Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Country Lads in colts 2013 11 years 2 months ago #7049

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
subiacofc.com.au/club-news/1502-kal-espe...s-to-contribute.html

Very good write-up about the country lads who have relocated to play colts football in 2013.

Keep your eye out later in the season also for a young fella named Ethan Burnett from Newtwon-Condingup (Esperance FL), who is only 16 this year but won the Western Australian player of the tournament and earned All-Australian selection at the national 15's carnival last year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Country Lads in colts 2013 11 years 1 month ago #7589

• Diorites
  • Thank you received: 0
Good write up, Interesting to see a large contingent of my old clubs, Mines Rovers boys in both this years colts & senior squads. They have been pretty strong in recent years at both junior (16's) level & colts, so I'd been keen to follow how they go & if they make the transition to WAFL footy, notice a few surnames there of old Mines league players like Turner, Kennedy, Ellis & Champion, what can you tell me about them? Have you had much to do with them La Hincha? Also which Turner does Mitch belong to Jeff or Brett? Both local legends of Goldfields footy & is Hayden from the famous Mines Kennedy Clan?

Country Lads in colts 2013 11 years 1 month ago #7590

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Diorites wrote: Good write up, Interesting to see a large contingent of my old clubs, Mines Rovers boys in both this years colts & senior squads. They have been pretty strong in recent years at both junior (16's) level & colts, so I'd been keen to follow how they go & if they make the transition to WAFL footy, notice a few surnames there of old Mines league players like Turner, Kennedy, Ellis & Champion, what can you tell me about them? Have you had much to do with them La Hincha? Also which Turner does Mitch belong to Jeff or Brett? Both local legends of Goldfields footy & is Hayden from the famous Mines Kennedy Clan?

G'day mate. I'm a Perth boy, so not sure who they're related to or anything but I've seen them play quite a bit in development squads.

All five are fantastic players. Kennedy, Turner and Scafidi have been chosen in WA junior sides at one time or another. Champion has represented the Australian Boomerangs Indigenous side and Ellis kicked 19 goals in the last Colts game of the 2012 season for Mines, so it's a good group.

Country Lads in colts 2013 11 years 1 month ago #7591

• Diorites
Well will certainly make it easier that they are all there together, 19 goals is a fair effort at any level! I have a few contacts still at the club so I'm going to check out the links tomorrow. Would think that many state reps from one country club is pretty impressive especially given the distance that Kalg is from the metro area.

Have only just joined this forum but have enjoyed reading your updates, used to have a look at WAFL online to keep up to date with how the country boys were going.

Keep the updates coming :)

Country Lads in colts 2013 11 years 1 month ago #7593

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Diorites wrote: Well will certainly make it easier that they are all there together, 19 goals is a fair effort at any level! I have a few contacts still at the club so I'm going to check out the links tomorrow. Would think that many state reps from one country club is pretty impressive especially given the distance that Kalg is from the metro area.

Have only just joined this forum but have enjoyed reading your updates, used to have a look at WAFL online to keep up to date with how the country boys were going.

Keep the updates coming :)

No worries mate. Will do.

Country Lads in colts 2013 11 years 1 month ago #7696

• Diorites
Checked out my old sources at mines, apparently Scafidi has gone back to Kalg as he has OP that has flared up again, by all accounts very talented player rated by many as better than the other boys but has been very injury prone. Missed all of last season but season before blitzed everything as a 16 year old - won club & assoc F& B in 16's, club F & B in colts, played league & BOG medal in Colts GF win (2011).

As suspected other boys all strong family ties to the club. Young Hayden is by all accounts a very exciting young player with a bit of country league footy under his belt already. Heard young Mitch is a chip of the hold block & a very tough in & under player who played all of last year with a bad ankle injury & has had an op & is still a bit away from playing. Turner's brother apparantly played some colts at Subiaco too before having a year off Uni last year & coming back to Kalg to work. Played league all year but still played about 5 colts games and still took out colts F & B & also was BOG medal winner for colts GF win (2012) as well. Is apparantly going back to Uni this year but If those boys are as tough as the old man Jeff & have the skill of their uncle then they should go alright. Both went to Hale boarding school maybe that's why your starting to get some of these private school boys come through. Could never work out how they all seemed to end up at Claremont, surely the tigers couldn't have the country zone for every boarding school kid in the state. Just looked at the 16's list & it seems there's a few Hale & Aquinas boarders in there as well. About time it started to even out - or finally Subiaco is keeping a finger on the pulse in the country areas - heard D Sheed could be another Kemp!

Country Lads in colts 2013 11 years 1 month ago #7697

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Shame about Scafidi.

I saw him Friday. Didn't know he had left since then. Was actually hoping he might push for state 18's selection but that's the way it goes I guess.

Yeah Mitch Turner is a tough nut. Actually they all are. Run hard, straight at the contest, no shirking.

Country Lads in colts 2013 11 years 1 month ago #7700

• Diorites
Yeah Scafidi sounds like a ripper, my mate in Kalg said he has great skills, balance, whole package.

Anyway keep us updated mate, hope they hack it in the big smoke & not like many before them show lots of promise but never progress. Hard gig making the move down at that age. Haven't seen any of them play so I'm going to get down to a game on one of my swings back from FIFO.

Country Lads in colts 2013 11 years 1 month ago #7702

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Diorites wrote: Yeah Scafidi sounds like a ripper, my mate in Kalg said he has great skills, balance, whole package.

Anyway keep us updated mate, hope they hack it in the big smoke & not like many before them show lots of promise but never progress. Hard gig making the move down at that age. Haven't seen any of them play so I'm going to get down to a game on one of my swings back from FIFO.

Yeah, in matches I've seen he's been very good.

Will keep you up to date. There will be a bunch of Goldfields/Esperance lads coming down for the development squad matches in the next 8 weeks as well. I'm not exactly sure which ones yet so I wont add their names until later but from what I saw last year there will be quite a few like Tom Breeze, Bryce Harring, Brandon Dowrick etc all good prospects.

Country Lads in colts 2013 11 years 1 month ago #8583

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Diorites, Trav, other subi supporters...this is the full squad with the country based players listed. I make it 17 country boys all up counting those that are at boarding school. It's a very very talented squad but I don't want to get ahead of myself. Important to share the opportunities around and see how all the players develop - late developers included.

1-Chad Barns (Karrinyup)
2-Jake Davis (Kingsway Rockets)
3-Andrew Houareau (Kingsley)
4-Jackson Kidd (Kingsway Rockets)
5-Justin Woodley (Kingsley)
6-Aiden McAlister (Kingsway Rockets)
7-Ian Penny (Northern Cobras)
8-Corey Stons (Northern Cobras)
9-Callan Germain (Kingsway Rockets)
10-Jack Dalton (Carine)
11-Jay Allison (Kingsway Rockets)
12-Zac Bestry (Kingsway Rockets)
13-Ike Bunn (Marist)
14-Jarrod French (Kingsway Rockets)
15-Ethan Burnett (Hale/Newtown-Condingup)
16-Tom Lowndes (Kingsley)
17-Nick Marsh (Carine)
18-Nelson Summers (Kingsway Rockets)
19-Brayden Quinn (Kingsley)
20-Liam Manov (Carine)
21-Liam Tedesco (Kingsley)
22-Jayden Gerrand (North Beach)
23-Michael Braut (Mt Hawthorn)
24-Lewis Bradley (Kingsway Rockets)
25-Josh Chapman (Carine)
26-Jye Harris (Hale/Newtown-Condingup)
27-Jake Loader (Kingsley)
28-Ashton Williamson (Wembley Downs)
29-Martin Kaker (Hale/Mines)
30-Brayden Farrell (Warwick-Greenwood)
31-Dylan Campbell (Sorrento-Duncraig)
32-Cam Howie (North Beach)
33-Bryce Turvey (Northern Cobras)
34-Ben Reid (Kingsway Rockets)
35-Gerard O'Sullivan (Aquinas/Ports)
36-Fraser Twomey (Aquinas/Gibson)
37-Travis O'Malley (Sorrento-Duncraig)
38-Tom Horsley (Carine)
39-Elliot Briers (Hale/Mines)
40-Michael Headland (Karrinyup)
41-Ryan Borchet (Railways)
42-Callam Bramley (Mines)
43-Tom Breeze (Boulder)
44-Simon Cullen (Kalgoorlie City)
45-Brandon Dowrick (Mines)
46-Bryce Harring (Boulder)
47-Jack Hodges (Kalgoorlie City)
48-Brayden Harris (Ports)
49-Remy Tobin (Newtown-Condingup)
50-Jack Trotman (Ports)
51-Jacob Vickers (Newtown-Condingup)
52-Abraham Kennedy (Coolbinia)
53-Greg Clark (Sorrento-Duncraig)
54-Matthew Sargeant (Kingsley)
55-Nathan Wilkins (Kingsway Rockets)

• Page:
Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 297 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977