Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

scratchy vs ferals 11 years 1 month ago #7460

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Buddy Boy wrote: Jeez 1 game into pre season and it sounds like everyone writing them off. Give em a go half the side changed and a new coach and game plan give it a chance . I didn't think everyone was expecting miricales. I thought at times when they stuck to the game plan and structures all went well. Time will tell and that's why they use pre season to test things out to see how it all works. It's 1 game down, how about if they are zip and 4 by round 4 then maybe things look grim but until then how about giving them a chance.

Positives were raised and negatives were raised and as you'd expect with a 1 goal to 9 scoreline in the second half some disappointments were expressed.

Perfectly normal stuff on a footy forum post game.

Imagine what it was like in the heydey of the WAFL. 'The Daily News Green Pages', 'The Sunday Times', then 'The West Australian Monday' examining every positional success and failure, talkback radio on fire. George Grjlusich getting stuck into anyone in range. (Specially non-South supporters). "The Hood" firing barbs in Westside Football on Thursday and the likes of Mark "Jacko" Jackson taking aim in his weekly column.

It's all gone soft nowadays. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by La Hincha.

scratchy vs ferals 11 years 1 month ago #7463

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Looks like JKT went all right.

Did McDougall play? If so how did he go?

Cheers
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

scratchy vs ferals 11 years 1 month ago #7468

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840
Yes JKT was a shining light, only aspect of his game was that he sprayed a few kicks but then it's the first scratchy and he knows how to get the pill, looked very fit and focused.

Buddy boy is right it's a first up scratch match and a heap of players yet to show their wares. The 3rd and last scaratchy v Claremont will give a better indication of where we are at. Their ruck combo of Seaby and Andrews will be hard to combat and will give their stellar midfield an armchair ride. Tiges are still my tip to go 3 in a row. Although if Cox & Nicnat stay fit the ferals will have Lycett to team up with Johnson, they will be more than a match for Seaby & Andrews.

scratchy vs ferals 11 years 1 month ago #7471

• po.cocko
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I believe that half of our senior players were in Kalgoolie for junior coaching!

scratchy vs ferals 11 years 1 month ago #7472

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
SS I take it McDougall didn't get on the park?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

scratchy vs ferals 11 years 1 month ago #7488

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Demons Forever wrote: SS I take it McDougall didn't get on the park?

No. While away yet.

scratchy vs ferals 11 years 1 month ago #7490

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
Maybe JKT and his Perth mates McDougall and Assistant Rick Curtis have brought their fadeout culture with them to Subi
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

scratchy vs ferals 11 years 1 month ago #7492

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Swandog wrote: Maybe JKT and his Perth mates McDougall and Assistant Rick Curtis have brought their fadeout culture with them to Subi

We were fading out last year in most matches. Usually 2 and a half quarters and we were gone sadly.

I can see why a few people were disappointed with the game because 9 goals to 1 in the second half was a bit like last year.

Having said all that we were without Dom Sheed, James Garcia, Andrew McDougall, Dan Leishman, Nathan Phillips, George Hampson, Antoni Grover, Brad Stevenson, Buddy Pickett, Callum Sinclair, Cam Wohling, Aidan Parker, Rhys Waters, Mark Nicoski and it's fair to say all are at least in the first 25. Plus a few others like Moore, Martin, Smith, Norriss, Hoskins and Bogensperger who would be close as well.

And that Daniels you gave us can play. Hard at it. Didn't you guys rate him that highly?

Last edit: by La Hincha.

scratchy vs ferals 11 years 1 month ago #7494

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
Daniels walked out after not getting picked in the finals teams, pity as he would have been a walk up start this year.

with 14 guys to come back in Subi will be looking top 4 for sure..

scratchy vs ferals 11 years 1 month ago #7495

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MarkOlsen wrote: Daniels walked out after not getting picked in the finals teams, pity as he would have been a walk up start this year.

with 14 guys to come back in Subi will be looking top 4 for sure..

Walked out? ok. Hope he sticks around for us.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 276 guests and 2 members online

• Demons Forever
  • premiership hangover

Newest Footy Recruits

• Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977