Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2013: Round 5 v Claremont 10 years 11 months ago #11266

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Friday Night, Leederville Oval 6.45pm
Colts Friday Night 4.15pm

Might as well get this thread started.

Hopefully we've played our worst game for the season last week. Still, if anything Claremont look as strong as East Fremantle if not stronger.

Not sure who might come into the side. I guess Moore, Worthington, Waters, Pickett and Fetherstonhaugh would all be contenders. Big Seva did enough to hold his place I reckon - although Madut in the ressies did show a little bit of the form we know he can produce.

Dom Sheed is touring Denmark, Italy and England with the AIS squad believe it or not. You'd think the AFL/AIS might time these things not to clash with the Australian football season.

Grover might be making his comeback in the reserves.

Strange piece of fixturing going up against the Dockers on Friday night.

Reserves and development squad play on Saturday.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2013: Round 5 v Claremont 10 years 11 months ago #11284

• Ol Boy
  • Thank you received: 0
Agree the fixture clash with the Freo v's Bombers match is an claring mistake from a local footy point of view, I thought we had people with some forsight in charge, obviously not. Looking forward to a good game, we will lose McGovern which will be a big hole to fill, hope the forecast is for fine weather.

2013: Round 5 v Claremont 10 years 11 months ago #11321

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132
Looking forward to seeing my first game this season due to a series of poorly timed social events in the last three weeks!
Caught last weeks game on tv and was disappointed with the apparent lack of passion from the players in this one. Hoping it was just as a result of the heat of the day and the lack of rotations available after Smythe was injured early. It was commented on a couple of times by the abc commentators about the players not showing much when someone did something good in the game.
Would like to see Madut get a berth even if he hasn't been super impressive in the ressies as I liked what I saw during the practice games and I think he would develop better in a league environment.
Agree it is strange to be competing against the Dockers on a Friday night but suppose it will be for true WAFL fans anyway.

2013: Round 5 v Claremont 10 years 11 months ago #11332

• hungrytiger
lose mcgovern will be a biggish hole but dare say mitch andrews will come up, dual ruck combo with seaby will be hard to match with a resting fwd. hope foster gets up for game. and pat mcginnity had test at west coast today so pondering that he should play a game id say at claremont. west coast could have a fair few ins and outs this week kerr, lecras, mckenzie and possibly giving hutchings a game also.

Last edit: by hungrytiger. Reason: spell check

2013: Round 5 v Claremont 10 years 11 months ago #11333

• Chopper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hope it's not another blow-out like the last time we played the Tiggers in 2012 ???

We got the ball against the Sharks last Sat but our disposal and decision making under pressure was absolute rubbish - We must do better this week or it will get ugly !!! Tiggers by 6 goals ???

2013: Round 5 v Claremont 10 years 11 months ago #11402

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Lets hope it's not another blow out like last week and the last game last year. We were very competitive against them in a practice match ( yes I know you can't take much notice of results in these games). Got a feeling we will bounce back from last weeks effort or it is going to be a long year otherwise.

2013: Round 5 v Claremont 10 years 11 months ago #11403

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Lets hope it's not another blow out like last week and the last game last year. We were very competitive against them in a practice match ( yes I know you can't take much notice of results in these games). Got a feeling we will bounce back from last weeks effort or it is going to be a long year otherwise.

2013: Round 5 v Claremont 10 years 11 months ago #11420

• Tigeriffic
You're all right - putting this game up against the Dockers and Bombers game 3km away, what a joke - do these morons look at the AFL fixtures before doing the WAFL?

Have seen the suggested sides and yes McGinnity in for the Tigers a handy inclusion as he can run all day (or all night in this case) Silvagni was awesome last week and is playing again, Jess Laurie and Sibosado named as is Smith and Chidgzey and Mitch Andrews.

Never understood why they don't play Andrews and Seaby in all games unless they feel Seaby can handle the ruck all alone.

Why is Browny out? didn't think he was injured last week?

Tigers wont want to relax as Subi would have copped it on the training track after last weeks poor showing.

2013: Round 5 v Claremont 10 years 11 months ago #11474

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836

Tigeriffic wrote: You're all right - putting this game up against the Dockers and Bombers game 3km away, what a joke - do these morons look at the AFL fixtures before doing the WAFL?

Have seen the suggested sides and yes McGinnity in for the Tigers a handy inclusion as he can run all day (or all night in this case) Silvagni was awesome last week and is playing again, Jess Laurie and Sibosado named as is Smith and Chidgzey and Mitch Andrews.

Never understood why they don't play Andrews and Seaby in all games unless they feel Seaby can handle the ruck all alone.

Why is Browny out? didn't think he was injured last week?

Tigers wont want to relax as Subi would have copped it on the training track after last weeks poor showing.

Just so you know it was Subi who requested the friday night fixture. We have been getting great crowds to night fixtures hence Subi having the highest average attendences of all teams so far. Subi want to test the waters with a match up against the Freo game. Their research?? says that very few Subi members or supporters are Freo fans so would not impact too much, where it may impact is on the number of Monts supporters who turn up.

Anyway, having a look at the CL lineup in their thread, it is awesome, reminds me of the level of talent we had in 2008. I dont think we have anyone to match up on Seaby who is a quality player and their forward line with Richo, Jones & Medhurst has the potential to rip us a new one, plus their mids are the best in the business. Will be interesting to see what Schoey does, if it rains will he make it an ugly physical shutdown style or just see how the cards fall. If we get within 10 goals it will be a good effort, if it buckets down we could get within 5. Could be a good night to watch the game from the bar!!

2013: Round 5 v Claremont 10 years 11 months ago #11478

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
While in no way writing our season off .... just yet, I'd like the club to keep giving these young blokes as much game time as possible and see what we have in the cupboard with an aim for next season when teams like Claremont and EF will be brought back to the field without their AFL players. Not mentioning the traitor teams as they dont count. Unless it's really wet I'd like to see both big Seva and Madut play tonight, they would learn a bit playing against an experience guy like Seaby.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 693 guests and 3 members online

• Time For a Flag
  • Danger
  • Tiger Tales

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr