Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

This week against FART 5 years 9 months ago #150993

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149

BC wrote: First and foremost no I don't believe Subi will go through the season undefeated and even if I did, it would be arrogant and foolhardy to say so. A lot depends on injuries, form and what the opposition brings to the table. Clancy Wheeler another casualty on Friday night with a hamstring and given we play Souths next weekend, there's a very good chance we'll lose...I hope we don't but it wouldn't surprise if a revved up Souths got over an undermanned Subi missing Stevenson, Halligan, Newton, Justin Joyce, Wheeler plus first choicers Corey Adamson and Joel Latham gone for the year...not an excuse just a fact. Fortunately a few kids have been promoted to cover the outs and they've really stepped up which is good for depth but you can't keep relying on inexperienced youngsters when the finals come around.

$ubi's really struggling to find replacements this week BC. They are scraping the barrel!
You have all three grades in top 2 and you're whinging with a couple of injuries.
What a great dilemma to have for any side.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This week against FART 5 years 9 months ago #150995

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1547

westaussieguy wrote: I'm surprised no-one has made mention of the tactics in this match. I listened to some of the Footy radio broadcast and I'm glad of not attending. Just listening to some of the play was a turn off. Quite often when Subiaco had the ball and going forward, ALL the players on the field were in Subiaco's forward line. According to the commentary team it was ugly stuff! Why are all the players in one half of the ground??? Don't players play to their positions any-more? If not why not? If this rubbish has become the norm, why do teams bother to publish team lists for?
The bloody question needs asking as to why teach the kids to play this rubbish? If this going to become normal style of play, god help us all!!
Would it not be surprising that people are turning right off footy when this crap goes on?

EP did the same thing a few weeks ago wag. Obviously the aligned sides want their ressies to practice defensive structures rather than actually trying to win a game every now and then.

This week against FART 5 years 9 months ago #150997

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Wasn't aware of that until it was mentioned. Never listen to any of the alignment matches normally as much prefer to listen to games where two Wafl clubs are playing. That was the only match on that evening. Won't be listening to any more crap alignment matches!
Sounds like Subiaco did really well to achieve the score they kicked.

This week against FART 5 years 9 months ago #151010

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207

BC wrote:

westaussieguy wrote: I'm surprised no-one has made mention of the tactics in this match. I listened to some of the Footy radio broadcast and I'm glad of not attending. Just listening to some of the play was a turn off. Quite often when Subiaco had the ball and going forward, ALL the players on the field were in Subiaco's forward line. According to the commentary team it was ugly stuff! Why are all the players in one half of the ground??? Don't players play to their positions any-more? If not why not? If this rubbish has become the norm, why do teams bother to publish team lists for?
The bloody question needs asking as to why teach the kids to play this rubbish? If this going to become normal style of play, god help us all!!
Would it not be surprising that people are turning right off footy when this crap goes on?

EP did the same thing a few weeks ago wag. Obviously the aligned sides want their ressies to practice defensive structures rather than actually trying to win a game every now and then.

I try not to buy into the alignment club stuff but if this is correct all it does is detract from the integrity of clubs involved. Clubs having reserves sides is not a new invention by the weagles or Fremantle. We have seen them in the WAFL, SANFL and the VFL for over 100 years and in country, surburban and ammo's also and whilst it was there for players returning from injury and players adapting to certain positions you have always seen pride and integrity in doing your utmost to win. If it is true (and my only source is here) and it may not be and the AFl clubs are using in effect training match simulations rather than adopting a game plan to win then it is a complete and utter disgrace. And if true does nothing more than underline the complete selfishnes of the clubs involved.

I knew there was a reason why I try to stay out of this topic, as it infuriates me and I will cease again.

For christs sake plan, strategise and play to win. Who the hell knows it may become contagious, you may enjoy and so may the paying public and supporters on which the game depends. I think it was Garry Lyon who recently said (doesn't really matter who it was, it's true) "if your concerned about how the game is played and looks, don't ask a coach".

This week against FART 5 years 9 months ago #151033

• oobisoobi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 39
Ultra defence is definitely the modus operandi of the AFL sides (with the exception of the opening game of the season). Worked well for Peel in the finals over the last couple of years with the inclusion of the higher quality AFL players. Get three goals in front and then stack the team in the defensive 50m arc

This week against FART 5 years 9 months ago #151143

• Rookie draft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29

jackspratt wrote: So plenty to learn for Peel, and bugger all to like. :whistle:

Here’s a couple of likes

Subi kept to their lowest score of the year.
Margin reduced by 40pts from last time we met.

Poor old JacktheBratt. Keep trying champ.

Should be a good game v South

This week against FART 5 years 9 months ago #151150

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1547
I wouldn't be too proud of FART's efforts given it was a night game in pretty ordinary conditions and your mob kicked 2 goals for the whole game due to defensive flooding.

This week against FART 5 years 9 months ago #151184

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273

Rookie draft wrote:

jackspratt wrote: So plenty to learn for Peel, and bugger all to like. :whistle:

Here’s a couple of likes

Subi kept to their lowest score of the year.
Margin reduced by 40pts from last time we met.

Poor old JacktheBratt. Keep trying champ.

Should be a good game v South

Your pathetic mob are playing Perth this week, or hadn't you noticed?

Not a dickey bird from you on the thread devoted to that game. Here it is in case you missed it:

ozfooty.net/joomla16/index.php?option=co...id=8353&limitstart=0

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 478 guests and 2 members online

• Time For a Flag
  • Jicca

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977