Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Subi v the feral WARTS 6 years 10 months ago #126438

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839

BC wrote: yes mate...a game of two halves again. when I saw the likes of Masten, Wellingham, Lycett, Hill and co run out I thought we were in for a long day. We kicked the first then they banged on the next 4 from memory and at one stage in the first half trailed by 4 goals. Bad kicking for goals didn't help but we getting plenty of it so I held some hope we would get back into it and eventually we did, The maggots were a disgrace especially a tall skinny piece of work. Liam Ryan took a clear mark directly in front only to have his arms chopped and the ball spilled out...play on. Horse was incensed and so were the Subi faithful. After half time Schowey made a few minor structural changes and we over took them to lead by 3 at 3/4 qtr time. Last qtr was a bit of a non-event as you could see WART had lost interest. Better players for mine were Horse, Kitch, Cockie was really important to us with his toughness at the contest, Ryan came into in the second half, Litherland was very good as was Lockyer, Hoskins, Dela and Clanger. Twomey had his worst game for a long time with a couple of bad turnovers and skill errors and could be looking at a stint in the magoos if he's not careful. No injuries to report and hopefully get Declan Jackson back after the bye although thought Braut was very serviceable as well.

Thanks BC, Outer called me and said Butler had the job on Ryan, Butler is a very experienced and quality player so a big result for Ryan, must be clearly on the Eagles radar now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Subi v the feral WARTS 6 years 10 months ago #126489

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1547

Dirty Weekender wrote:

BC wrote: yes mate...a game of two halves again. when I saw the likes of Masten, Wellingham, Lycett, Hill and co run out I thought we were in for a long day. We kicked the first then they banged on the next 4 from memory and at one stage in the first half trailed by 4 goals. Bad kicking for goals didn't help but we getting plenty of it so I held some hope we would get back into it and eventually we did, The maggots were a disgrace especially a tall skinny piece of work. Liam Ryan took a clear mark directly in front only to have his arms chopped and the ball spilled out...play on. Horse was incensed and so were the Subi faithful. After half time Schowey made a few minor structural changes and we over took them to lead by 3 at 3/4 qtr time. Last qtr was a bit of a non-event as you could see WART had lost interest. Better players for mine were Horse, Kitch, Cockie was really important to us with his toughness at the contest, Ryan came into in the second half, Litherland was very good as was Lockyer, Hoskins, Dela and Clanger. Twomey had his worst game for a long time with a couple of bad turnovers and skill errors and could be looking at a stint in the magoos if he's not careful. No injuries to report and hopefully get Declan Jackson back after the bye although thought Braut was very serviceable as well.

Hey BC, question for ya...do you honestly believe EP turned it up in the last qtr or did you guys beat them in to submission? v SD earlier in the year I was sure I witnessed EP stop trying with 15mins to go.
Do not want to derail this thread so if the usual suspects could avoid another attack on the alignment etc. My question is more slanted towards if your mob has grinded pretty much an AFL opposition in to submission. If so this is a bloody big advert for the quality of football being played at WAFL level...something we WAFL faithful can be proud of and use to combat any arguments from outside influences who want to destabilise our competition for their own benefits. If they can't compete at the level then maybe they can try elsewhere:whistle:

To be honest DW I think it was a combination of both. EP had some AFL players in the team who should be world beaters at WAFL level like Butler, Wellingham, Masten Giles, Bennell, Lycett and so on...but they also have some young blokes who are still finding their feet....so I think Subi ran them into the ground but also some of the senior guys put their cues back in the rack once Subi kicked away late in the third and early in the last.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Subi v the feral WARTS 6 years 9 months ago #126494

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Fair points BC, I think if Lycett received a better bounce on the intercept in the last quarter the game may have been on. Ryan was unlucky not to receive a couple of kicks. Equally some blatant holding the ball decisions went your way. From an outsiders view which senior players do you believe put the cue back in the rack?

Subi v the feral WARTS 6 years 9 months ago #126495

• BC
LB...I thought the likes of Wellingham, McInnes, Giles, Bennell and maybe Lamb didn't wield a great deal of influence throughout the game but more so towards the end when you were only 3 goals down at 3/4 time and certainly not out of it. I thought those guys in particular could've stepped up and made it a very close run thing....could be wrong but just my opinion.

Subi v the feral WARTS 6 years 9 months ago #126497

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
No Bennell anymore you might mean Hill BC. From my point of view the effort level was fine. Maybe tired a little if anything. We still won the ball but couldn't score after quarter time. I thought we went in with too many talls and they all tired. Snadden, Mutimer and Partington in our engine room is a problem. All young and have no impact on games generally. Best team won no question.

Subi v the feral WARTS 6 years 9 months ago #126504

• BC
yep...my mistake...Hill. I thought Karpaney showed a bit and Masten was very good throughout despite a hard tag from Adamson after 1/4 time. Maginnity was a bit quiet but could have got a knock in the second I think it was...and yes, we came through in the end but was worried during the first quarter that's for sure.

• Page:
Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 416 guests and 2 members online

• westaussieguy
  • Demons Forever

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes