Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Subi and the grand old flag 5 years 7 months ago #153906

• BC
  • Thank you received: 1543
Couldn't agree more ooolllll...a danger game next week against the Sharks. B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by BC.

Subi and the grand old flag 5 years 7 months ago #153910

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
Absolutely, the game against the Sharks may well have some sections of the Subiaco hierarchy crapping like big black Alsatians.
The tactical nous of Wiley and co may have Schofield et al somewhat apprehensive as this potentially ladder changing fixtures looms. Many an analyst may well be asking 2 questions that this fixture puts forward - has Subiaco got top spot stitched up and do East Fremantle have a similar type mortgage on bottom spot.

Subi and the grand old flag 5 years 7 months ago #153915

• BC
  • Thank you received: 1543
I also notice we're now on top of the ladder in all 3 grades and with the games to come against EF and Perth we could very well finish the home and away season minor premiers in league, ressies and colts. I wonder when was the last time that happened if at all? and at risk of getting ahead of myself, has any club won all three flags in the one year? now wouldn't that be something if we were lucky enough for it to happen and I'm sure all WAFL supporters would join in the celebrations. :P

Last edit: by BC.

Subi and the grand old flag 5 years 7 months ago #153916

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273
Hopefully, if we overcome the obstacles you highlight over the next 2 weeks, the club will pick up the Rodriguez Shield.

www.wafl.com.au/honours/rodriguez-shield

Subi and the grand old flag 5 years 7 months ago #153922

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

ooollllrrrrrry2 wrote: I must confess I'm somewhat baffled by the free kick count also, implausible for mine that you can only get 8. Some skullduggery perhaps within the ranks of the WAFC and their underhanded approach to the Lions.
Solid win though and a definite step towards the finals, although there are still a couple of sneaky ones to come.

Faaark ooorf you muppets, you got 4 goals from those 8 free kicks, we will swap you in a canter. Don't even think about underhanded approaches from the WAFC, what I saw out there today was the making of the WAFC. Give me strength.

Subi and the grand old flag 5 years 7 months ago #153923

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

BC wrote: Couldn't agree more ooolllll...a danger game next week against the Sharks. B)

BC, your making jokes but this seriously is a massive danger game, a danger into putting the final nail in the WAFL coffin if this blows out to a 20-30 goal win.

Subi and the grand old flag 5 years 7 months ago #153925

• puppy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8

BC wrote: Couldn't agree more ooolllll...a danger game next week against the Sharks. B)

Lol the only danger is Subi pounding us so hard that our percentage falls below 50%.

Subi and the grand old flag 5 years 7 months ago #153927

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355

puppy wrote:

Lol the only danger is Subi pounding us so hard that our percentage falls below 50%.

Don't mean to drift orf topic. I cannot remember a team finishing the Home and Away fixtures with a percentage of 50 or less? Which is possibly the scenario East Fremantle are looking at in a couple of weeks time. Their percentage went as low as 55½% just prior to their first Bye. Currently sitting at 56.36 percent
Usually the wooden spooner is sitting on a % of around 70 to 80 or thereabouts. Isn't it?

Last edit: by westaussieguy.

Subi and the grand old flag 5 years 7 months ago #153928

• puppy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8

westaussieguy wrote:

puppy wrote:

Don't mean to drift orf topic. I cannot remember a team finishing the Home and Away fixtures with a percentage of 50 or less? Which is possibly the scenario East Fremantle are looking at in a couple of weeks time. Their percentage went as low as 55½% just prior to their first Bye. Currently sitting at 56.36 percent
Usually the wooden spooner is sitting on a % of around 70 to 80 or thereabouts. Isn't it?

I think that we will give it a good shake & it is not entirely impossible. If we score say 103 points from our last 2 games then we would have to concede 432 points to fall under 50 percent. Amazingly Peel Chunder Box did it in 1997 when they won only 1 game out of 20 & finished with a percentage of 39.19. They also did it in 1999 winning no games out of 20 & finishing with a percentage of 46.61% & again in 2003 with 1 from 20 & 40.97%.

With regards to Subiaco I cannot see them losing a game this year. West Perth are one of the few teams that pressed them earlier this season & given what they were playing for this game, were well beaten today. That Claremont match 2 weeks ago gave them the scare they needed to eliminate any possible complacency.

Subi and the grand old flag 5 years 7 months ago #153967

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

Leedy wrote:

BC, your making jokes but this seriously is a massive danger game, a danger into putting the final nail in the WAFL coffin if this blows out to a 20-30 goal win.

A bit worried that this post war record is in danger of being smashed hey lil weeeed? www.waflfootyfacts.net/season/games/stats.php?GameID=6861
I tell you what, if we beat it I’ll return the favour to joondy the 20 bucks your old man gave us when we were sinking, x 10
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 251 guests and 2 members online

• Mr AFL
  • DD

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma