Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Peter Munro 5 years 8 months ago #152254

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
Remember when PM arrived at Subi.From memory he was a pretty good player in wet conditions. Being a former Vic who played at the Western Oval.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Peter Munro 5 years 8 months ago #152257

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

BC wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

ArkRoyal wrote: AD: great post -- considerring his size -- he was only 5-8 -- he was one of he best contested marks I have seen. AD, he also has another claim to a fame does Munro. He replaced your name sake at full-forward for Subiaco.

Archie wasnt at Subi all that long from memory AR? Munro was in turn replaced at FF by Clint Brown (and Brendan MacFaull for a very short while) until Bunton came along and turned former wingmen/half forward Todd Breman into a spearhead up front.

jeez BH...did you research that or did it all come from memory? if so, your knowledge of that historical stuff is encyclopaedic as I've followed Subi for over 50 years and I couldn't throw those gems up. B)

No research required BC as I have a photogenic memory of the halcyon period of WA footy a dozen years before the WCE were forced upon us all whilst classmates were taking in books like "Of Mice & Men" or the like I was studying "Who's Who In West Australian Football" from cover to cover during compulsory reading ....interesting to note every WAFL side won at least 1 flag from that halcyon era 1975-86 compare that to now were we have the ludicrous situation where 2 clubs havent won a flag for 40 years, another for 20 years and even my mob have only won 1 (by 1 solitary point I might add) in the last 27 years!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Peter Munro 5 years 8 months ago #152275

• BC
  • Thank you received: 1547
yes but my club didn't win one for 49 years from 1924 to 1973 so nothing unusual there....I guess Subi is now making up for lost time. ;-)

Peter Munro 5 years 8 months ago #152284

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207

BC wrote: yes but my club didn't win one for 49 years from 1924 to 1973 so nothing unusual there....I guess Subi is now making up for lost time. ;-)

Wouldn't get too cocky there, with Mongo fit and firing and ready for a run in September, plus an injury raveged Lions list you could be bridesmaids again in the GF.

• Page:
Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 734 guests and 2 members online

• Success Hill
  • Omah

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes