Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

this week v the bogans 5 years 8 months ago #153198

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Subiaco struggling to maintain their unbeaten season in 2018.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

this week v the bogans 5 years 8 months ago #153200

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1547
what a slog that was. the ground was a quagmire with standing water all over the place. Zac CLarke was huge and dominated the hits giving our mids first use. 60 inside 50's to 35 told the story although Swans tackling pressure was enormous. The usual suspects in Phelan, Kitchin, Horse, Dela were all very good. I thought you Borchet presented well and it was good to get Justin Joyce back. Halligan will be better for the run and I noticed Rhys Waters was a runner so can't be too far away. All in all a good effort and special praise goes to the umpies for at least trying to even the game up....well done....20 frees including 3 within 20 meters of goal to the bogans to our 4 in total or similar at the start of the last qtr.

this week v the bogans 5 years 8 months ago #153203

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

BC wrote: what a slog that was. the ground was a quagmire with standing water all over the place. Zac CLarke was huge and dominated the hits giving our mids first use. 60 inside 50's to 35 told the story although Swans tackling pressure was enormous. The usual suspects in Phelan, Kitchin, Horse, Dela were all very good. I thought you Borchet presented well and it was good to get Justin Joyce back. Halligan will be better for the run and I noticed Rhys Waters was a runner so can't be too far away. All in all a good effort and special praise goes to the umpies for at least trying to even the game up....well done....20 frees including 3 within 20 meters of goal to the bogans to our 4 in total or similar at the start of the last qtr.

9 free kicks to zero to Subiaco from that point on. Interesting.

this week v the bogans 5 years 8 months ago #153218

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
Score line just a tad too close for my liking, hopefully with Cockie and a few others getting another run under their belts in the twos there may be a bit more depth for the sterner tests which are coming up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

this week v the bogans 5 years 8 months ago #153219

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

ooollllrrrrrry2 wrote: Score line just a tad too close for my liking, hopefully with Cockie and a few others getting another run under their belts in the twos there may be a bit more depth for the sterner tests which are coming up.

Absolutely hilarious: though Peel are coming.

this week v the bogans 5 years 8 months ago #153228

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207

swan42 wrote:

ooollllrrrrrry2 wrote: Score line just a tad too close for my liking, hopefully with Cockie and a few others getting another run under their belts in the twos there may be a bit more depth for the sterner tests which are coming up.

Absolutely hilarious: though Peel are coming.

True, they certainly are. Although if the fixturing had have been fairer you would have thought that Subiaco should have actually been playing Peel today instead of Swans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

this week v the bogans 5 years 8 months ago #153231

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
we certainly played Peel and South three times last year-- Swans made the finals last year-- they are just outside the five this year. We play the Demons, whom finsihed second last the previous season only twice in 2018.

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.

this week v the bogans 5 years 8 months ago #153232

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

ArkRoyal wrote: we certainly played Peel and South three times last year-- Swans made the finals last year-- they are just outside the five this year.

This is what Gavin Taylor said:

“All clubs will play each other twice and their other two games will be against teams that finished in the same third of the ladder last season or for a traditional feature game."

www.communitynews.com.au/eastern-reporte...-two-rounds-removed/

this week v the bogans 5 years 8 months ago #153233

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Swan 42: I take your point -- I am stressing that they have not loaded Subi with easy games bassed on last year's ladder. This year we will have palyed EF only twice because they got the wooden spoon.

Taylor is not that far away from his pledge, Swan 42, as your beloved black and whites did finish fourth in 2017.

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.

this week v the bogans 5 years 8 months ago #153234

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

ArkRoyal wrote: Swan 42: I take your point -- I am stressing that they have not loaded Subi with easy games bassed on last year's ladder. This year we will have palyed EF only twice because they got the wooden spoon.

AR the point is that Subiaco is not a traditional rival of Swans nor did we finish in the same third as Subiaco therefore we should have been scheduled to play Subiaco only twice this season. With only 18 games each club will only play two clubs 3 times; so it is quite significant, and even more significant this year where percentages may well determine who makes the finals and who doesn't, who the clubs you play three times.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 553 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog