Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Subi v D's 6 years 9 months ago #127622

• Senior Seagull
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
First chance to see the new lathlain, only partly finished I know. Forecast is for a fine cloudy day and by all reports the surface has coped with the wet weather very well which is nice to hear after last years swim through when the D's proved the better swimmers.

Clang went off early last week with what the commentators said was an ankle, anyone have any updates, I'm sure they wont take any chances with him, he's had a stellar season so far and we have the Eagles next then a bye. Heard that G Clark did a great job on Nelson last week, or was it Black, anyway neither had much of an impact so expect he will get a run with role on Tropiano or Jones.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Subi v D's 6 years 9 months ago #127623

• oobisoobi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 39
Thought this one is at Leederville?

Subi v D's 6 years 9 months ago #127628

• BC
  • Thank you received: 1547
yes it is oobi...expect to see Declan Jackson back after a run in the magoos last week. slight chance of rain but should be ok for the majority of the game. and Bogey must surely be due for a recall...the guy's a footy magnet.

Last edit: by BC.

Subi v D's 6 years 9 months ago #127646

• Senior Seagull
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Bugger, my fixtures are all over the place, have us named second and Lathlain as the venue but Leederville it is!!
Anyone with info on Clangers injury. Given Creeper had a good game last week we could give Clang a rest before the Esperence game which he'll be busting a gut to play in being from that area.

Subi v D's 6 years 9 months ago #127658

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
You can turn up to Lathlain if you want Seagull haha.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

Subi v D's 6 years 9 months ago #127676

• Senior Seagull
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Just another Seniors moment Mr A :S

Subi v D's 6 years 9 months ago #127740

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
I really used to hate Subi cos of their practices etc but nowadays I like that they are the traditional team most likely to take it up to the two AFL ressies sides, especially in September. Drop us a crumb on the way thought could you?

Subi v D's 6 years 9 months ago #127741

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357

Stand the Test wrote: I really used to hate Subi cos of their practices etc but nowadays I like that they are the traditional team most likely to take it up to the two AFL ressies sides, especially in September. Drop us a crumb on the way thought could you?

Hahahaha that's Gold STT. :lol: :lol:
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Subi v D's 6 years 9 months ago #127767

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
What's the go with Matthew Bogensperger. What's holding him back from getting a league game?

Subi v D's 6 years 9 months ago #127782

• Senior Seagull
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Boges is a ball magnet no two ways about that but he doesn't always hit up his targets, he got 40+ today but his efficiency is not what it should be. We saw young Vermeesch come in for his 1st game today, also done a long apprenticeship in the 2's, he looked comfortable in the league team, looks like a natural forward,knows how to position himself and when to lead, could have finished better with 2.3 but a very good debut. I think he's from down Esperence way.

Sorrento/Duncraig boy Creeper in his 4th game also looks like an excellent long term prospect, 194cm so similar size to Clang and Dela, his tapwork was very good and he finished with a couple of goals, speaking of Clang, I had a quick word with him after the game, he was on crutches and said he'll be out for 6-8 weeks with damaged ankle ligaments so very important that Creeper steps up into his role. Powell & Nelson both kicked 5 in the 2's so must be pushing hard for selection especially when we need an extra tall against the AFL teams. First time I've seen all Australian 18's Ainsworth who played in the 2's, good sized lad with excellent skills, had 17 touches and 3 goals, I heard Schoey is looking to get him up in to the league for a couple before the end of the season, that will be the only time we see him in Subi league colours as he will go in the draft, hopefully to a good eastern states club.

As for todays game, hard to gauge given we didn't let Perth into the game at any stage apart from the first 10 mins. I thought the backs were almost impassable today as a unit but the midfield pressure was helping the backs bigtime. Cockie was clearly BOG and at his brutal best today, his physical work in getting clearances was awesome to watch, made life easy for the outside mids and all the Perth boys were aware of where he was. Ryan was his usual wil'o'the wisp with 4 2nd half goals but needs to do more imho, he did get a couple of big hits which would have slowed him down, if he wants to play at the next level he'll need another 10k's on his frame. Dela, Horse, Hancock, Kitch & Joyce all dominated the mids and special mention to Maxy Walters who showed another side to his bustling midfield work with some really deft touches today, he has some real class about him.

I thought the umpiring was pretty average today very inconsistent and tending to pick the 2nd or 3rd free in a passage of play. 2 rediculously soft reports, Dela where he must have said a rude word to the officious little green maggot and Creeper for what was at worst a solid spoil, Dela may get a fine but if Creeper gets time then we may as well set up netball hoops instead of goal posts.

Couple of big games coming up, Claremont down at Esperence then Freo down at Centrelink stadium. Claremont will be playing for their season and Freo will be desperate to hold onto 3rd spot and the double chance.

• Page:
Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 974 guests and 2 members online

• Success Hill
  • Ti Em

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL