Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vale Barry Strack 7 years 9 months ago #98149

• Theouterseagull
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
From the club website

The Subiaco Football Club is saddened to announce the passing of Life Member and long time servant Barry Strack.

Strack had been battling with cancer since 2009 but unfortunately lost the fight this morning.

Barry was originally drawn to the club through his father Lloyd Strack who played for the Lions on either side of World War II. Strack started at the club as Colts manager in 1983 and worked tirelessly for the club up until 2014.

The club had a chat to Strack in 2014 following the announcement of his retirement.

“It was incredible to get another premiership in my last year at the club and to be presented with a plaque including every flag I was involved in was fantastic," said Strack.

“There are a couple of premiership wins that standout from my time at the club and this (2014) was definitely one of them. We were under-dogs by a mile and the boys worked hard for each other to surprise everyone,"

“Although I won’t miss the early starts, I’ll miss the camaraderie of the people around me like the trainers, guys like Alby, Ron and Magic and definitely the players,"

Over the last four-five years they’ve been fantastic; they’ve known I’ve been in a bit of strife health-wise and the guys support has been tremendous.” Added Strack

The Subiaco Lions will don black armbands on Saturday against Swan Districts in memory of Barry Strack.

The funeral will be held on Thursday July 7th at Karrakatta Cemetery starting at 12:30.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vale Barry Strack 7 years 9 months ago #98180

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
I will post a tribute on Lost WAFL if that is ok
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Vale Barry Strack 7 years 9 months ago #98187

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Hard working stalwarts are the backbone of the WAFL.
Gone but not forgotten at the Club.
RIP Barry.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

• Page:
Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 409 guests and one member online

• GarlicBreath

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric