Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

creme de la creme 5 years 9 months ago #150135

• BC
  • Thank you received: 1547
For what exactly? For using an organisation which has been created specifically to help sporting clubs raise funds? Your mob use them as well so where in the hell did this come from?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

creme de la creme 5 years 9 months ago #150136

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358

BC wrote: For what exactly? For using an organisation which has been created specifically to help sporting clubs raise funds? Your mob use them as well so where in the hell did this come from?

Get your hand off it BC you will go blind. Your club is an absolute disgrace and has demonstrated it's determination to continue to be the dominant force in this competition. Your club fails to acknowledge it has enjoyed a charmed run on the back of being the lease holder of Subiaco Oval and holding the WAFC to ransom for the past 2 decades or so and now believes it is entitled like any sporting club to further hand outs as soon as that sweetheart deal has expired. Your club is a fucken disgrace.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Last edit: by DD.

creme de la creme 5 years 9 months ago #150139

• BC
Christ...did you get a knock back this morning? my footy club is entitled to raise funds just like any other including yours....its not asking for handouts, it's seeking tax deductable donations from Subi members, supporters and sponsors for projects including funding the junior comps in its district and country zones. It will also help to spruce up a 20 year old gym and develop pathways for coaches in the area. plus the fact it's nothing new and has been on SFC website for months. when you become the Perth Eagles no doubt your club will receive funding from that AFL behemoth and the shoe will be on the other foot....until then, you worry about your mob and i'll worry about mine..

Last edit: by BC.

creme de la creme 5 years 9 months ago #150140

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

BC wrote: If you read the article properly and not just take out what you want you'll see Subi has joined with ASF which is a professional funds raiser to get $ for 4 specific club related projects including building a new gym, coach development programmes, assistance for juniors and players moving from the country and so on.. They're asking members, supporters and sponsors to donate not anyone else. Perth and Claremont use ASF as well along with Freo and WCE so what's your problem?

thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/richest-club-i...ndouts-ng-b88878899z

BC did I not say these things, maybe not in full but they are in my post. The final bit is an opinion abt the club which has been on the receiving end of a handout for a number of years and when it finishes it goes cap in hand to businesses, members etc. Yep EP went cap in hand in the past be the difference was we were broke and if the donations did not occur we would have folded. If you don't get the dosh mmmm you ain't gunna fold just not dominate the competition.

I think it is a bit rich what Subi are doing (excuse the unintended pun) but if that is what you are doing fine. We have Bronte as did a lot of clubs (whether they like it or not) through AHG and other sponsors. We also have the WCE sponsorship of our league team and look what that gets us ( not effing much as a team)but is also helping with costs.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Last edit: by Grump.

creme de la creme 5 years 9 months ago #150141

• BC
Fair enough Grump...but I can't see what all the angst is about. It's asking it's own members and supporters for donations to help worthy projects at the club. It's not seeking funding from the WAFC, AFL or anyone else...no one is being forced to donate it's just a request so for anyone to be critical from outside the club is a bit rich imo as it's got stuff all to do with them.

creme de la creme 5 years 9 months ago #150142

• ShinyDuck
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
How is it tax deductible?

Is the $ubiaco Football Club some kind of benevolent institution or something?

creme de la creme 5 years 9 months ago #150143

• BC
No...but ASF was set up by the Federal Government and has deductible gift recipient status so donations go to them first before being passed onto Subi. That's why Perth, Claremont, Freo and WCE along with a whole heap of other sporting individuals, clubs and organisations use them as well.

creme de la creme 5 years 9 months ago #150144

• ShinyDuck
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
oh ok ..
so they've got a tax scheme going along with their salary cap scheme ...

creme de la creme 5 years 9 months ago #150147

• BC
no...they're doing what hundreds of other sporting clubs and organisations around the country do...maybe your mob should get with the times and stop relying on BHP. I also notice you lot offer corporate AFL packages at Optus Stadium....I hope you don't make any money out of it otherwise you'll cop a constant stream of abuse from other supporters.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 744 guests and 2 members online

• Omah
  • Mightymagpie88

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric