Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Round 3: Good Friday Football v East Perth 11 years 3 weeks ago #10166

• Chopper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0

La Hincha wrote:

B	B Mcdonald	D Rumble	D Leishman
HB	J Daye	        A Parker	A Davey
C	R Kerr	        J Bristow	B Mahoney
HF	C Deluca	R Herring	M Smythe
FF	N Phillips	C Wheeler	R Daniels

F	C Sinclair	C Phelan	J Kayler-Thomson

Int.	 R Forrest,	 G Hampson,	 B Randall,	 
B Stevenson

RESERVES
J Ashman, M Bogensperger, D Clarke, M Cullen, D Elliot, W Fetherstonhaugh, M Genovese, K Halligan, N Hay, D Madut, S Martin, R McDonnell, S Moore, L Norriss, A Pickett, C Pocklington, J Sells, A Sheed, K Somers, N Stewart, B Thompson, S Ward, R Waters, T Whyte, S Worthington, R Young

COLTS
J Bestry, C Bryan, C Buscall, G Clark, A Coe, A Creeper, J DeLuca, B Denysiuk, T Edwards, L Ellis, T Flematti, A Garlett, C Grace, D Jackson, T Jackson, H Kennedy, R McAlister, S Rolley, A Swain, A Vawser, R Vermeersch, M Walters, J Webster, D White, C Wilkinson, M Wood

Would rather have seen Herring in the 2's and Madut in to help in the ruck and keep Wheeler up forward. Daniels should have been dropped and I would like to see Bogensperger given a crack - he was very consistant last year and deserves a go.

Need more from Leishman and Smythe has to be more effective with his disposal this week.

Subi by 3 goals

A Tough Game - Catch ya there !!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Round 3: Good Friday Football v East Perth 11 years 3 weeks ago #10229

• SFFC4ever
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
good win today Subi

Round 3: Good Friday Football v East Perth 11 years 3 weeks ago #10236

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Good win today Subi, great to see the ferals off to a good start for the year.

I hope they and Peel get their just deserts.

Noticed JKT racked up a lazy 29 possessions, must have had a good day.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Round 3: Good Friday Football v East Perth 11 years 3 weeks ago #10239

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
Good win by Subi tonite, East Perth seemed in disarray at times in the second half and didn't have much pace and run, Sinclair is a massive key so losing him to the Weagles at some point will hurt
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Round 3: Good Friday Football v East Perth 11 years 3 weeks ago #10240

• Chopper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Not a bad win tonight by Subi - They looked a lot better after the run last week and they had more options through the mids which helped.

1st Subi with the breeze but EP against it looked good - EP took the quarter and played better footy - Their mids better than ours and more direct footy.

2nd - Subi worked harder into the breeze and less turnovers than EP to look the better of the teams - A good tight contest. A tough one out there as the ball was floating around in a tricky breeze. EP getting a good run with the umps - one shocker in front of the goals - had to say my piece !!!

3rd - Subi blew the game out of EP's reach with better run and team-work 5 goals to 2 would make it hard for the Royals in the last but EP kicking with the breeze so not with-out a chance ??? Many guy's from both teams kicked it out on the full.

4th Subi steady early before EP coming back and making it interesting in junk time, making the scoreboard look very respectable. Full credit to the Royals for having a crack when they could have just called it a night. Poor kicking and a few forced behinds means it could have been interesting but Subi were the better team on the day/night and deserved the win. East Perth ran and played better as a team in the last but they didn't have the even spread of players Subi had over 4 quarters.

East Perth had a few realy good players but needed more from their bottom 6 - Guy's went missing in the 3rd when the game was up for grabs.
Both the rucks were good but for me Sweet and Lee were the best along with Wilson who did a good job down back and Smith with 5 goals straight played very well given Rumble was on his case all day (and night) Moss was good and Morton was getting a bit of it and should be better for the run. I also liked the look of number 11 Maldenis who did a few good things.

Subi had a far more even spread of better players for me - Mahoney played well throughout in the best game I've seen him play for the club along with K-T who was more influentual than last week although he probably got the same number of touches ? Bristow chased and tackled hard but still needs to work on his disposal while Kerr and Phelan were better this week and Hampson and Philips coming in got the ball and give Subi more options through the middle and up forward. Sinclair battled hard against a top WAFL ruck combo and held his own but lost out through weight of numbers. Subi's backline played well as a team within a team
and worked it out of the danger zone but for me the big difference this week was a fully functional forward line. Stevenson offering a target along with Wheeler and Herring playing better - not looking like a fish out of water.
With 13 different goal scorers options a plenty compared to last week.

