Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Subiaco Indigenous team of the century 7 years 9 months ago #99155

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
BC..We talked a lot of old footy stories mate but not that one. I was surprised to hear that he only played in one premiership with the Lions , although in his time at the club they won three?
He was as a tough of nails and still looks in good knick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Subiaco Indigenous team of the century 7 years 9 months ago #99156

• BC
  • Thank you received: 1547
yes...i'd have to check to see which years he actually played but we were in 4 GF's between 85 and 88 inclusive losing to EF in 85 but winning in 86 then losing to Claremont in 87 and getting up in 88...which is the one he played in. he was obviously overshadowed by his brother to a larger extent but Gary was as a tough, no-nonsense player who was pretty skilful in his own right.

Subiaco Indigenous team of the century 7 years 9 months ago #99160

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
Kempy was the hero in the 88 prelim. Kicked the winning goal just before the final siren to give us a 3 point win vs old easts and propelled us into the granny. Legend!
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"
The following user(s) said Thank You: La Hincha

Subiaco Indigenous team of the century 7 years 9 months ago #99161

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
...that was a huge kick in the scheme of things as I had a feeling we would go alright in the granny if we actually made it, with the expected massive inclusion of Lozza for the big one...
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Subiaco Indigenous team of the century 7 years 9 months ago #99168

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132
Garry Kemp played 105 games from 1988 to 1993 so was only involved in the 1988 premiership. We got well beaten by Claremont in the 1991 GF in that time.
That 1988 prelim was a ripper game and Kempie held his nerve to slot the winning goal right at the end in a close finish. S 19.10 [124] to EF 17.19 [121].

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 312 guests and 2 members online

• Sand Surfer

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977