Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Subi v Gummies 7 years 9 months ago #97342

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I couldn't believe we actually were getting the better of the free kick decisions for a change yesterday. Makes a difference I reckon. Particularly those two or 3 that were 50/50 and went our way. I almost felt a twinge of guilt. Almost!

Still, don't want to get ahead of myself as we're still on minus 59 for the season.

EDIT - Which according to the stats is business as usual as we were minus 59 for 2015 and minus 60 for 2014.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by La Hincha.

Subi v Gummies 7 years 9 months ago #97346

• Senior Seagull
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836

La Hincha wrote: I couldn't believe we actually were getting the better of the free kick decisions for a change yesterday. Makes a difference I reckon. Particularly those two or 3 that were 50/50 and went our way. I almost felt a twinge of guilt. Almost!

Still, don't want to get ahead of myself as we're still on minus 59 for the season.

Agree LH, first time the count has reflected the absolute dominance we had and the fact we were first to the ball 75% of the time, but we have done that on many occasions and been spanked by the umps.

Anyway a good win but against a side without 3 or 4 of their key players as we were last time we played them. Of the top five teams it will be the one that can keep their best list on the paddock that will get to the GF, we've seen what WP have done since steadily getting their better players back on the paddock. Now we'll see what Souths can do given they have suffered several injuries to key players, but they have great depth in their other 2 grades.

Subi v Gummies 7 years 9 months ago #97348

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Senior Seagull wrote:

La Hincha wrote: I couldn't believe we actually were getting the better of the free kick decisions for a change yesterday. Makes a difference I reckon. Particularly those two or 3 that were 50/50 and went our way. I almost felt a twinge of guilt. Almost!

Agree LH, first time the count has reflected the absolute dominance we had and the fact we were first to the ball 75% of the time, but we have done that on many occasions and been spanked by the umps.

Anyway a good win but against a side without 3 or 4 of their key players as we were last time we played them. Of the top five teams it will be the one that can keep their best list on the paddock that will get to the GF, we've seen what WP have done since steadily getting their better players back on the paddock. Now we'll see what Souths can do given they have suffered several injuries to key players, but they have great depth in their other 2 grades.

Yeah mate, its going to be a tight finish to the season.

Yeah shame we have a bunch out for the year. What it is Smith, Hancock, Madut, Wood, Kennedy, Halligan (?), Scafidi.

Really feel sorry for Scafidi. Was progressing really well. Tough, 6ft1 inside player. Great mates with Hayden Kennedy (Both Mines products)and just as good I reckon. Two seasons in a row out for the year virtually. Frustrating.

Still, Max Walters played an awesome game yesterday. 27 possies, 26 of those in the last 3 quarters - many of which were contested as per usual. Don't understand why he isn't in the league side?

Leishman was outstanding. Like he never missed any footy at all. Young Woodley got the BOG. Was the cleanest by hand and foot and that probably swayed the coaches who give the awards. I reckon he's moved ahead of a few now and is on the verge. Very promising. Sokol tried hard. Borchet solid and Abe Kennedy played his best game since coming up from colts. Stevo solid but was just hoping he might have impacted the game a little more when it was tight in the second half. Boges with 32 touches - always in the mix. Damn unlucky to have only played six league games so far in his career - although it has been put to me that he tries to many short dinky kicks instead of driving the ball long to a reasonable 50/50. Maybe they have a point?

And I guess we still have Waters, Joyce, G Clark (Didn't play ressies yesterday), Robinson and Hay to come back in one of the grades or both from time to time.

So yeah, taking nothing for granted by still on track for a solid tilt.

Last edit: by La Hincha.

Subi v Gummies 7 years 9 months ago #97349

• BC
  • Thank you received: 1543
forgot about Woody...whats the latest with him?

Subi v Gummies 7 years 9 months ago #97350

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

BC wrote: forgot about Woody...whats the latest with him?

Mate, I think he's decided to have a break and get the body right.

Subi v Gummies 7 years 9 months ago #97355

• BC
bugger...looking at your list of outs for the season there's more than a few who would stroll into our best 22...Wood, Hancock, Madut, Kennedy and I believe Halligan will struggle to get back.

Subi v Gummies 7 years 9 months ago #97359

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

BC wrote: bugger...looking at your list of outs for the season there's more than a few who would stroll into our best 22...Wood, Hancock, Madut, Kennedy and I believe Halligan will struggle to get back.

Well, lets hope they all get back for 2017.

It's frustrating no doubt for them as it bloody is for me. It's one of the reasons why I watch all 4 grades. You see a kid with talent and you pencil him in and he never gets a decent run at it because of injury. Scafidi has had the toughrst deal but poor Madut also.

A few opposition players said something very telling and honest to me about David and that was although he is a fair player other teams are wary of his physical presence. He goes in hard and a few opponents take their eye off the pill when he is in the area and you could see it in those scratchies. Combine that with his improved skills and its a case of what might have been.

Wish him all the best for 2017. He needs a bit of luck BC.

Subi v Gummies 7 years 9 months ago #97360

• BC
I thought he was pretty good for us before he got injured by winning his fair share of taps but also starting to impact around the ground. Yep, let's hope he's back bigger and better in 2017.
The following user(s) said Thank You: La Hincha

Subi v Gummies 7 years 9 months ago #97362

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
just noticed that we are minus 30 frre kicks in the reserves as well. Jaysus we are undisciplined in every grade :silly:

Subi v Gummies 7 years 9 months ago #97363

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
LH: Do you know what the figure is in the Colts? We need the help of the umpires in the colts competition.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 363 guests and 3 members online

• Mr AFL
  • Success Hill
  • Whinnen

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr