Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Game on v doggies 7 years 1 week ago #117495

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
Disappointing effort by the boys but credit to the Doggies who were just too good.
First qtr was a disaster, couldn't take a trick under massive pressure from Souths, they closed up the space around the contests and ran harder when the won the footy, we didn't pressure them enough which allowed them to provide far better delivery to their forwards who looked scary good. We are touted as having the best backline in the league but were badly found out by Souths. A lot of that due to getting spanked in the midfield, apart from Kitch and Maxy we were well beaten in that area. Big Guinnis looks to be a find in the ruck, big body but quite mobile with 22 disposals, should have had a goal but like his team mates apart from the 3rd qtr we couldn't buy a goal.

Forwards struggled apart from Ryan who was double teamed all day but still managed 3 goals in a really hard fought effort, the rest were average but suffered from very poor delivery inside 50 due to Souths pressure. Litherland looks the goods, Baily Matera tried hard.

We struggled in the mids, desperately missed Horse and Cockie in there who normally produce around 45-50 disposals a game between them plus Halligan will provide more options up forward but we need a proper full forward really miss the physical presence of Shep who created space for the smalls. Would have thought Stevo would have played but played down back in the 2's.

Perth next week who ran a much improved Swans team to a close finish with a bunch of new kids and a shockingly unbalanced free kick count. Anyway that aspect will be corrected next week when they play us, 2 of the most mind numbingly stupid frees paid in the first qtr both resulting in goals to Souths, for running the ball over the goal line, haven't seen it paid in recent history at WAFL level and on both occasions the player was under pressure and in Heals case he tried to turn out of goals slid on the sandy goal square and ended up on his arse over the line, would like to hear if this rule is being enforced in other games. but that was my only criticism of the umps, we were second to the ball for 3 of the 4 qtrs. so cant expect to get frees. We'll improve once we get some of those key A grade players back on the paddock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Senior Seagull.

Game on v doggies 7 years 1 week ago #117497

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
You guys will be sweet once you get your hard nuts in Cockie and Horsley back on the park...they don't stand for any nonsense those two.....though SF didn't have Hockey who is just as hard and good.....should be some cracking contests between Subi, Cl and SF this year....obviously SF with their forward options seem to have the edge at present....but hey form and injury can derail any teams journey I guess.....reckon you guys will miss Shepheard as well....big body and usually requires a couple of defenders to curb....pity Boland isn't around.....

Subi will embrace the challenge I reckon....early days and TBH a lot can happen till late aug and early Sept.....how did ex EF boy Nick Menagola go in the reserves?....also Leach and Thurkle.....think Leach has played the odd colts game for EF....could be wrong though?

In all honesty SD should of belted Perth with all their experience....obviously caught them in the end....but that Perth side had how many youngsters from their colts team last year making debut....plus a shed load of youngsters who have played less then 10 games....

Last edit: by Freezin.

Game on v doggies 7 years 1 week ago #117514

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836

DG wrote:

Heater19 wrote:

Godinoz wrote: Lots of work ahead of us here. Are you at the game Heater19, if so what is your observation??

Yes mate, really missing Horse and the fridge in the center. Don't have a genuine target up forward which is making Liam have to work too hard and make mistakes. The big fella Guiness looks the goods, as worked hard. South just too good, have numbers everywhere. 2 very unusual rushed behind free kicks to south resulting in goals.

Yeah wtf, is that a new rule? If so fuck it off quick smart. Yep I like Guiness, he showed a bit. I thought we were ok just broke down in the fwd line...

DG given we don't have a proper FF would you look at options like Bestry who had a very good game in the 2's all be it as a ruckman but he's very mobile and has good skills, may be worth a try, seems Schoey wasn't prepared to give Stevo another go. Bestry at FF and doing some deep forward ruckwork lets us camp the ruckman across the centre for the rebound plus when we play against blokes like Mason we can then use the option of Clanger on him if, like on Saturday where Locks was not coping. Also I think we need to have Dela at CHF all game and let Clang and Guinnis handle the ruck. The other FF option might be Twoemy, experienced smart player with a great kick and good overhead.

Game on v doggies 7 years 1 week ago #117620

• Heater19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Anyone have any news on Kennedys injury?

Game on v doggies 7 years 1 week ago #117662

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Bring in the orange boots 34

Game on v doggies 7 years 1 week ago #117666

• Heater19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

La Hincha wrote: Bring in the orange boots 34

2.2 in the 2's
Time to bring in the Nelson

Attachments:

Game on v doggies 7 years 6 days ago #117812

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

Senior Seagull wrote:

DG wrote:

Heater19 wrote:

Godinoz wrote: Lots of work ahead of us here. Are you at the game Heater19, if so what is your observation??

Yes mate, really missing Horse and the fridge in the center. Don't have a genuine target up forward which is making Liam have to work too hard and make mistakes. The big fella Guiness looks the goods, as worked hard. South just too good, have numbers everywhere. 2 very unusual rushed behind free kicks to south resulting in goals.

Yeah wtf, is that a new rule? If so fuck it off quick smart. Yep I like Guiness, he showed a bit. I thought we were ok just broke down in the fwd line...

DG given we don't have a proper FF would you look at options like Bestry who had a very good game in the 2's all be it as a ruckman but he's very mobile and has good skills, may be worth a try, seems Schoey wasn't prepared to give Stevo another go. Bestry at FF and doing some deep forward ruckwork lets us camp the ruckman across the centre for the rebound plus when we play against blokes like Mason we can then use the option of Clanger on him if, like on Saturday where Locks was not coping. Also I think we need to have Dela at CHF all game and let Clang and Guinnis handle the ruck. The other FF option might be Twoemy, experienced smart player with a great kick and good overhead.

Yes Senior I think Bestry would be worth looking at for sure. Surely Stevo will be given a go there at some stage? Greg Broughton would be a handy ff, strong hands, notice he is still on the club website...
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 227 guests and 2 members online

• Demons Forever
  • DD

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL