Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Scratch Match v Claremont 11 years 2 weeks ago #8214

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

La Hincha wrote:

DG wrote: Couldnt get down tonight but seems like we put in a pretty solid effort to go down only by 7pts? Sinclair did play I see, & played well, more than a match for Seaby in the ruck, plus capped it off with 3 goals. Anyone know what happened to JKT? No stats for him, was he injured early or did not play?

Nah JKT didn't play nor Kerr.

We dominated the big man department again with Sinclair, Madaut plus Wheeler up forward but our midfield didn't seem quite as quick and as sharp as theirs. Lots of double handling.

But we were competitive and were closing the gap by the end. Pretty good really.

The ressies had a big win. I've stupidly neglected to write down the final score but it was 18 goals to 10 or something like that.
Goals: Clarke 4, Worthington 3, Kerr, Sells, Young 2, Thompson, Wohling, Genovese, Phillips, Hill 1
Best: Kerr, Hampson, McDonnell, Worthington, Genovese, Bogensperger, Stevenson, Phillips, Clarke, Martin

Thanks mate. Seems as though we were the fitter side but ran out of time? Good to see Phillips get through the reserves game & finish in the best. I heard the score was Subi 18. 11. 119 - CL 9. 4. 58. Good signs with good wins over the Tiges in both the colts & ressies, scratchys i know, but we havent done that for a while!
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scratch Match v Claremont 11 years 2 weeks ago #8215

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Also, that McDonald looks a good player. Goes in hard. Might be a good one for us. I probably should wait and see for a few games first though.

Scratch Match v Claremont 11 years 2 weeks ago #8217

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

La Hincha wrote: Also, that McDonald looks a good player. Goes in hard. Might be a good one for us. I probably should wait and see for a few games first though.

Cool, what position does he play & what type of player is he, height, weight?

Scratch Match v Claremont 11 years 2 weeks ago #8218

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

DG wrote:

La Hincha wrote:

DG wrote: Couldnt get down tonight but seems like we put in a pretty solid effort to go down only by 7pts? Sinclair did play I see, & played well, more than a match for Seaby in the ruck, plus capped it off with 3 goals. Anyone know what happened to JKT? No stats for him, was he injured early or did not play?

Nah JKT didn't play nor Kerr.

We dominated the big man department again with Sinclair, Madaut plus Wheeler up forward but our midfield didn't seem quite as quick and as sharp as theirs. Lots of double handling.

But we were competitive and were closing the gap by the end. Pretty good really.

The ressies had a big win. I've stupidly neglected to write down the final score but it was 18 goals to 10 or something like that.
Goals: Clarke 4, Worthington 3, Kerr, Sells, Young 2, Thompson, Wohling, Genovese, Phillips, Hill 1
Best: Kerr, Hampson, McDonnell, Worthington, Genovese, Bogensperger, Stevenson, Phillips, Clarke, Martin

Thanks mate. Seems as though we were the fitter side but ran out of time? Good to see Phillips get through the reserves game & finish in the best. I heard the score was Subi 18. 11. 119 - CL 9. 4. 58. Good signs with good wins over the Tiges in both the colts & ressies, scratchys i know, but we havent done that for a while!

Yeah not a bad round for us. Some tough choices to be made for the first game now. Not a bad problem to have mate. Just wish we had a genuinely speedy mid. They might have to use Pickett in the guts for 5 minute bursts. I guess that was always going to be his eventual role but maybe get there for short periods a year in advance.

JKT will add a bit of pace I guess also.

But yeah, we are certainly better than last year and will trouble every side in the comp.

Scratch Match v Claremont 11 years 2 weeks ago #8220

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

DG wrote:

La Hincha wrote: Also, that McDonald looks a good player. Goes in hard. Might be a good one for us. I probably should wait and see for a few games first though.

He was playing half back flank today but could easily have bursts in the midfield.

Didn't seem to fumble at all and fought tenaciously in every contest he was involved in. Looks about 180 cm - seemed to be good in one on one contests, not super quick, but not slow either. Good long hard kick...fairly tough.

Hope I'm not getting ahead of myself here. Might wait until I've seen him play a couple more times.

Scratch Match v Claremont 11 years 2 weeks ago #8221

• po.cocko
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I was very impressed with the effort against the current premiers, dont know how many they were short, but I thought we were at least half a dozen short of our best, so things are looking good I think for 2013,good chance of a final four finish on that effort,but will have a good idea in a fortnight when we play the jerkers in a friday night game, thats when the real stuff begins and when it counts.thought the umpiring was about 60/70% better than against the sharks made for a good quality game to watch.

Scratch Match v Claremont 11 years 2 weeks ago #8223

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

La Hincha wrote:

DG wrote:

He was playing half back flank today but could easily have bursts in the midfield.

Didn't seem to fumble at all and fought tenaciously in every contest he was involved in. Looks about 180 cm - seemed to be good in one on one contests, not super quick, but not slow either. Good long hard kick...fairly tough.

Hope I'm not getting ahead of myself here. Might wait until I've seen him play a couple more times.

Thanks mate, sounds promising.

Scratch Match v Claremont 11 years 2 weeks ago #8224

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

po.cocko wrote: I was very impressed with the effort against the current premiers, dont know how many they were short, but I thought we were at least half a dozen short of our best, so things are looking good I think for 2013,good chance of a final four finish on that effort,but will have a good idea in a fortnight when we play the jerkers in a friday night game, thats when the real stuff begins and when it counts.thought the umpiring was about 60/70% better than against the sharks made for a good quality game to watch.

No doubt they had a few missing but as you said so did we. Yep the jerkers will be a test, they are in good pre season form.

Scratch Match v Claremont 11 years 2 weeks ago #8225

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
...also good to see Stevenson amongst the best in the ressies.

Scratch Match v Claremont 11 years 2 weeks ago #8226

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
They had Anderson, Crawford, Foster, Nisbett, Chad Jones and Schammer missing from their front 30 but we had
Kerr, Garcia, Gum, McDougall, Stevenson, Grover, Le Fanu, Kayler-Thomson, Herring, Phillips, Wohling, Hampson and Worthington not playing - all of whom would be in or very close to our front 30.

So a very competitive effort.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 302 guests and 3 members online

• mikeh
  • Demons Forever
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes