Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Subi v FART 6 years 10 months ago #124880

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

Senior Seagull wrote: Didn't make it down to centrelink paddock due to work commitments but listened on 107.3, great broadcast. Would have loved to watch that last 5 or 6 mins, then to see the ultimate skippers goal to seal the deal with seconds left. Poor old Peelmantle, maybe they need more than the 12 AFL players along with last years GF umpires if they want to win. Actually the umps must have done a fantastic job only giving Freo 21 frees to our 16, so much better than the 6 we got in the GF, none of those after 1/4 time. Well done to the boys on a day when they obviously didn't play well after halftime, commentators said they looked tired and that Ryan didn't look fit, sounded like it was Horse, Cockie and Kitch that stepped up when the game was on the line.

Singa, look forward to a detailed match report.

They tried their best again Senior, make no mistake about that! What a final qtr, reminded me of the freo game the other week with mundy, except Horse was the hero this time. Glad that I made the trek down, near the end there I thought it was gonna be a long drive home...
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Subi v FART 6 years 10 months ago #124883

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
...on another note, do peel actually have any supporters?? I moved spots over to the peel side of the stand after half time to get a more central view and apart from one woman with a annoying wailing noise everytime she thought there was going to be a scoring opportunity, the rest of them were actually freo supporters, some even taking notes on their future "stars"! I'm guessing that annoying woman is actually Rookie Draft...

Last edit: by DG.

Subi v FART 6 years 10 months ago #124884

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

DG wrote: ...on another note, do peel actually have any supporters?? I moved spots over to the peel side of the stand after half time to get a more central view and apart from one woman with a annoying wailing noise everytime she thought there was going to be a scoring opportunity, the rest of them were actually freo supporters, some even taking notes on their future "stars"! I'm guessing that annoying woman is actually Rookie Draft...

We played them at Royalties For Regions Park a few weeks ago DG and of the crowd of 1200-1300, 1100 were travelling Swans supporters...the only Peel fan i saw bar there board members was that Bennell fella who's behaviour that day was "interesting' to say the least!

Subi v FART 6 years 10 months ago #124886

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
No doubt about it Beas. Car Grassy, yes probably will be for you and also others, unfortunately they are a very dangerous side that have the ability to produce a fast scoring running game and thus are never out of it. I'll stand by my earlier season view that they are a really good chance to go back to back

Subi v FART 6 years 10 months ago #124891

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839

DG wrote: ...on another note, do peel actually have any supporters?? I moved spots over to the peel side of the stand after half time to get a more central view and apart from one woman with a annoying wailing noise everytime she thought there was going to be a scoring opportunity, the rest of them were actually freo supporters, some even taking notes on their future "stars"! I'm guessing that annoying woman is actually Rookie Draft...

DG, good write up in the West online report but they had the crowd estimate at 1500 !! that would be hard to believe although there was plenty of crowd noise during the last qtr broadcast. Outer just rang me to say that the club has posted video of Horses goal on the club FB page, must have a look.

Last edit: by Senior Seagull.

Subi v FART 6 years 10 months ago #124894

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1547
essentially a game of two halves...we were good in the first and fell asleep I the second. the usual suspects got us over the line but also impressed with the young blokes. young Braut showed a bit in the absence of Declan Jackson and Litherland and Maxy Waters continues to grow into a quality WAFL mid. Corey Adamson was also very hard at it and will be a terrific player going forward. Clanger was great as was Dela, Kitch, Horse, Jordy Lockyer, Twomey and Sokol.

Last edit: by BC.

Subi v FART 6 years 10 months ago #124897

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Senior Seagull wrote:

DG, good write up in the West online report but they had the crowd estimate at 1500 !! that would be hard to believe although there was plenty of crowd noise during the last qtr broadcast. Outer just rang me to say that the club has posted video of Horses goal on the club FB page, must have a look.

I would say the estimate was pretty close Senior, more there than I expected. Yes cracking goal that. Was good to see Kennedy running for the seniors hopefully he's not too far away

Subi v FART 6 years 10 months ago #124902

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115

DG wrote:

Senior Seagull wrote:

I would say the estimate was pretty close Senior, more there than I expected. Yes cracking goal that. Was good to see Kennedy running for the seniors hopefully he's not too far away

Before the kids swarmed in I did a rough headcount and got about 800. Obviously more somwhere in the facility. Anyway, the chunder looked bloody unbeatable at one stage when they were up and going and we hadnt scored a goal for 40 minutes. Really seemed an uneven playing field. Chunder with 3 players over 201cm and our tallest at 194! Proud as hell of the boys for digging deep and clawing that one back. Frustrating similarities to the GF in that the dockers guys seem to be umpired under a different set of rules in that they can scrag and hold and jump on the backs of our guys without giving up frees...
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Subi v FART 6 years 10 months ago #124907

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
Hope this link works, it's the SFC FB post of Horses goal complete with Titanic music. Horse in all or nothing attack mode roves superbly off the Freo monster ruckman and snaps truly, the ultimate captains goal.
www.facebook.com/SubiLions/videos/10155319019136996/

Subi v FART 6 years 10 months ago #125164

• Rookie draft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29

swan42 wrote:

Rookie draft wrote:

Senior Seagull wrote: BC both the fake clubs are travelling pretty well so we will need to be switched on from the opening bounce down on Subsidy stadium. I think the massive win will be a huge positive for the state team boys, they will be up and super confident after the historic win, plus any chance to get another one back over the GF cheats will be incentive enough. Important to beat both the fake teams to try and keep them out of the finals.

Lol GF cheats - turn it up. You were beaten by a better side on the day. How did we cheat?

I can state categorically that Peel didn't cheat during the GF as they weren't playing in the match;the two teams playing were Subiacoe and the Fremantle reserves' team.

Sounds like the lunatics are out of the asylum.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 344 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977