Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Subi v WART 7 years 10 months ago #95110

• Senior Seagull
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840
Always tough against the AFL reserves teams but WART have several key injuries to cover so wont be at their strongest, but never should be taken lightly. As usual they will dominate the hit outs but Clang and Dela will have them covered around the ground.

Need a much bigger input from Kitch who has been below par for some time, not dealing well with the heavy tags on him but the other mids in Horse, Phez, Cockie, Latham, Hoskins etc have been covering ok.

We got done badly by Joondy last week who showed up our lack of pace and how our disposal drops off significantly if an opposition closes up the space like Joondy did so well last week. Cant blame our forwards too much for last week as the delivery was absolute rubbish, but I would like to see more movement when we are bring the ball into the 50. Our guys are not going with the first option so are getting caught or under big pressure when disposing the footy hence the big turnover rate and we get caught for pace on the rebound, hopefully Schoey has addressed that during the week.

Stevo must be close to a call up and with Wart having plenty of talls he would be handy down back. Don't think Robbo will be back, still struggling with another foot injury I hear, plus we still have Halligan, Lockyer, Waters and possibly Kennedy out who looked to have done a shoulder early last week. Will be interested to see the team list when it comes out this morning.

If all goes to plan and we beat Wart and Joondy beat Perth then it goes a long way to consigning Wart to the bottom 4 which is a positive for the comp.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Subi v WART 7 years 10 months ago #95116

• Senior Seagull
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Stevo, Hay, Fimano, Yarran, D. Clarke, Feathers are in's, Kennedy & Shaq are outs.

Stevo & Feathers are both listed in the 18, will be interesting to see who gets a gig from the 7 listed on the bench.

Subi v WART 7 years 10 months ago #95117

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
If you lose this match Senior I think you will struggle to go on to any great success this year. We have no pace, we don't apply pressure and our forward line is the worst I can remember. Add to that the injuries to our most experienced players and Eagles outs. It's hard to see an EP win.

Subi v WART 7 years 10 months ago #95119

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Larry Bird wrote: If you lose this match Senior I think you will struggle to go on to any great success this year. We have no pace, we don't apply pressure and our forward line is the worst I can remember. Add to that the injuries to our most experienced players and Eagles outs. It's hard to see an EP win.

Midfield is pretty ordinary as well. With the eagles having very few injuries it proves that it isn't always an advantage to be aligned,As someone once said show me the money and you can go and get better players.

Subi v WART 7 years 10 months ago #95128

• Senior Seagull
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Larry Bird wrote: If you lose this match Senior I think you will struggle to go on to any great success this year. We have no pace, we don't apply pressure and our forward line is the worst I can remember. Add to that the injuries to our most experienced players and Eagles outs. It's hard to see an EP win.

LB those outs for you are key players so the expectation is for a good win to us but based on how we played last week it may be closer than many think. We are not in great form at the moment compared to the start of the season, but good teams should be able to find a way to win in those situations. Your reserves are travelling very well so should be opportunities for some of those lads to show something. Should be a great ressies match given the teams are close on the ladder. cant say the same for the colts game.

Subi v WART 7 years 10 months ago #95131

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
The gulf between the reserves and the league seems to be growing. I'm not sure if you agree with this but it seems like mainly kids in the twos nowadays.

Subi v WART 7 years 10 months ago #95161

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
I think Subiaco kicked the highest score in the league thus far. 63 Inside 50's being a good day at the office. Pity East Fremantle could not complete the quinella.
Apparently Subiaco’s victory was built on a dominant midfield with senior players bouncing back to their best after a modest month that saw the defending premiers lose two of their past three outings.

Subi v WART 7 years 10 months ago #95167

• BC
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1547
G'day lads..back in the country as of a few hours ago...good win by the boys today and looking forward to SS' summation. on another note...what's happened to Jordan Lockyer?

Subi v WART 7 years 10 months ago #95174

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

BC wrote: G'day lads..back in the country as of a few hours ago...good win by the boys today and looking forward to SS' summation. on another note...what's happened to Jordan Lockyer?

G'day BC I saw him in the backs huddle along with Twomey and Kennedy. Dela was also out today. Heal helped Wheeler in the ruck and did a pretty good job. I was impressed by the work of our fringe players most of them will make the selectors job hard in coming weeks with a lot of our regular guys coming back from injury. Jeez Ryno is a gun...
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Subi v WART 7 years 10 months ago #95190

• Ocker 157
  • Thank you received: 23
I thought we got EP at a good time considering their injuries etc. but you'd have to be pretty happy with the effort by our boys.
The pressure was right up there constantly causing turnovers by EP.
Aaron Heal has got to be our most improved player this year, playing with aplomb down back all year and then yesterday going into the ruck and up-forward to show his flexibility, athleticism and leap.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we only had 7 players from our 2015 premiership playing today, which is pretty amazing when you think of it.
I spoke to Delahunty at the ground and (I think) he said he had an upper leg/groin issue which means he'll miss next week but hopes to be fit for the state game if selected.
Lockyer was almost ready to come back against WP until he aggravated his hamstring at training so will be a little while yet.
How good is Greg Broughton?.....after a slow start in his first game back against SD, he has just been getting better and better. His kicking skills either by left or right are so polished.
Of the experienced boys, Phez, Horse, Kitch, Cockie, Mahoney and Hoskins were relentless on the ball, whilst it was great to see Brad Stevenson play with good composure at CHB in his first game since early last year.
Heartening indeed to see some of the youngsters play so well yesterday but of course there will be much tougher games ahead against better opposition that will test their mettle.

• Page:
Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 747 guests and 2 members online

• BC
  • Kick it long

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric