Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Subes v Joondy Munchers 7 years 10 months ago #94761

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
TFF: My name refers to a ship in the Royal Navy rather than any loyalty to the blue and black; although, I think, the EP boys may appreciate the name.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Subes v Joondy Munchers 7 years 10 months ago #94770

• BC
  • Thank you received: 1547
Chit. I go o/s for a couple of weeks and we lose 2 out of 3. What's going on? I've got a tour of the Kremlin tomorrow so might see if I can pick up a few tips from the KGB to pull the boys back into line.

Subes v Joondy Munchers 7 years 10 months ago #94878

• Senior Seagull
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
Well done to Joondy ... ouch that hurts!!
Outplayed by a far more efficient team. Both teams had the same number of disposals but Joondy made much better use of the footy, hitting their targets and creating many more scoring opportunities.

Joondy closed our game right up with numbers at the ball and fierce tackling although not much difference in each teams tackle count. Most of our disposals were rushed due to pressure and we consistently just bombing it into the forwards which made their job almost impossible. The Joondy backs had a field day as we constantly kicked the footy to a red and blue jumper. We also looked much slower across the ground.

Just a few guys who can hold their heads up, Horse as usual was terrific with 34 disposals, Dela was the dominant big man in atrocious conditions with 25 disposals
and 42 hit outs, but must admit that Joondy didn't play a recognized ruckman and went instead for the extra mid which worked a treat against us. Phez was good particularly early but Kitch was once again well held and has not really fired too many shots recently, must now be border line for the state team.

So much for this totally dominant team that would cruise through the season undeafeated and take all before them in the finals. The 2016 team is nowhere near the quality of the 2014/2015 groups, they will need to lift considerably to get a win over Wart next week.

Subes v Joondy Munchers 7 years 10 months ago #94900

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

Senior Seagull wrote: Well done to Joondy ... ouch that hurts!!
Outplayed by a far more efficient team. Both teams had the same number of disposals but Joondy made much better use of the footy, hitting their targets and creating many more scoring opportunities.

Joondy closed our game right up with numbers at the ball and fierce tackling although not much difference in each teams tackle count. Most of our disposals were rushed due to pressure and we consistently just bombing it into the forwards which made their job almost impossible. The Joondy backs had a field day as we constantly kicked the footy to a red and blue jumper. We also looked much slower across the ground.

Just a few guys who can hold their heads up, Horse as usual was terrific with 34 disposals, Dela was the dominant big man in atrocious conditions with 25 disposals
and 42 hit outs, but must admit that Joondy didn't play a recognized ruckman and went instead for the extra mid which worked a treat against us. Phez was good particularly early but Kitch was once again well held and has not really fired too many shots recently, must now be border line for the state team.

So much for this totally dominant team that would cruise through the season undeafeated and take all before them in the finals. The 2016 team is nowhere near the quality of the 2014/2015 groups, they will need to lift considerably to get a win over Wart next week.

Reminds me of our 2014 side Senior, off to a great start 5-0 then up & down after that with a fair share of crap footy. Hopefully not although the end result was sweet...
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Subes v Joondy Munchers 7 years 10 months ago #94909

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
thing is DG there won't be EP waiting for you in the final this year mate.....most likely SF or heaven forbid EF or WP, where come rain hail or shine players from those clubs will be wearing club colours with a bit more pride and passion.....though you did beat WP last year, but I reckon last year's Subi side would beat this years lot by 5 or 6 goals at least, don't you think?

Subes v Joondy Munchers 7 years 10 months ago #94919

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Or even a gumby 5 goal 200 or whatever it was side in the prelim Freeze can't score that kind of luck too often mate. Yep agreed 5 or 6 goals better last year, I think joondy will get there again so we should win by 5 goals ;)

Subes v Joondy Munchers 7 years 10 months ago #94946

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Seriously though the side that finishes on top are almost certain to take it out under the current system

Subes v Joondy Munchers 7 years 10 months ago #95013

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

DG wrote: Seriously though the side that finishes on top are almost certain to take it out under the current system

Agreed Dags, it massively advantages the top side, even if you finish 2nd and beat the top placed side in the 2nd week of Finals, you still play a minimum of 3 games including the GF. With the top 4 you are a chance to go straight thru still :(

Subes v Joondy Munchers 7 years 10 months ago #95045

• Senior Seagull
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
While a top 5 in a 9 team comp is stupid (needs a min of 10 teams to have any integrity) the top 5 does give the team finishing top some reward for being the best home and away team. With a top 4, the only advantage these days is a home final. Which is a benefit but not to the extent as finishing top in a top 5 system.

• Page:
Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 312 guests and one member online

• alahoy

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL