Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 7 months ago #134936

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1547
We got there in the end and if you're in the GF then you're a chance. Last year I was quietly confident but cautious as we saw the chunder steam roll their way through the finals. This year we've experienced first hand just how good they can be with the inclusion of Dockers after the AFL season finished. I agree this year's FART isn't as strong as last year's but they have talent in the areas where we're a bit deficient including the rucks and tall defenders on our medium sized forwards. Key to this game is shutting down Taberner and Lockyer should go to him from the start....accepting we won't get first use with Griffin and Darcy dominating the ruck knocks so putting structures in place to shut down their mids and not getting caught out on the wings of Subi Oval where our fitness might not quite be up to the standard of a full time AFL team. We're a chance but we must start fast and hit them hard to see which of the Freo players have an appetite for a tough contest given there's quite a few young blokes on their list.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 7 months ago #134941

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
Another slow start against the bulldogs is a worrying sign. If we do that again we will be 10 goals behind at quarter time like we could have last year if peelmantle had kicked straight. Stevo had a great game and answered his critics. Barely noticed Creeper in the ressies - was he injured? No way Phez could get picked on the run against the tigers ressies. Just trotted around a bit on the wing then into the middle toward the end of the game. Cant see too many changes to be honest. Hoping Clanger has got his touch back after a couple of weeks (of clangers). Big worry for me is Horse. He definitely didnt look right. A couple of reports but didnt look much in them. Who knows though.

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 7 months ago #134943

• BC
I'm with you on Phez Singha...Schoey was interviewed on 720 after the game and it sounded like he will come in if he pulls up alright....a mistake for mine. Creeper copped one and finished up in hospital with a collapsed lung apparently...so he's out. I also agree with your comments on Horse...clearly struggling with that medial strain but he's the skipper and really important to have him out there.

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 7 months ago #134950

• BC
according to the WAFL site the charges against Jackson and Baker have been withdrawn. It appears they're still looking at Halligan's hit on Dragovich which was high and resulted in him taking no further part in the game. Hopefully if he gets anything it'll be a week reduced down to a reprimand with a guilty plea.

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 7 months ago #134952

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

BC wrote: according to the WAFL site the charges against Jackson and Baker have been withdrawn. It appears they're still looking at Halligan's hit on Dragovich which was high and resulted in him taking no further part in the game. Hopefully if he gets anything it'll be a week reduced down to a reprimand with a guilty plea.

The reports did not influence the outcome of the game, the WAFL Tribunal is an absolute joke, they may as well tell the umpires to save the ink in their pens and don't bother reporting anyone....

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 7 months ago #134953

• BC
Dwert...I thought the Jackson incident was reckless and late but given your boy to his credit bounced up and took his kick probably didn't warrant a suspension. I didn't see Baker's so can't comment but think Halligan might be in a bit of strife. High contact, forceful, deliberate and resulted in Dragovich being out for the rest of the game. I don't think Halligan has any carry over points and can't recall him being reported in recent times so if he has a case to answer, think he might get a reprimand with a guilty plea. But yes, I agree that the tribunal is a joke based on the Dawson decision if nothing else that he knocked a bloke out but had no case to answer....unbelievable.

Last edit: by BC.

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 7 months ago #134954

• Sneaky 101
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
Halligan offered 3 weeks - after what happened with Zac Dawson this is now a P&%s take by the WAFC

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 7 months ago #134955

• BC
that's bullshit if true...where did you hear that Sneaky as there's nothing on the WAFL site re Halligan yet?

Last edit: by BC.

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 7 months ago #134956

• Sneaky 101
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
Family Connection Mate

The big dance v Peelmantle 6 years 7 months ago #134957

• BC
thanks mate...Subi has no option but to appeal given the Dawson outcome....

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 332 guests and 2 members online

• Mcbob
  • alahoy

Newest Footy Recruits

• CarlosPhymn
  • Helenusaph
  • DJbem
  • kyliefrisp