Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Subi v Gummies 7 years 10 months ago #97076

• Senior Seagull
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840
This should be a ripper game and sharing game of the round status with SF v FART.
5 big ins for us, Dela, Lockyer, Twomey, Robbo & Sokol. 8 on the bench but would expect Bradley, D Clarke & Fimmano to miss out, the rest are all quality, Mahoney, Broughton, Cockie, Robbo & Hoskins. Surprising that Greg Clark has missed out, I thought his form has been really solid. Lets hope with the big name ins we are up and ready to go or EF will take us apart like they did last time.

Expect a really tight game in what looks like great weather, both teams have great on ballers and good forwards so if the mids break even it could be the defence that decides the outcome. We have 4 very mobile big blokes down back plus Bryan and Feathers can take a small or tall. Peake is in top form, so who gets him will be critical, probably Feathers who is capable of doing a good stopping role.

Around the ground our two rucks in Clang and Dela should have the edge, but maybe not in the tapouts, I don't know enough about the EF rucks to make a call on that.

Depending on all results we could have the situation where the top 5 teams are all on the same points ... I hope not!!

Subi by 13 points
Souths by 18 points.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Subi v Gummies 7 years 10 months ago #97081

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
pretty ure that is Subi's best team on paper all season?....big ask by EF TBH, hampson, Eardley and LA are all quality outs for EF. Bristow rucks for EF SS, has done well but can see Subi's agility big man wise doing more around the ground.....only plus for EF is that all those ins for Subi have been out for a wee while so maybe a touch rusty. EFdefence will be working hard to shut down all those options, also across the midfield Subi on paper look to have more depth.....biggest plus so far for EF is that Wiley has a game plan which the players have taken on board and executed more than often with success.....

Subi by 4 goals at least, though if EF can get within 4 I reckon with their outs won't be a bad thing....touch wood it's a beauty to keep the comp alive and interesting.

Subi v Gummies 7 years 10 months ago #97085

• BC
  • Thank you received: 1547
yep...starting to get a few back which is good. I'm sure they would have had match simulations at training so hopefully the in's will slot straight back in. Halligan can't be too far away and good to see Dan Leishman back at the club and playing two's. He's a quality defender and if he can find some form will be very handy at the pointy end of the season.

Subi v Gummies 7 years 10 months ago #97098

• Buddy Boy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 21

BC wrote: yep...starting to get a few back which is good. I'm sure they would have had match simulations at training so hopefully the in's will slot straight back in. Halligan can't be too far away and good to see Dan Leishman back at the club and playing two's. He's a quality defender and if he can find some form will be very handy at the pointy end of the season.

Yes Leishman will be very handy at the end of the year. He has been training for a number of weeks now. Over heard Halligan's old man talking with Schoie, the footy manager and Physio at training on Wednesday night and from what I can gather sounds like he might be out for the rest of the year with an infection in his knee he had operated on. Lets hope I heard wrong and he is all good to go for finals.

Subi v Gummies 7 years 10 months ago #97127

• Senior Seagull
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840

Buddy Boy wrote:

BC wrote: yep...starting to get a few back which is good. I'm sure they would have had match simulations at training so hopefully the in's will slot straight back in. Halligan can't be too far away and good to see Dan Leishman back at the club and playing two's. He's a quality defender and if he can find some form will be very handy at the pointy end of the season.

Yes Leishman will be very handy at the end of the year. He has been training for a number of weeks now. Over heard Halligan's old man talking with Schoie, the footy manager and Physio at training on Wednesday night and from what I can gather sounds like he might be out for the rest of the year with an infection in his knee he had operated on. Lets hope I heard wrong and he is all good to go for finals.

Gee that's bad news re Halligan if correct, he has that X factor and adds vigour to the forwards, Kennedy is also a long term shoulder so may not see him again, real fan of Kennedy, absolutely fearless and can do a great run with role, plus Hancock & Madut with the knee recons also gone till next season.

The boys coming back in have been missing for an extended time apart from Dela and while match simulations ar good its still nothing compared to the real thing but if these guys are at 75-80% that will be huge. The match ups are much better with these guys available as it lets us get our ruck combination back and adds another tall rotation through the forwards. As Freeze said EF have some real key outs so it's a bit of a reverse from the last game and should even things up. Absolutely key that we make a fast start, we saw what that meant to the gummies last time when they jumped us big time. Shame the games not today as possibility of some rain tomorrow.

Subi v Gummies 7 years 10 months ago #97128

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Just noticed that Lockyer was the only one of those Subi ins, who didn't play in that 80 pt loss to EF last time....thought more of those guys were out....EF lose Hampson, Eardley and Anthony x 2 from that game...gives me hope it won't be all that bad tomorrow then :lol:

Last edit: by Freezin.

Subi v Gummies 7 years 10 months ago #97132

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

Buddy Boy wrote:

I saw Halligan at Subi oval the other week on crutches, he looked a long way off
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Subi v Gummies 7 years 10 months ago #97143

• BC
bugger...plays taller than he looks and is very dangerous around goals. fortunately we've unearthed a couple of other gems up forward.

Subi v Gummies 7 years 10 months ago #97199

• Godinoz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 26
The Colts and Ressies STILL not winning! Colts a worry.

Subi v Gummies 7 years 10 months ago #97220

• BC
Cop that!! Not quite an 80 point redemption but close enough for mine. Kitch, Cockie, Broughts, Horse, Jordy Lockyer were all fantastic. Liam Ryan needs to work harder and reckon he dropped at least half a dozen very gettable marks. I'm also impressed with Shaun Bradley these days. I didn't think he showed enough early in season as a key forward but looks much better as a pinch hitting ruckman. Thank Christ we weren't playing FART as the Freo boys would have walked off when it starting raining heavily in the last..the ground would have been too wet, muddy, slippery for them.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 263 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• AbrahamErype
  • whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric