agree about 2015 Falcon. It was a cracking squad with Menegola, Boland, Yarran just to name a few but think this years have lifted their intensity to another level. If it's a one point margin either way look for the paramedics coz that's where I'll be.

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #156910

• BC

Freezin wrote: Though BC u may get a few disgruntled WP and WAFL fans talking about Subi's recruits in the same breath as those parachuting Peel professionals mate.....just at a different level......plus also all those over age 19 yr olds running around in the earlier game belting up younger bodies.....wish all the best for all sides on the big day.....kinda think Subi will do one or three better than what EF did in 2012....losing all 3 big dances that day....

Two words freez….points cap. We work within the same cap as everyone else...yes, I agree we might have the odd blow in running around in maroon and gold but ya get that I guess. B)

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #156911

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
Apart from the Elimination Final, it's been fantastic to see 4 Wafl clubs participating in the Finals. Claremont bowed out, then Souths season came to an end. Leaving Subiaco and West Perth to square off in the Grandy. One feels it's going to be a fantastic match.
This Wafl Grand Final is also a crunch game for the whole competition!
If another low Grand Final attendance happens, surely questions will need answering.
With many people still going baby ga-ga over the new ground, one would be expecting the facility to be half to three quarter full at the very least!
With 2 Wafl Clubs in the Grand Final this year, a bumper crowd should be turning up. The disappointingly low qualifying crowd figures have been a real downer this season.
Would be fantastic to end the 2018 season with a bumper Grand Final attendance far in excess of recent years.

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #156913

• Rookie draft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
I give WP a 4% chance of holding up their end of the bargain.

Subiaco by 96 points

Last edit: by Rookie draft.

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #156917

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Just wish the game wasn't tainted by the WP scandal, which it totally is. After two years of Peel would have been nice to have traditional clubs playing each other without background noise. Noone could seriously argue WP would be a fairytale. It would be slightly embarrassing in fact.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza, ArkRoyal

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #156922

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

westaussieguy wrote: Apart from the Elimination Final, it's been fantastic to see 4 Wafl clubs participating in the Finals. Claremont bowed out, then Souths season came to an end. Leaving Subiaco and West Perth to square off in the Grandy. One feels it's going to be a fantastic match.
This Wafl Grand Final is also a crunch game for the whole competition!
If another low Grand Final attendance happens, surely questions will need answering.
With many people still going baby ga-ga over the new ground, one would be expecting the facility to be half to three quarter full at the very least!
With 2 Wafl Clubs in the Grand Final this year, a bumper crowd should be turning up. The disappointingly low qualifying crowd figures have been a real downer this season.
Would be fantastic to end the 2018 season with a bumper Grand Final attendance far in excess of recent years.

The problem the WAFL Grand Final faces this year despite the new stadium factor,, is , less that 24 hours before it the biggest game and crowd of the year is likely to be at the stadium for the eagles prelim, all the hype will be around that 100%, also people will be forking out a fair wack to attend that... If the eagles win and make the GF,,expect a media blitz that will steam roll the WAFL GF...apart from that expecting them to butter up twice in big numbers in two days is a bit unlikely ...that being said you might get a few of jokers that missed out on tickets wanting to go along.

That being said , I reckon Subi will romp it in by 40 plus points.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 561 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL