Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Subi v SF in do or die. 6 years 7 months ago #134625

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
Kennedy has a history of shoulders so expect he will miss out, the obvious choice would be Chris Bryan. Geez Phez would be a big gamble after being out for so long. We saw how it took Clang and Horse a full half of footy to find their feet so Phez would be no different. Can we afford to have one of our mids down on form/out of touch for a half?

Guys to look at if Hoskins doesn't come up would be Simon Parry, big body and aggressive at the contest, quick across the ground and has a good defensive side to his game which is Hoskins strength. Could be a chance for young Ainsworth, the kid is all class, has now played a couple of very good ressies finals, was instrumental in getting us over the line against CL. Bailey Maatera has been in good form and would add some genuine pace to the mids which we will need bigtime against Souths. So I think they will be in the frame if Hoskins and Kennedy don't get up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Subi v SF in do or die. 6 years 7 months ago #134656

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
SS, other Subi lads and all: I have said it before, I know , but I really think we should make more out of Twomey. Lacking physical presence all over the ground last week, no more so then in the forward line, I would use him at chf and ff. I am certain he was a state ff in his SD days.

Stevenson can replace him up the back.

In regards South, we will need to play properly for the four quarters to finish in front; they, are the best free wheeling side in the WAFL, high scorring; in fact, they are the closest thing we have in 2017 to the high scorring sides of the late 1970s and 1980s -- and more power to them for that style of play.

Subi v SF in do or die. 6 years 7 months ago #134659

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
B A Litherland D Jackson W Twomey
HB G Clark J Lockyer A Heal
C K Horsley A Cockie C Adamson
HF J Joyce L Delahunty K Halligan
FF L Ryan C Wheeler B Sokol
F A Creeper M Walters L Kitchin
Int. S Parry, L Baker, R Powell, B Stevenson, S Hancock, J Garcia, B Ainsworth, C Bryan
In S Parry, C Bryan, J Garcia, R Powell, B Stevenson, B Ainsworth,
Out H Kennedy, C Hoskins,
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Subi v SF in do or die. 6 years 7 months ago #134660

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
Disappointing but expected for Kennedy and Hoskins, big losses, Kennedy was hitting some real form, pace to burn that boy. Powell and Stevo in for me, big bodied and versatile. Good to see Phez named in the magoos...
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Subi v SF in do or die. 6 years 7 months ago #134676

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

DG wrote: B A Litherland D Jackson W Twomey
Int. S Parry, L Baker, R Powell, B Stevenson, S Hancock, J Garcia, B Ainsworth, C Bryan

Pretty decent group on the bench, IMHO the certainties out of those 8 if fine weather will be Baker, Hancock, Bryan & Stevo. If it's a wet day it will be Baker, Parry, Bryan & Hancock. I would love to see Parry get a run, he's a solid body aggressive player who could do Hoskins run with role plus flexible enough to go down back or up forward. That being said, its hard to go past Stevo who is a proven finals performer.

Subi v SF in do or die. 6 years 7 months ago #134677

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Who goes with Kelly & Schoithe? Kelly can win the game off his own boot if left to run free, I'd have Gus on Kelly, Gus is prepared to sacrifice his game to shut out his opponent, very close checker and has the pace & strength, if not the class to run with him. Sloithe must be the medal favorite after a stellar season, Hoskins would have gone with him but probably Parry if he plays or Hancock.

Some ripper match-ups to look forward to. Dec usually does ok on Saunders, has the body strength and pace but will need to lift his game after last week, will depend if we can curtail the midfield supply to him.

Subi v SF in do or die. 6 years 7 months ago #134684

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1547

Senior Seagull wrote:

DG wrote: B A Litherland D Jackson W Twomey

Pretty decent group on the bench, IMHO the certainties out of those 8 if fine weather will be Baker, Hancock, Bryan & Stevo. If it's a wet day it will be Baker, Parry, Bryan & Hancock. I would love to see Parry get a run, he's a solid body aggressive player who could do Hoskins run with role plus flexible enough to go down back or up forward. That being said, its hard to go past Stevo who is a proven finals performer.

Souths don't have an over abundance of talls unlike Freo...so think Stevo will miss out this week but will be a shoe in if we make the GF....so reckon it will be Baker, Parry, Bryan and Hancock on the bench.

Subi v SF in do or die. 6 years 7 months ago #134694

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Agree re the talls, so maybe more mids and some pace is what we need, surprised Matera didn't come under consideration just for that reason.

Subi v SF in do or die. 6 years 7 months ago #134747

• Ocker 157
  • Thank you received: 23
Guys, I'm concerned about the loss of Hoskins and Kennedy, particularly because they are both close-checking run-with players, and coupled with the recent loss of Joel Latham, I fear we may not have enough stoppers to quell South's brigade of fleet footed runners in the midfield and up forward.
For that reason, I agree that Parry will probably get the nod to play that sort of role, rather than someone like Rowan Powell, who is not really that sort of player. I know we need to play our game and not get a defensive mind-set but we need to be able to reduce the effectiveness of South's talented smalls!
There is another possibility too regards changes. Perhaps Stevenson may come in at the expense of Creeper, even though he would be a bit stiff to miss out. Last time we played South, Delahunty dominated with 31 possessions playing on the ball and shared the hit outs with Higgins. Clancy will hopefully be better for last week's run and could provide support in the ruck whilst Stevo would be a better choice up forward than Creeper and will provide better forward defensive pressure as well which helps out the two Liams.
Like all preliminary finals..........I'm nervous!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Subi v SF in do or die. 6 years 7 months ago #134751

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
It is almost certain that Subi will be the one team the whole year that the big red v will have played 120 minutes of football against by Sunday evening. Oh well.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 431 guests and 2 members online

• Whitey
  • Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020