Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Delahunty 5 years 9 months ago #149318

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1543
The arrival of Zac Clarke has had a big impact on Lachy Delahunty in my opinion by freeing him up to pay that mobile, high half forward role.. Dela is averaging 23 disposals and 6 marks per game whilst also going into the ruck to give Clarke a spell. He's probably our most effective and important player at the moment along with Horse and appears to have increased his fitness meaning he's running out games really well and is very hard to match up on. Dela's 16 disposals in the first qtr against EF last week really set up the game's outcome and I just hope his form continues. I'd be interested in the opinions of others who have seen him in action this year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Delahunty 5 years 9 months ago #149353

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132

BC wrote: The arrival of Zac Clarke has had a big impact on Lachy Delahunty in my opinion by freeing him up to pay that mobile, high half forward role.. Dela is averaging 23 disposals and 6 marks per game whilst also going into the ruck to give Clarke a spell. He's probably our most effective and important player at the moment along with Horse and appears to have increased his fitness meaning he's running out games really well and is very hard to match up on. Dela's 16 disposals in the first qtr against EF last week really set up the game's outcome and I just hope his form continues. I'd be interested in the opinions of others who have seen him in action this year.

Article in this mornings West about Delahunty by John Townsend!. Mentions that he has now played 13 consecutive games which is the longest run since he came to Subi in 2014 so he has never really got a sustained run at it. Also mentions that Halligan has a knee problem that will keep him out for a little while and he is postponing surgery to get thru this year. Newton has a broken jaw and will be out until next month? Also confirms that Adamson has retired due to injury problems.
Back to Dela heard a radio interview with Chris Phelan last week that the boys had been stirring Dela up that it was good to finally have a decent ruckman ( Clarke) at the club. Dela is relishing being able to run around without having to do the full time rucking role and is a better player for it. Clarke is now giving us first use more of the time which is assisting the midfielders and takes pressure off the defence too. Remarkably the biggest score against us so far was East perth in the first game (10.10 ...70)

Delahunty 5 years 9 months ago #149357

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1543
I just read JT's article and he should have credited my original post at the foot of his with something like "Original published by BC on OzFooty" or the like as it's virtually a replication with a few extra bits and pieces :P ....oh well...any story on the mighty Lions will do me.

thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/subiacos-lachl...t-form-ng-b88865725z

Last edit: by BC.

Delahunty 5 years 9 months ago #149379

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
JT should have asked him how Subiaco managed to initially fit him into the salary cap.
It may have become a front page story
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

• Page:
Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 434 guests and 3 members online

• screemar
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr