Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Subi v Munchers 6 years 7 months ago #131443

• Senior Seagull
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
Well a pretty underwhelming performance for 3 qtrs. Very low standard game, lots of fumbling and slipping given the ground was very wet, but no actual rain during the league game. WP played well in patches and brought the ball well out of their backline but they fell in a heap when it got to half forward. A bit the same way for us but we did take our opportunities better as the score to 3/4 time shows. The last quarter opened with what could well be Liam Ryans best mark of the season and for those who watch him each week, that's saying something. That seemed to spark the boys into action and an 8.5 to 2.1 last qtr. Great to see Halligan return to league ranks, struggled a bit early but finished off well with 4 goals, Sokol was terrific with 6, Dela kicked 3 but must have missed 4 or 5 shots, could have had a real day out if he had his kicking boots on. Ryan did some good things bagged a couple but flashed in and out a bit, some of his chase and tackle/intercept stuff was very good.

Parry had his best game for us, quite an imposing bloke who takes the game on, Powell could be anything as a footballer, had a good game with 25 disposals but can be inconsistent and gave up a number of clangers, if he can reduce that aspect he will be a real asset. Dela was BOG for mine 27 disposals has a massive tank that allowed him to compete hard all day, Kitch took a while to get going but finished with 29, the Cock was less influential but still good with 23 and 6 crunching tackles, Adamsom played a bit in the mids which is where I see in the future and Twomey was classy off halfback, reads the game like a book and his disposal is always good. Stevo looks badly out of form at the moment and could struggle to hold his spot unless he pulls a big effort out next week. but in saying that he's a proven finals performer. Spoke to Clang after the game and he said the medico's say he'll be available to play in the 2nd semi, same for Horse. Interesting to see Schoey's tactic of starting the small forward off the back of the centre square, Ryan and Halligan alternated in that role in the last qtr, very attacking move with these boys charging forward at the bounce to give an extra option if we won the clearance, 5 man forward line with either Halligan or Ryan in the goal square and all other forwards bunched up across half forward.

So now it's the Ferals next week, no certainty given they will absolutely be busting a gut to win and secure 5th spot, if we show up and play like we did in the first 3 qtrs. then we could be in trouble, but given the intense competition for spots in the finals team you would expect the boys will be switched on. I just hope we can do our part to keep the East eagles out of the finals and allow either the Tiges or munchers to sneak in ..... did I just say I hope the munchers can make the finals??
How the alignment has changed our thinking!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Subi v Munchers 6 years 7 months ago #131447

• Senior Seagull
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Shame for the Colts to miss the finals after a promising start to the season and being in the finals mix for the majority of the season. Vast improvement on the last decade or so, shows that the new development structure put in place this year is paying dividends. 3 boys in the national draft camp and likely draft picks is again a big improvement in that area, if that level of improvement continues next season they should be well in the frame for finals.

Ressies had a day out with a 15 goal win which gives them a strong chance of securing 3rd spot if they win next week, Perth have the bye and we have a massive % advantage over them so a win gets us the double chance. Vermeesch bagged 6 which will keep the league forwards honest, Perkins with 23 and 3 goals, Ainsworth with 27 Baker with 15 and 2 goals and Matera 22 and 1 all pushing the league boys hard for spots in the finals campaign.

Subi v Munchers 6 years 7 months ago #131449

• BC
  • Thank you received: 1543
nice summation SS. yes, agree with your comment on Stevo...he must be in the firing line after that performance but we need him or someone similar as the extra tall in the front half and not sure anyone is standing up in the ressies. Liam Ryan needs to work a bit harder on his defensive aspect for mine...he lets his opponent run off him far too easily. was very impressed with Creeper's game...he gets better every week.

Subi v Munchers 6 years 7 months ago #131459

• Senior Seagull
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
BC, agree re Creeper, I think he will be a bewdy, has a good leap and also a nice bit of aggression without going over the top, attacks the contest really hard and has improved his kicking significantly, his good form allows Dela to play more of the ruck rover midfield role which he is doing so well at the moment.

Liam can look almost disinterested at times but maybe that's just his natural laconicness (is that a word?) because in an instant he can explode with a massive hang or take off on a 100m run to make a lead, something he did twice yesterday. For a player who attracts the best defender each week he manages to find so much space, his reading of the ball is elite.

Subi v Munchers 6 years 7 months ago #131464

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
Ryan's grab woke the crowd up too Senior! Cant wait to see it again. Our skills haven't been that poor for a while, apart from the last qtr when we finally snapped out of it. I think it had a lot to do with Halligan when he kicked his first towards the end of the 3rd. All the boys mobbed him! He and we were on fire after that, he will be very handy in the finals, best kick in the league by a mile and a ferocious tackle. Joyce did a hammy at training a week and a half ago, he recons he will be back for the 2nd semi, we need his clean skills
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Subi v Munchers 6 years 7 months ago #131470

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
A great day at the footy, spoiled only by my frustration at the umpiring and the five 50 metre penalties to the garlic munchers. I should be used to it by now. I went half expecting a loss to a fired up West Perth but I was impressed with the intent by Subi. Not everything came off but they had a real red hot crack and no signs of taking the foot off the pedal. Playing like a team focused on revenge in my mind and I hope it flows on to next week and we bump the eagles reserves out. Some of the plays were stunning, that last quarter was icing on the cake. I noticed the tactic of the forward starting at CHB, but attacking hard. Liam Ryan's work was pretty impressive. He ran bloody hard to present time and time again. Kitchin's game was sensational, how he managed to find space from some of those kick ins and drive us forward was brilliant to watch. I'm certainly pretty confident now that we can match up with the AFL teams and we have plenty of players pushing hard for selection. Who misses out when Clanger, Horse and Joyce come back. Agree on Creeper - great aggressive but at the ball footy. Seems he is another that can fill different positions.

Subi v Munchers 6 years 7 months ago #131472

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
I would have liked to see Ainsworth get a try before the finals, I imagine Schoey knows what he is doing though so I won't question it. Just would have been interesting.

Subi v Munchers 6 years 7 months ago #131495

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148
Engrave the cup 12 weeks ago people, we flirted the idea of a comeback a few times but shocking turn overs opened us up. I am sort of hoping we get docked next week coz I don't think I could handle another hiding by a genuine Finals side.

• Page:
Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 305 guests and 3 members online

• Southerner
  • DD
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma