Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Subi v Freo 7 years 1 week ago #119724

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
Oh this is funny. Quarter time and peel dockers are complaining about the free kick count. Got my heart in my mouth watching this. Dockers aren't getting away with the scragging they did in the GF. We have 50% more frees in the 1st quarter than we had the whole GF. Got the feeling subi may wilt under dockers pressure. Subi having a real crack but disposal poor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Subi v Freo 7 years 1 week ago #119730

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
Singa I didn't hear to much complaining from the peelmantle folk probably because they only had about 10 of them there, I did count them after they kicked a goal and there were 10 people clapping.

Yes we did get value for effort on the free kick count in the first half and rightly so as we dominated possession and play but our conversion was abysmal.
Our pressure on their ball carriers was terrific and also our tackling. pretty even team effort but Horse, Phez and Twomey were outstanding, Twomes 's best game for some time, his run and link was terrific as was most of his disposals. Dela worked his guts out in the ruck against the Freo monsters, we were well beaten in the hitouts as usual 47 - 24 but he and Clang were well on top around the ground with there mobility.

The Freo Talls were a real problem up forward, especially Tabener who didn't move around much but his size was too much for our backs and he ended up with a good 4 goal return. The #21 for peel, Bell is a quality local boy who did some damage to us in the GF as well, solid build and excellent skills, he would be a good late draft pick.

Our tackling was nice and intense and particularly in the first half we out numbered them at the contested ball but we did fade in the 2nd half and only a couple of nice late goals late in the 4th managed to ice the game.

By my calcs, and I'll stand corrected, Peel had just 9 listed players, must be a record low apart from the finals fiasco a few years ago but the ones they had were mostly experienced players with the likes of Taberner, Griffin, Suban, Dawson and Suttcliffe all strong contributors. Peelmantle used the flood all day which made it an ugly contest at times and maybe the reason we kicked at goal so badly but we also missed a lot of very gettable set shots.

Liam Ryan kicked just the 2 goals so some may look at that as a quiet day, but he had 18 disposals from a forward pocket and 2 or 3 direct goal assists. but the game highlight was when he rose to new heights, even for him and took what is clearly the mark of the year ... well there are 17 more games so I'm sure he'll do something even more extraordinary before the season ends. Ryan came down with snow on his head he was up so high. Don't know if he has a nickname but maybe just call him "highlights" as he provides so many.

We have the other scumbag alignment team next Friday for the annual Good Friday game sharing the day with the WP v Peelmantle game which has a 2.15 start, we start at 4.15.

Cockie had another near BOG in the 2's with 34 disposals so obviously Schoey is really working him hard after he missed most of the pre-season with injury but he must be very close to a call up, same for Madut who had 41 hitouts in the 2's, Boges had 39 touches so he must also be pushing hard for a call up.

Subi v Freo 7 years 1 week ago #119731

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Fantastic to hear Subiaco completed the quinella and come away with the 15 point win.
The only downside is the lions were outscored in the second half which would probably is an area that needs looking at. Apparently Subiaco having 80 something more ball disposals too. All in all, a win's a win and they have 4 points. The season has started well for them.

Subi v Freo 7 years 1 week ago #119772

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Heater19 wrote:

Senior Seagull wrote:
Liam Ryan kicked just the 2 goals so some may look at that as a quiet day, but he had 18 disposals from a forward pocket and 2 or 3 direct goal assists. but the game highlight was when he rose to new heights, even for him and took what is clearly the mark of the year ... well there are 17 more games so I'm sure he'll do something even more extraordinary before the season ends. Ryan came down with snow on his head he was up so high. Don't know if he has a nickname but maybe just call him "highlights" as he provides so many.

Mate he was higher than a Swan Districts midfielder on Grand Final day. Does he have a nickname? I'm sure we can come up with one. Leaping Liam or Flyin Ryan sound a bit corny.

Have watched the reply a few times now and he didn't actually get much of a ride, he pretty much hurdled over the top of the pack, only damage he did was grazing the top of Horsley's head with his boot stops.

Subi v Freo 7 years 1 week ago #119802

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
I liked Matera's game. He is getting better every week. Not much has been said about him but everything he did yesterday was all class. He is going to be very good. Also good to see Stevo, Fimmano, Powell and Adamson starting to find their feet...
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Subi v Freo 7 years 1 week ago #119812

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Grassy wrote: No pitch inspection by Peelmantle yesterday,was there? B)

No mate but they were bleating about not getting the rub of the green from the umpires, which is laughable after what happened in last years GF.

• Page:
Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 430 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog