Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Subi v the feral WARTS 6 years 9 months ago #126141

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1543
I'm not sure I believe the "ins" listed on the team sheet here....I though Gus and Powell were a few weeks away at least. This is a real danger game and reckon we'll struggle to get up given our injuries and the players dropped back from WCE. For mine it's WART by 15 points.

B G Clark A Creeper B Fimmano
HB W Twomey J Lockyer J Latham
C S Hancock L Kitchin K Horsley
HF B Sokol B Stevenson L Baker
FF L Ryan C Wheeler D Nelson
F L Delahunty J Joyce C Hoskins
Int. D Perkins, A Cockie, A Litherland, C Adamson, M Walters, R Powell, M Braut,
In A Litherland, C Adamson, R Powell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Subi v the feral WARTS 6 years 9 months ago #126255

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Well done, Subi.

Subi v the feral WARTS 6 years 9 months ago #126326

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
Was on a plane for most of the game so missed the broadcast. Sounds like a very slow start but Schoey swung some changes and the boys ground out a solid win after 1/4 time against a team with 15 Eagles. Anyone able to provide a game review?

Last edit: by Senior Seagull.

Subi v the feral WARTS 6 years 9 months ago #126327

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1543
yes mate...a game of two halves again. when I saw the likes of Masten, Wellingham, Lycett, Hill and co run out I thought we were in for a long day. We kicked the first then they banged on the next 4 from memory and at one stage in the first half trailed by 4 goals. Bad kicking for goals didn't help but we getting plenty of it so I held some hope we would get back into it and eventually we did, The maggots were a disgrace especially a tall skinny piece of work. Liam Ryan took a clear mark directly in front only to have his arms chopped and the ball spilled out...play on. Horse was incensed and so were the Subi faithful. After half time Schowey made a few minor structural changes and we over took them to lead by 3 at 3/4 qtr time. Last qtr was a bit of a non-event as you could see WART had lost interest. Better players for mine were Horse, Kitch, Cockie was really important to us with his toughness at the contest, Ryan came into in the second half, Litherland was very good as was Lockyer, Hoskins, Dela and Clanger. Twomey had his worst game for a long time with a couple of bad turnovers and skill errors and could be looking at a stint in the magoos if he's not careful. No injuries to report and hopefully get Declan Jackson back after the bye although thought Braut was very serviceable as well.

Subi v the feral WARTS 6 years 9 months ago #126375

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Senior Seagull wrote: Was on a plane for most of the game so missed the broadcast. Sounds like a very slow start but Schoey swung some changes and the boys ground out a solid win after 1/4 time against a team with 15 Eagles. Anyone able to provide a game review?

the better team one, out muscled the other team!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Subi v the feral WARTS 6 years 9 months ago #126382

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

Grump wrote:

Senior Seagull wrote: Was on a plane for most of the game so missed the broadcast. Sounds like a very slow start but Schoey swung some changes and the boys ground out a solid win after 1/4 time against a team with 15 Eagles. Anyone able to provide a game review?

the better team one, out muscled the other team!

Spot on Grump
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Subi v the feral WARTS 6 years 9 months ago #126415

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373

BC wrote: yes mate...a game of two halves again. when I saw the likes of Masten, Wellingham, Lycett, Hill and co run out I thought we were in for a long day. We kicked the first then they banged on the next 4 from memory and at one stage in the first half trailed by 4 goals. Bad kicking for goals didn't help but we getting plenty of it so I held some hope we would get back into it and eventually we did, The maggots were a disgrace especially a tall skinny piece of work. Liam Ryan took a clear mark directly in front only to have his arms chopped and the ball spilled out...play on. Horse was incensed and so were the Subi faithful. After half time Schowey made a few minor structural changes and we over took them to lead by 3 at 3/4 qtr time. Last qtr was a bit of a non-event as you could see WART had lost interest. Better players for mine were Horse, Kitch, Cockie was really important to us with his toughness at the contest, Ryan came into in the second half, Litherland was very good as was Lockyer, Hoskins, Dela and Clanger. Twomey had his worst game for a long time with a couple of bad turnovers and skill errors and could be looking at a stint in the magoos if he's not careful. No injuries to report and hopefully get Declan Jackson back after the bye although thought Braut was very serviceable as well.

Hey BC, question for ya...do you honestly believe EP turned it up in the last qtr or did you guys beat them in to submission? v SD earlier in the year I was sure I witnessed EP stop trying with 15mins to go.
Do not want to derail this thread so if the usual suspects could avoid another attack on the alignment etc. My question is more slanted towards if your mob has grinded pretty much an AFL opposition in to submission. If so this is a bloody big advert for the quality of football being played at WAFL level...something we WAFL faithful can be proud of and use to combat any arguments from outside influences who want to destabilise our competition for their own benefits. If they can't compete at the level then maybe they can try elsewhere:whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Subi v the feral WARTS 6 years 9 months ago #126429

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
DW: good post, one that will create a lot of debate on here, hopefully.

My view on the alignment is that it has a mixed influence on the competition. Some of the AFL players can play and would be better skill wise and in conditionning than most WAFL sides; others among, the AFL players -- I agree with the EP supporters -- have poor skills and would only have conditionning on the WAFL sides. Horsely and the rest of the Subi midfield would start to shine in a game against EP, because they have good conditionning and better skills than a lot of the EP and Peel players.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Subi v the feral WARTS 6 years 9 months ago #126430

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
I think we beat them into submission long before the last qtr, it was only our poor kicking for goal and the maggots that kept them in it...
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Subi v the feral WARTS 6 years 9 months ago #126437

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
I've seen it a couple of times, the worst case was in the '14 GF after Subi worked their arses off in the 3rd qtr to get what ended up as a match winning lead. The Listed blokes threw the towel in in the last while the real EP boys like Wolff & co continued to throw everything at us and they actually outscored us by a couple of goals. If the Listed boys had put in like the EP boys did, it could have gone down to the wire but it all seemed too hard and they looked like they didn't want to risk injury.

• Page:
Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 235 guests and 2 members online

• Royals78
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr