Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Subi v Doggies 7 years 11 months ago #92164

• Senior Seagull
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
Top of the table clash both teams undefeated but Souths on top via %.
Hoping for good weather so both these highly skilled teams can show their quality.

Watched the second half of the Derby and while impressed with both teams, Souths appeared to be able to flick the switch and go up a gear when required, similar to how we have played so far this season. We are yet to play 4 solid quarters but we will need to this week if we are to challenge them.

Mid fields looks well matched, I would be giving Kennedy a run with role on Duckdown Hams if he's fit and Mahoney the same on Schloithe who is just as good as Hams in the ducking stakes.

South with arguably the best forward group against our backs who are arguably the best in the league, Shaw looks like a quality tall and we all know how good Saunders is so they will need to be at their best to keep a lid on their scoring potential.

Like always it will be won in the middle, Branchi is likely to give them first use so as usual we will need to rove to the dominant opposition ruckman. We will need to win the mids contest, if we halve it or lose and they have the advantage with inside 50's they will win with the better forwards. Our forwards are just going ok but will need their radar realigned after the dismal SD display, we should have won that by around 80 points but wasn't to be. Shep has been consistent without kicking a bag, Sokol is creating plenty of opportunities but was not converting so an extra incentive for him against his old club. Halligan got plenty of the pill against Swans but kicked 5 or 6 points, cant see him doing that again, this will be his 2nd game back after injury so hopefully he will convert better.

Will be interesting to see if Waters gets a run after a couple of solid games in the 2's, when he's on he's real class and a bigger body in attack. Shaq continues with good form, his pace and defensive tackling has been good so he should hold his place.

Hard to see any changes to the team but really looking forward to this one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Senior Seagull.

Subi v Doggies 7 years 11 months ago #92170

• BC
  • Thank you received: 1543
good summation SS. my heart says Subi but my head says Souths. They're on a roll and will be pumped for this one...plus Subi doesn't seem to handle the bye all that well for reasons unknown. From what I've seen of Branchi I don't think he'll dominate Dela and Clanger at the restarts unlike a few of the others have in pervious games...so think we'll get our fair share of take aways. Agree that our forwards have to take their opportunities to have any real chance. Our backs and mids will put us into a winning position but unless the forwards are on song we won't kick a big enough score.

Subi v Doggies 7 years 11 months ago #92194

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Should be a cracker fellas.....Subi have more quality and versatility than EF BC and EF were in the lead with a couple of minutes to go.....and EF arent any where near as good as Subi......at present SF and Subi are the two top teams running around the comp....well deserved to......be interested to see how Shepheard goes.....Watson kicked 5 with little big man back up.....Subi have a few more tall forward options which may stretch SF......interested to see how Sokol goes against his old club......also the likes of Cockie, Horsley, Kitchin et al will definitely put SF mids and forward entries under a tighter rein......something EF did well in patches last weekend.

Subi v Doggies 7 years 11 months ago #92198

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
Agree Freez....The Subi lads are trying to down play the quality and versatility of their team not to mention the amount of experience at their disposal. The Dogs if they play their best and are consistent for the quarters should give a lot of cheek and who knows we may find our noses in front at the right time against the team that are the bench mark of the competition. Going to be a huge test for our developing team and one I am looking forward to seeing.

Subi v Doggies 7 years 11 months ago #92204

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Forecast is looking good at the moment. chance of an early shower but clearing so ideal footy weather. Should be a great match.

Subi v Doggies 7 years 11 months ago #92247

• Theouterseagull
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Holy shit!!!
DG is our moderator
:) :) :)

Subi v Doggies 7 years 11 months ago #92284

• BC
hahaha...saw that outer...I wonder who has the job of moderating the SD thread? it'd be a poisoned chalice and you'd spend your whole time deleting profanities... maybe the head mistress might be the best choice. they'd all have to use a thesaurus and anything under 15 syllables just wouldn't do.

Subi v Doggies 7 years 11 months ago #92288

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
:lol: yes BC I was just thinking a lot of 5 year old's read this thread outer better watch his language ;)
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Subi v Doggies 7 years 11 months ago #92291

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373

BC wrote: hahaha...saw that outer...I wonder who has the job of moderating the SD thread? it'd be a poisoned chalice and you'd spend your whole time deleting profanities... maybe the head mistress might be the best choice. they'd all have to use a thesaurus and anything under 15 syllables just wouldn't do.

Be careful what you wish for BC :P :P :P

Subi v Doggies 7 years 11 months ago #92301

• BC
congrats DW...I see you've been annointed with greatness as the SD mod...good luck and my very best wishes to you and your family...you might need it. ;-)

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 584 guests and 4 members online

• Demons Forever
  • Success Hill
  • Swedgen
  • Blackduck

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma