Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

creme de la creme 5 years 9 months ago #149878

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Since BH has deleted the posts on the SD thread in regards to Swan 42 claim that Subi are beating all n sundry this year because they keep cherry picking the creme de la creme from other WAFL clubs.....thought folk could feel "safe" naming some names here?....bemused who 42 was referring too.........and he appears to be reluctant to back up his claims, so lets do it for him.....BC u can start mate.....what in he'll or who in he'll is 42 referring too?.......is he on the money.....or just salty because SD got thrashed on Sat........

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Freezin.

creme de la creme 5 years 9 months ago #149884

• BC
  • Thank you received: 1543
hahaha...I like it freez. I think 42 is still cranky about Brett Robinson and Wayde Twomey even though Robbo wasn't even training with the bogans at that stage. When 42 says Subi has been taking the "cream" from other WAFL clubs I kind of think he means F&B winners, state reps, 100+ gamers and the like and with no disrespect to Subi's current list, quite frankly I can't see any. Scotty Hancock would certainly be in EF's top half a dozen players if he was still there but that's probably more about EF at the moment than Scott himself as a player...so tbh, I haven't got a clue who he's on about.

creme de la creme 5 years 9 months ago #149885

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
Litherland and Lockyer have both played state footy in the last few years and are not Subiaco products, both West Perth and Claremont would be stronger had they returned to their original clubs and Subi weaker, money talked.
Ben Newton from South Freo a similar case..
3 examples of directly weakening teams who are a chance of the 5 by recruiting blokes straight out of the afl system.
Drew Rohde would also get into WP's team.
Robinson was training at Swans in February the year he went to Subi so not sure about your story.

creme de la creme 5 years 9 months ago #149887

• BC
Oh...so you mean Litherland and Lockyer didn't return to their original WAFL club after being delisted just like Rhys Palmer. Ben Newton didn't play footy last year and Rohde played in the country. Yes they came from other WAFL clubs originally but didn't Payne, Clutterbuck et al do likewise or were they just tricking during their time at EP?

creme de la creme 5 years 9 months ago #149889

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Yep very true MO........Perth could do with Matty Rogers right now I reckon as well......imagine how better Peel would of been pre Docker if Riggio had gone back there....perhaps might of stopped Peel needing to align with Freo for success....ditto EF taking ROB & BOB from them.....every club is guilty.....SF with Saunders, Higgins, Pickett and Wilson from Cl, EP, SD and Peel respectively....also who knows if SF would of made the GF if Perth hadn't snared Jones from them......just not sure why 42 has a bee in his blacknwhite beanie about Subi.....everyone does it.....

creme de la creme 5 years 9 months ago #149892

• BC
Stop it freez...you're making too much sense...a poster on here as a voice of reason will be doing their heads in.

creme de la creme 5 years 9 months ago #149893

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

Freezin wrote: Since BH has deleted the posts on the SD thread in regards to Swan 42 claim that Subi are beating all n sundry this year because they keep cherry picking the creme de la creme from other WAFL clubs.....thought folk could feel "safe" naming some names here?....bemused who 42 was referring too.........and he appears to be reluctant to back up his claims, so lets do it for him.....BC u can start mate.....what in he'll or who in he'll is 42 referring too?.......is he on the money.....or just salty because SD got thrashed on Sat........

Why on earth would a supposed EF supporter want to chat about Subiaco on a SDFC mid season thread is beyond me considering the current state of his own supposed mob unless of course they were trying to shit stir.
If you wanted to actually stay on the topic there would have been no problem but maybe living in England & NZ for 30 years has frozen your mind.
MO don’t forget Powell originally from CL delisted by WCE straight to Subiaco.
As for the likes of Sokol, Fimmano, Matera Polak, Nelson, Heal, etc apparently not getting an opportunity at their respective original clubs there are not many 18 & 19 yo’s who are League regulars but all had been blooded their before they were poached I am sure if there were still at their original clubs they would be regulars now if they had hung around!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog

creme de la creme 5 years 9 months ago #149894

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
what player apart from Hampson has Subi lost in the last 10 years to another WAFL club ?
Swans got Palmer but lost Boekhorst.
who cares where Rhode and Newton did or didnt play last year - the fact is both would have been required players at their original clubs but elected to play at Subi.
the fact is that despite the players Subi get in no other WAFL club can either get a similar player in a swap or get a player out of Subi means they get stronger while the others get weaker or stay the same.
Swans get blokes from EP reserves and that is compared to getting blokes out of the AFL system ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, Beasley Hutton

creme de la creme 5 years 9 months ago #149895

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Given I support EP and that may preclude me from commenting but what the hell!

The problem is that Subi can go out and recruit players and offer incentives that are often out of reach of other clubs, the biggest being winning games and premierships. I am not saying that they can offer a fait accompli but they can offer better odds than most other clubs, even Souths who would be the the third best club over a good period of time.

The best example is of late is Zac Clarke who got the same offer from both Perth and Subi and responded by going to Subi cos he could win!

Swans this year were able to offer an environment were there is development and a chance to compete over the next few years and from I understand the environment is very good both on and off field. EF just got given a ray o'connor brown bag and spent it, their issue is will the bag be there next year.

I begrudge Subi's position which was a position denied the other clubs no less than the EP sellout but they have made full use of it and the issue for them is the haording money has gone plus this years compensation time will tell if they have banked enough to see them through a decade. Hopefully they will come back to the pack and we can look forward to a more even competition.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, mikeh

creme de la creme 5 years 9 months ago #149896

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
Not sure if waflfootyfacts has the exact stats at hand but read somewhere the winning % of each WAFL club over the last 5 seasons (since the start of 2014) and it makes for disturbing reading.
Subiaco were in the mid 80s winning %, SF, WP, EP & Peel in the 50% Range, CL, SD & EF were in the 40% Range & Perth about the 30% mark.
That is also including 2 GFs Subiaco lost to Peel so their record in home and away games would probably be even higher.
How is that good for a close, exciting, vibrant WAFL competition?
And also why on earth have Subiaco even needed to top up an already strong list whilst also weakening their direct opposition...didn’t they even win the Ressies flag last year?

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 303 guests and 3 members online

• Success Hill
  • Southerner
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes