Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Our best 22 6 years 7 months ago #132504

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1543
With a break this week I thought I'd have a crack at selecting our best 22 who would be available for the 2nd semi. I'd appreciate anyone else's views. You'll notice I've left Clanger out as there has to be some serious doubts about his availability and even if he does get up, is he in our best 22 considering the amount of time he's been out? Also, will we get Justin Joyce back and if so, who goes out as he's in my best 22 if fit? buggered if I know.......probably Rowan Powell but he has been pretty good and gives us a bit of height....I'm glad I'm not a selector. B)

B H Kennedy D Jackson A Litherland
HB G Clark J Lockyer A Heal
C S Hancock C Adamson K Horsley
HF A Cockie L Delahunty K Halligan
FF B Sokol B Stevenson L Ryan
F A Creeper M Walters L Kitchin
Int. C Hoskins, W Twomey, C Bryan, R Powell

Emer: J Garcia, L Baker, M Bogensperger, C Wheeler
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by BC.

Our best 22 6 years 7 months ago #132509

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Bc: I can see what your saying in relation to Wheeler and would tend to agree with you. Actually, I am a little bit concerned about our prospects in terms of hardness, because in my view it can be a disadvantage winning the first final.

Our best 22 6 years 7 months ago #132515

• BC
yes AR...and to make matters worse if we are lucky enough to get up in the 2nd semi it'll mean we've played 2 games in 5 weeks on GF day and that's not ideal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Our best 22 6 years 7 months ago #132548

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
Hard to see any changes to that line-up BC. I spoke to Clanger after the West Perth game and he said he'll definitely be available for the 2nd semi, I said do you think they'll pick you to which he replied "try and keep me out". Great attitude but agree he's 50/50 at best. if I was selecting I'd have him in over Powell, Clangs experienced enough and hard enough to step straight up for finals, bit like Stevo & Wortho did in '15 after very limited prep. The backline is rock solid, clearly best in the comp no changes their, they are like a single organism the way they play and cover for each other, centre line are all in top form, Hancock played a blinder from all reports last Saturday, Adamson is a clearance beast and beautiful disposer of the pill and nothing else has to be said about Horse, he is an out and out champion. Of the 6 forwards, Stevo has the most to improve but apparently played a lot better v EP and Halligan is only fresh back but the other 4 are playing great footy at the moment. The on-ballers are also going well, Kitch was tagged out of the game v EP but cant see that happening too often, Maxy is having a great season and young Creeper is improving every game, the Cock has been in stellar form late in the year and will send chills up the backs of many an opposition player, Hoskins is ultra reliable, a good run with player who gets plenty of the pill and Twomey is just a Rolls Royce in any position he plays, but sweeping across halfback ala Dwayne lamb is his best go. Big fan of young Chris Bryan, I see him as a future club leader and a natural to play in the mids in the next couple of years, silky skills and a great football brain plus he has the size and pace to go with it.

When you line up our list and Souths list side by side I don't see much difference in the skill level or body size, it's only been Subi cast iron consistency that has been the difference so lets pray for a Souths win on the weekend so the 2nd semi will be an absolute snorter between 2 wonderfully skilled teams, who will meet again 2 weeks later in the GF. That would be a fitting close to hostilities at Subiaco oval.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BC, ArkRoyal

Our best 22 6 years 7 months ago #132550

• BC
nice summary SS. I guess the question will be who drops out to make way for Clanger and Justin Joyce? You've mentioned Powell but gee he'd be stiff as he played pretty well on Saturday....and Joyce comes in then Bryan or Hoskins goes out and they would be really stiff.

Our best 22 6 years 7 months ago #132551

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
It will all come down to match ups and the weather, if it's wet we will bring in the extra small, if we have to play Freo we will need an extra Tall, If we play Souths, Hoskins will play and tag a Kelly or Sloithe. It's all up in the air but I'm sure Schoey has every scenario covered.

Our best 22 6 years 7 months ago #132553

• BC
yep agreed...although it would have to be really wet to influence selections. I think it'll be more the case of match ups that will direct who's in and who's out. I think they'll play an extra tall if Peelmantle make the 2nd semi to combat Darcy, Griffin, Taberner and co and a small if the dogs do the business this weekend.

Our best 22 6 years 7 months ago #132606

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
There is no way Liam Baker will miss out, far too valuable. The only way Clancy and Horse will miss out is if they are not 100%. It's tough but Powell, Sokol and Clark are under the pump for mine. I would even add Stevo to that list if he wasn't so versatile and experienced...
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Our best 22 6 years 6 months ago #132615

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115

DG wrote: There is no way Liam Baker will miss out, far too valuable. The only way Clancy and Horse will miss out is if they are not 100%. It's tough but Powell, Sokol and Clark are under the pump for mine. I would even add Stevo to that list if he wasn't so versatile and experienced...

I would hesitate with Baker if it's wet. I saw him play a shocker on a waterlogged day.

Our best 22 6 years 6 months ago #132624

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Guys, how did Halligan play against EP, he didn't hit the scoreboard too hard. Tempting to keep him in the squad due to his size and aggression and he can play tall or small. Baker is a class small forward especially in good conditions and can do some on ball work. Tough decisions to be made but they have 2 weeks on the track to make their cases.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 433 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL