OzFooty.Net Sign In

Who's Online?

We have 203 guests and one member online

  • Dazzler

Newest Footy Recruits

  • Wanneroo Amateur Football Club
  • Royalty
  • WCE1987
  • royallucky
  • oldcol
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
11 Nov 2018
Memories From Yesteryear..Bob Coleman(Perth)

TOPIC: this week v the bogans

this week v the bogans 3 months 1 week ago #153198

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6317
  • Thank you received: 739
Subiaco struggling to maintain their unbeaten season in 2018.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

this week v the bogans 3 months 1 week ago #153200

  • BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5030
  • Thank you received: 710
what a slog that was. the ground was a quagmire with standing water all over the place. Zac CLarke was huge and dominated the hits giving our mids first use. 60 inside 50's to 35 told the story although Swans tackling pressure was enormous. The usual suspects in Phelan, Kitchin, Horse, Dela were all very good. I thought you Borchet presented well and it was good to get Justin Joyce back. Halligan will be better for the run and I noticed Rhys Waters was a runner so can't be too far away. All in all a good effort and special praise goes to the umpies for at least trying to even the game up....well done....20 frees including 3 within 20 meters of goal to the bogans to our 4 in total or similar at the start of the last qtr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

this week v the bogans 3 months 1 week ago #153203

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6317
  • Thank you received: 739

BC wrote: what a slog that was. the ground was a quagmire with standing water all over the place. Zac CLarke was huge and dominated the hits giving our mids first use. 60 inside 50's to 35 told the story although Swans tackling pressure was enormous. The usual suspects in Phelan, Kitchin, Horse, Dela were all very good. I thought you Borchet presented well and it was good to get Justin Joyce back. Halligan will be better for the run and I noticed Rhys Waters was a runner so can't be too far away. All in all a good effort and special praise goes to the umpies for at least trying to even the game up....well done....20 frees including 3 within 20 meters of goal to the bogans to our 4 in total or similar at the start of the last qtr.


9 free kicks to zero to Subiaco from that point on. Interesting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

this week v the bogans 3 months 1 week ago #153218

  • ooollllrrrrrry2
  • ooollllrrrrrry2's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 372
  • Thank you received: 61
Score line just a tad too close for my liking, hopefully with Cockie and a few others getting another run under their belts in the twos there may be a bit more depth for the sterner tests which are coming up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

this week v the bogans 3 months 1 week ago #153219

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6317
  • Thank you received: 739

ooollllrrrrrry2 wrote: Score line just a tad too close for my liking, hopefully with Cockie and a few others getting another run under their belts in the twos there may be a bit more depth for the sterner tests which are coming up.


Absolutely hilarious: though Peel are coming.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

this week v the bogans 3 months 1 week ago #153228

  • ooollllrrrrrry2
  • ooollllrrrrrry2's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 372
  • Thank you received: 61

swan42 wrote:

ooollllrrrrrry2 wrote: Score line just a tad too close for my liking, hopefully with Cockie and a few others getting another run under their belts in the twos there may be a bit more depth for the sterner tests which are coming up.


Absolutely hilarious: though Peel are coming.


True, they certainly are. Although if the fixturing had have been fairer you would have thought that Subiaco should have actually been playing Peel today instead of Swans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

this week v the bogans 3 months 1 week ago #153231

  • ArkRoyal
  • ArkRoyal's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2874
  • Thank you received: 714
we certainly played Peel and South three times last year-- Swans made the finals last year-- they are just outside the five this year. We play the Demons, whom finsihed second last the previous season only twice in 2018.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.

this week v the bogans 3 months 1 week ago #153232

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6317
  • Thank you received: 739

ArkRoyal wrote: we certainly played Peel and South three times last year-- Swans made the finals last year-- they are just outside the five this year.


This is what Gavin Taylor said:

“All clubs will play each other twice and their other two games will be against teams that finished in the same third of the ladder last season or for a traditional feature game."

www.communitynews.com.au/eastern-reporte...-two-rounds-removed/
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

this week v the bogans 3 months 1 week ago #153233

  • ArkRoyal
  • ArkRoyal's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2874
  • Thank you received: 714
Swan 42: I take your point -- I am stressing that they have not loaded Subi with easy games bassed on last year's ladder. This year we will have palyed EF only twice because they got the wooden spoon.

Taylor is not that far away from his pledge, Swan 42, as your beloved black and whites did finish fourth in 2017.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.

this week v the bogans 3 months 1 week ago #153234

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6317
  • Thank you received: 739

ArkRoyal wrote: Swan 42: I take your point -- I am stressing that they have not loaded Subi with easy games bassed on last year's ladder. This year we will have palyed EF only twice because they got the wooden spoon.


AR the point is that Subiaco is not a traditional rival of Swans nor did we finish in the same third as Subiaco therefore we should have been scheduled to play Subiaco only twice this season. With only 18 games each club will only play two clubs 3 times; so it is quite significant, and even more significant this year where percentages may well determine who makes the finals and who doesn't, who the clubs you play three times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DG
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags