Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

S v Sharks 5 years 9 months ago #149217

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Roman wrote:

swan42 wrote:

BC wrote:

Freezin wrote: Any chance Subi can loan out a spare ruckman to EF....if Griffen is injured the club is short of a few.....actually all of them....Fletch come home mate

I shouldn't grizzle about our inaccurate kicking too much eh freez?….19.26 isn't quite as bad as 7.26 :P

I see another close game where Subiaco struggled to win: 45 scoring shots to 12. Eight games down only 12 more games to go.

10 to go now remember the WAFC have shortened the season by 2 games.

No I hadn't forgotten another shining example of the INEPTITUDE of the WAFC. However, I hadn't realised that Subiaco were not going to participate in the finals after the qualifying games.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

S v Sharks 5 years 9 months ago #149219

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207

swan42 wrote:

Roman wrote:

swan42 wrote:

BC wrote:

Freezin wrote: Any chance Subi can loan out a spare ruckman to EF....if Griffen is injured the club is short of a few.....actually all of them....Fletch come home mate

I shouldn't grizzle about our inaccurate kicking too much eh freez?….19.26 isn't quite as bad as 7.26 :P

I see another close game where Subiaco struggled to win: 45 scoring shots to 12. Eight games down only 12 more games to go.

10 to go now remember the WAFC have shortened the season by 2 games.

No I hadn't forgotten another shining example of the INEPTITUDE of the WAFC. However, I hadn't realised that Subiaco were not going to participate in the finals after the qualifying games.

Pay that as a comeback, yep don't know if sportsbet have Subiaco as a lock for finals this year.

S v Sharks 5 years 9 months ago #149222

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132

ArkRoyal wrote: Freezin: I think Rix played around the 2010-11 era from memory, time does fly when your playing ruck-rovers in the ruck position for years on end. McDougall and Stockley also did their bit for us particularly against EP; but, as you know, that only stresses our point about good ruckman further -- we would not have beaten the royals alignment side without them.

Rix played 51 games for Subi from mid 2009 until the semi final against South's in 2011 when he injured a knee from memory. Not sure he would have made the difference in the 2011 grand final against the Tigers but we may have been closer given he had over 50 hit outs in an earlier game against them that year. We also lost Clancy Wheeler early in that GF after he was cleaned up by a tiger player. Got the games info from WAFL footy facts site which is excellent reference point for us WAFL addicts! Thanks again Ric.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

S v Sharks 5 years 9 months ago #149230

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1543
I remember Wheeler getting cleaned up Jjim...it was by Beau Maister or Wilkes as he was known back then. A head high shot that knocked him out and Wilkes never even got reported at the time or cited for it after the game. As for Rix...he was a beauty and had a huge tank for a big bloke.

S v Sharks 5 years 9 months ago #149231

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256
I stand to be corrected, BC, but I think it might've been Brett Jones and not Beau Maister who cleaned up Clancy Wheeler in the 2011 GF

S v Sharks 5 years 9 months ago #149232

• BC
You could be right Archie but I had a dim recollection of Wilkes doing the business on poor old Clanger...maybe AR or someone else can confirm.

S v Sharks 5 years 9 months ago #149235

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132

BC wrote: You could be right Archie but I had a dim recollection of Wilkes doing the business on poor old Clanger...maybe AR or someone else can confirm.

Think Archie is right there about Brett Jones, it happened right in front of me and was a super hard hit , I heard all the air being expelled out of poor Clancy and I think Stevo ended up rucking after that.

S v Sharks 5 years 9 months ago #149237

• BC

swan42 wrote:

BC wrote:

gee I hope so 42 but with Freo again missing finals and a heap of first choicers becoming available over the next few weeks I can see the likes of Apeness, Cox, Scott and co dropping back along with Danyle Pearce, Johnson, McCartney etc all qualifying for the chunder and a threepeat becoming more likely every day.

S v Sharks 5 years 9 months ago #149238

• BC
Does anyone have any mail on Ben Newton? He didn't reappear after 1/4 time and seemed to have concerns around his jaw or similar at the 1/4 time huddle.

S v Sharks 5 years 9 months ago #149251

• Ocker 157
  • Thank you received: 23
No news on Newton BC but at the club on Saturday night I did learn that Corey Adamson has retired due to a major long term problem with his foot...…..including arthritis!
Sad to see him have to bow out in those circumstances...…..a state player last year and a real hard nut and would have had plenty of good footy left in him.
Adam Cockie had about 23 touches in the ressies win but will probably need a few weeks to get match fit.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 406 guests and 4 members online

• Whitey
  • Demons Forever
  • Time For a Flag
  • Blackduck

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma