Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Josh Deluca 5 years 11 months ago #146633

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
At WCER, actually when we were EP there was an African player who was constantly abused racially. At times it had a quite emotional effect on him and other times he reacted by lashing out which more times than not landed him a suspension. The point about him was is that he only complained once and that as I understand it was that the umpire heard it and did nothing.

The WAFL is a game, it should be played as that and the vilification in any shape or form doesn't have a place out there.

If deluca was tagged and he got precious abt it then that perhaps shows something abt his character, the fact that the tiggers player did not want to have arbitration perhaps is abt how he feels and was in this instance the culmination of previous instances.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Josh Deluca 5 years 11 months ago #146634

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148
Kody Manning copped a couple of weeks a few years back for a similar action so cop it on the chin and move on. It gives a young bloke an opportunity to come in for a week !!!

Josh Deluca 5 years 11 months ago #146636

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1547
The legal definition of racial vilification is conduct that 'incites hatred, serious contempt, revulsion or severe ridicule'....I don't think Deluca came even close.

Josh Deluca 5 years 11 months ago #146638

• Factor opinion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 63
The slur has no place in football, at work or anywhere else.
Ask yourself this, why was the player's ethnicity added to the invective "c*#t"?
Revulsion? Contempt? Ridicule?

Subiaco FC gets so many things right but on this one it is way off the mark.
The slur was wrong, pure and simple.
Get with the program, sincerely apologise, don't try and blame the vilified player for thinking he'll get nothing out of conciliation and being railroaded into accepting an apology, and DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rookie draft

Josh Deluca 5 years 11 months ago #146643

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

BC wrote: The legal definition of racial vilification is conduct that 'incites hatred, serious contempt, revulsion or severe ridicule'....I don't think Deluca came even close.

Having been the person in a large organisation that had the responsibility for dealing with such instances I can tell you that his words in a workplace would have found him reduced a level or worse. Your opinion that it does not come close is way off the mark, your looking at it from your values not the persons on the receiving end which you have any training at all you would know it is not what offends you it is what ever offends the OTHER person directly or collaterally. Seems to me that Deluca doesn't understand this or perhaps doesn't care.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Josh Deluca 5 years 11 months ago #146646

• BC

Grump wrote:

BC wrote: The legal definition of racial vilification is conduct that 'incites hatred, serious contempt, revulsion or severe ridicule'....I don't think Deluca came even close.

Having been the person in a large organisation that had the responsibility for dealing with such instances I can tell you that his words in a workplace would have found him reduced a level or worse. Your opinion that it does not come close is way off the mark, your looking at it from your values not the persons on the receiving end which you have any training at all you would know it is not what offends you it is what ever offends the OTHER person directly or collaterally. Seems to me that Deluca doesn't understand this or perhaps doesn't care.

Based on what you're saying Grump and by extension, does that mean the Police aren't allowed to use the terms "dark skinned" "light skinned" "of Asian appearance" and so on in the media when looking for alleged offenders because it's labelling them as a result of their race or colour and the perpetrator may get offended? If that's the case the papers and electronic media have a lot of answering to do.

Josh Deluca 5 years 11 months ago #146648

• Factor opinion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 63
At least we can be grateful that the WAFC understands how to assess conduct that racially vilifies a player and to punish it appropriately.
What we must hope is that everyone at the very least understands that they cannot do what was done in this case (even if they still want to argue that there's nothing wrong about it). We must hope that, in time, they will also understand why it is wrong.

Josh Deluca 5 years 11 months ago #146649

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Umm BC he ABUSED him racially, the defence that Keifer has Asian ancestry when he was being abused, and not described, is pretty dumb. You're coming across pretty bad mate.

At least I won't have you to worry about when I tell Deluca he is a....

Last edit: by Stand the Test.

Josh Deluca 5 years 11 months ago #146651

• BC
StT...I've stated on this thread several times that Deluca shouldn't have said it and he deserves to get punished...but my question is should what he said receive the same penalty as other more serious offences? Subi Footy Club is saying the same thing and they're appealing the penalty not the fact that he should get anything at all...we're all in agreement on that. oh..and btw...I don't give a flying fu*k how I'm coming across...I have an opinion and I'll express it just like everyone else.

Last edit: by BC.

Josh Deluca 5 years 11 months ago #146652

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
3 weeks for racial abuse is fine mate, pretty serious thing.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 404 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020