A good win without getting excited but onto next week - Can we keep the run alive?
EF at Shark Park ??? The Sharks are due but have they still got the Subi Blues ??? The Sharks look far better than Subi on paper but you could say that has been the case over the last few years and we've taken the chocolates.

Looking forward to the challenge - See you in the Shark Pit !!!

Round 3: Good Friday Football v East Perth 11 years 3 weeks ago #10243

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
I thought Sinclair shaded Johnson to be honest, even though he had 10 hitouts less, but I thought around the ground was marginally better and kicked a goal
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Round 3: Good Friday Football v East Perth 11 years 3 weeks ago #10245

• Chopper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Swandog wrote: I thought Sinclair shaded Johnson to be honest, even though he had 10 hitouts less, but I thought around the ground was marginally better and kicked a goal

Yep very even between the two but Sinclair was always going to be pushing it uphill against the two man mountains. Sinclair played well as I said but he was on the ball virtually all day so Johnson had more of a rest and probably edged him in the ruck. A good effort by Sinclair to hold his own I thought.

One thing for sure is Ep while they have those 2 in and Sinclair next year won't be able to develop them as rucks as well as Subi when Sinclair now has to play against them ???

Round 3: Good Friday Football v East Perth 11 years 3 weeks ago #10247

• Chopper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Just looked at the stats and Sinclair did well with 13k 3H/B 6M 4I-50 55H/O and 1.1

against the 2 Man - Mountains combined stats of 22k 10H/B 10M 8I-50 27H/Oand 1.1

So yep he did well considering - If he had a twin brother we would have taken the honours. I'd hate not to have had him out there !!!

Subi need a ruckman badly next season.

Round 3: Good Friday Football v East Perth 11 years 3 weeks ago #10249

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
Yeah I think Stevo makes a big difference up front as he always gives a contest, he will get better as he gets fitter. I had a feeling Mahoney would have a far better year than last, once he has settled here. Phillips has a bit of pace, well he did early on, suprised me a bit, unless the ferals are just slow?? He slowed a bit as the game went on & his kicking went the same way, but he is another who will get better with more match fitness. I thought Wheeler was good, Herring was ok, not sure about Macca, he has a crack but his disposal is sh8thouse. Hampson was ok but far from his best. As someone else said on here we have alot of blokes underdone at the moment & we should get better as the season goes on. Saw Grover in the huddle, will be alot better side with him, Gum & McDougall in, along with the improvement of the blokes who are underdone atm. One thing, I thought the maggots did their best to get the ferals back into the game in the 4th also can someone explain to me what is the difference with a bloke throwing the ball back to you on the half volley when you've got a free & a bloke kicking the ball away when you've got a free??...both should be 50, but it wasn't the case today!
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Round 3: Good Friday Football v East Perth 11 years 3 weeks ago #10252

• Chopper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

DG wrote: Yeah I think Stevo makes a big difference up front as he always gives a contest, he will get better as he gets fitter. I had a feeling Mahoney would have a far better year than last, once he has settled here. Phillips has a bit of pace, well he did early on, suprised me a bit, unless the ferals are just slow?? He slowed a bit as the game went on & his kicking went the same way, but he is another who will get better with more match fitness. I thought Wheeler was good, Herring was ok, not sure about Macca, he has a crack but his disposal is sh8thouse. Hampson was ok but far from his best. As someone else said on here we have alot of blokes underdone at the moment & we should get better as the season goes on. Saw Grover in the huddle, will be alot better side with him, Gum & McDougall in, along with the improvement of the blokes who are underdone atm. One thing, I thought the maggots did their best to get the ferals back into the game in the 4th also can someone explain to me what is the difference with a bloke throwing the ball back to you on the half volley when you've got a free & a bloke kicking the ball away when you've got a free??...both should be 50, but it wasn't the case today!

Yep your on the money - EP 29 frees to Subi 18 and some of them hurt us bad but it's good to win when it's not going your way.

The umps are saving all the ticky touch-wood frees to go Subi's way against the Sharks next week as we may need them ???

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 383 guests and 4 members online

• Shark Tragic
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL