OzFooty.Net Sign In

Who's Online?

We have 180 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

  • lupingping33
  • getitright
  • Sacred no more
  • Run a muck
  • Largsboy
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
28 Jun 2017
Memories from Yesteryear..... Rod Alderton
Read More...

TOPIC: Schofield's post match speech

Schofield's post match speech 4 months 4 weeks ago #135811

  • Beasley Hutton
  • Beasley Hutton's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5375
  • Thank you received: 1049

gtrxuone wrote: Amazing thing to say BH.That will put pressure on the WAFC to do something. Or they might just leave the current Alignment rules in place.

What did he say Gtr?
Maybe he should also have a look in the mirror if he is talking about turning the comp into a farce!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Schofield's post match speech 4 months 4 weeks ago #135812

  • gtrxuone
  • gtrxuone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1343
  • Thank you received: 487

Beasley Hutton wrote:

gtrxuone wrote: Amazing thing to say BH.That will put pressure on the WAFC to do something. Or they might just leave the current Alignment rules in place.

What did he say Gtr?
Maybe he should also have a look in the mirror if he is talking about turning the comp into a farce!

Just going on what Mark O has heard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Schofield's post match speech 4 months 4 weeks ago #135813

  • BC
  • BC's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3837
  • Thank you received: 505
It's pretty clear in today's West what he said and I for one back him to the hilt. It's disappointing when you play Peel during the year and they're at a certain level than they drop in 6 full time pro's who've played the back half of the season in the AFL and knock off a team which finished 7 games ahead of them....that's just not right.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Schofield's post match speech 4 months 4 weeks ago #135814

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5102
  • Thank you received: 511
So without the alignment Subiaco would have won the 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 WAGL GFs. Obvioulsy, the host club alignment is the only problem.

Well apart from the WAFC propensity to destroy the WAFL and OF COURSE Subiaco's dominance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Schofield's post match speech 4 months 4 weeks ago #135815

  • gtrxuone
  • gtrxuone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1343
  • Thank you received: 487

BC wrote: It's pretty clear in today's West what he said and I for one back him to the hilt. It's disappointing when you play Peel during the year and they're at a certain level than they drop in 6 full time pro's who've played the back half of the season in the AFL and knock off a team which finished 7 games ahead of them....that's just not right.

BC we all know the current Alignment setup is a joke. But back to yesterday's game.With Ryan and Cockie having such a shocker of a game.Subi should of won the match.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Schofield's post match speech 4 months 4 weeks ago #135818

  • BC
  • BC's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3837
  • Thank you received: 505
I agree gtr...we had a few who didn't perform to expectations and didn't take our chances when presented. Looking at the stats which I admit can be misleading, we had more possessions, more inside 50's, more scoring shots and time in forward half but didn't get the job done. That's something as a club we'll have to live with but in saying that, it should have been a Subi v Souths GF based on form over the entire season. If we had been beaten by Souths then fair enough...cop it and move on and well done to Souths...but to be beaten by the chunder because of rules put in place by the WAFC which clearly gives them an unfair advantage...then to me that's bullshit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Schofield's post match speech 4 months 4 weeks ago #135819

  • MarkOlsen
  • MarkOlsen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2203
  • Thank you received: 229
Lucky Subi doesn't have any advantages over the other true Wafl clubs to see them win 19 games in a year, wouldn't want an unfair comp would we.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, Peter North, Falcon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Schofield's post match speech 4 months 4 weeks ago #135823

  • BC
  • BC's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3837
  • Thank you received: 505
so tell me MO...or is it Larry or Curly? what is Subi's unfair advantage exactly and how does it impact on the competition? spell it out for us all....if it's a financial one due to the seats deal then we operate under the same salary cap as the other non-aligned teams. if you think Subi is paying outside the cap present some proof as I'm sure the WAFC and other clubs would be interested. from memory only SD and WP have been caught breaching the salary cap in recent times so I wouldn't think you'd be pointing the finger around that...so what is this huge advantage we have and how does it provide a pathway to sustained success?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Schofield's post match speech 4 months 4 weeks ago #135826

  • MarkOlsen
  • MarkOlsen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2203
  • Thank you received: 229
Even a former Subi player in Steve Rosich identified the biggest issue in the WAFL.
Go cry a bit more about the umpires, oh that was last years excuse wasn't it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by MarkOlsen.

Schofield's post match speech 4 months 4 weeks ago #135828

  • Senior Seagull
  • Senior Seagull's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2109
  • Thank you received: 284

BC wrote: so tell me MO...or is it Larry or Curly? what is Subi's unfair advantage exactly and how does it impact on the competition? spell it out for us all....if it's a financial one due to the seats deal then we operate under the same salary cap as the other non-aligned teams. if you think Subi is paying outside the cap present some proof as I'm sure the WAFC and other clubs would be interested. from memory only SD and WP have been caught breaching the salary cap in recent times so I wouldn't think you'd be pointing the finger around that...so what is this huge advantage we have and how does it provide a pathway to sustained success?


BC, WP twice, Swans, Perth and the biggest offender was Peel with hidden payments to ROB!! Lets stop winging about it, all clubs work the rules to their advantage some are better at it than others through smarter management and better quality boards, it's not up to any individual club to change the rules it's totally the responsibility of the WAFC to change the rules in consultation with the 7 WAFL clubs. As for Risich it was just a case of trying to deflect the mountain of angst against Fremantles 3rd level club (as he disparagingly refers to Peel FC)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DG
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags