Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Subi v Joondy at Kingsway 7 years 8 months ago #100831

• Senior Seagull
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840
This is technically our home game and a great event organised by the club and the local Kingsway based sporting clubs with help from Wanneroo Council.

Back to basics with no cover in the outer and no grandstand so will need to set up for possible rain and some stiff breezes.

Joondy have been quietly accumulating wins after a slow start with not much attention being paid to their progress, they sit comfortably in 3rd spot on 9 wins but their % is poor at just 101.9, 2 games clear of 4th spot so seems they will get the double chance but not home ground advantage unless they lose the qual final. Always a battle against these guys. Rnd 3 Subi dominated with a 44 point win up at Joondy in fine warm conditions for the "International game". Rnd 10 at Leedo it was Joondy comfortably by 26 in the wet where their midfield out worked, out tackled and out ran us. Saturday could be wet as well so that really evens things up as we have proven we are not a great wet weather team.

We get Cockie back from his 1 week holiday to add some extra grunt to the mids, Shep was dominant last week against a quality opposition and will need to bring that again especially if Rodda is playing who kept him to just 1 goal last time.
Expect Munns to run with Kitch, Munns has some significant scalps this year and expect Mahoney to run with either Nelson or Black, neither team can cover all the quality mids in this contest so it will be who's most effective. We can assume we'll get spanked in the hitouts, we've dealt with that all year. Bradley and in particular Clanger should have the upper hand around the ground.

Looking forward to this one 1st v 3rd at a neutral venue.

I think we should have more options up forward so if we can halve the mids contest we should get the lollies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Senior Seagull.

Subi v Joondy at Kingsway 7 years 8 months ago #100851

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
I hear that Halligan, Kennedy and Madut may all be back before the finals...
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Subi v Joondy at Kingsway 7 years 8 months ago #100873

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132

DG wrote: I hear that Halligan, Kennedy and Madut may all be back before the finals...

Might be a matter of how many games they can get into them before finals tho. At least it looks like the ressies are going to play finals too which will increase their chances.

Subi v Joondy at Kingsway 7 years 8 months ago #100878

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Senior Seagull wrote: This is technically our home game and a great event organised by the club and the local Kingsway based sporting clubs with help from Wanneroo Council.

Back to basics with no cover in the outer and no grandstand so will need to set up for possible rain and some stiff breezes.

Joondy have been quietly accumulating wins after a slow start with not much attention being paid to their progress, they sit comfortably in 3rd spot on 9 wins but their % is poor at just 101.9, 2 games clear of 4th spot so seems they will get the double chance but not home ground advantage unless they lose the qual final. Always a battle against these guys. Rnd 3 Subi dominated with a 44 point win up at Joondy in fine warm conditions for the "International game". Rnd 10 at Leedo it was Joondy comfortably by 26 in the wet where their midfield out worked, out tackled and out ran us. Saturday could be wet as well so that really evens things up as we have proven we are not a great wet weather team.

We get Cockie back from his 1 week holiday to add some extra grunt to the mids, Shep was dominant last week against a quality opposition and will need to bring that again especially if Rodda is playing who kept him to just 1 goal last time.
Expect Munns to run with Kitch, Munns has some significant scalps this year and expect Mahoney to run with either Nelson or Black, neither team can cover all the quality mids in this contest so it will be who's most effective. We can assume we'll get spanked in the hitouts, we've dealt with that all year. Bradley and in particular Clanger should have the upper hand around the ground.

Looking forward to this one 1st v 3rd at a neutral venue.

I think we should have more options up forward so if we can halve the mids contest we should get the lollies.

SS, we have 11 wins with a % of 109 :sick: Wet slog anyones game really, our forward line on a dry day will match any in the comp.

Subi v Joondy at Kingsway 7 years 8 months ago #100882

• BigO
  • Thank you received: 7
Ground is in good knick..
Should be a cracker...
Bar is open holds about 400 upstairs get in early and get a spot....

Subi v Joondy at Kingsway 7 years 8 months ago #100902

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Surely David Madut required a full knee reco?

I mean he missed nearly a year of footy and came back and did his knee before half-time of his comeback.

I don't understand why he would risk a long term career by not having the reco.

Or am I missing something?

Subi v Joondy at Kingsway 7 years 8 months ago #100903

• BC
  • Thank you received: 1547
last time I saw him Ben he had it in a brace which could suggest a partial tear...maybe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: La Hincha

Subi v Joondy at Kingsway 7 years 8 months ago #100904

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

BC wrote: last time I saw him Ben he had it in a brace which could suggest a partial tear...maybe.

oh ok. Well I hope he and the club are doing everything possible to make sure he can get over these knee injuries once and for all. Bloody worrying mate.

Speaking of which, I'm absolutely devastated for young Jack Beverley. Won the colts B&F last year at 16 years of age. Colts team of the year honours as well.

Did his knee first game up in the ressies a few weeks back and is out for the full 12 months.

We don't have that many stars coming through but he is one but I know he will be back bigger and better this time next year. So frustrating

Subi v Joondy at Kingsway 7 years 8 months ago #100978

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Leederville v Jonndalup at Kingsway Saturday. Go figure

Subi v Joondy at Kingsway 7 years 8 months ago #101017

• BC
  • Thank you received: 1547
No outs which is good and Rhys Waters named. He'll be important come finals time for his forward defensive pressure as a small which is lacking a little bit with Ryan and Garcia. Once Dela gets back it's going to be bloody hard to get a game as even now, I couldn't predict who'll miss out on Saturday from the squad below. Just imagine if we had Halligan, Elliott and Scott Hancock all ready to go...it would be a selectors nightmare.

B B Stevenson D Jackson G Clark
HB J Latham J Lockyer A Heal
C S Moore C Phelan K Horsley
HF G Broughton S Bradley J Garcia
FF B Robinson H Shepheard L Ryan
F C Wheeler B Mahoney L Kitchin
Int. A Cockie, W Fetherstonhaugh, R Waters, C Hoskins, C Bryan, D Leishman, W Twomey,
In G Clark, R Waters, A Cockie,

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 242 guests and one member online

• Big Blue

Newest Footy Recruits

• Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog