Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Subi signs Grimley 8 years 4 months ago #83015

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

Falcon wrote:

DG wrote: You blokes aren't too bad at it either Kerr Lourey...

Your trying to compare the leading goal kicker in the VFL to our two blokes??? please!

I have no doubt you blokes will win the flag again next year.

Don't get too far ahead of yourself Falcon, lourey & kerr are proven top wafl players, Grimley is not. If you have done any homework hawthorn fans think Grimley is a class above the vfl, when he concentrates. Some even rate him a lazy spud. So it looks to me as he is in the same boat as Sinclair was when he came over to Subi, similar things were said about him & he turned things around very well, lets hope Grimley can do the same. I would be happy to swap Grimley with lourey at this stage...
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Subi signs Grimley 8 years 4 months ago #83016

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: Yep...agree Jjim. A forward half of Grimley, Dela, Deluca, Halligan, Garcia, Clanger will be very potent indeed. Can't wait.

I have a feeling Mckenzie could be a surprise packet as a small forward too...

Subi signs Grimley 8 years 4 months ago #83018

• Chopper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0

DG wrote:

BC wrote: Yep...agree Jjim. A forward half of Grimley, Dela, Deluca, Halligan, Garcia, Clanger will be very potent indeed. Can't wait.

I have a feeling Mckenzie could be a surprise packet as a small forward too...[/quote

Yep agree & what about r.waters ???

Subi signs Grimley 8 years 4 months ago #83019

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Chopper wrote:

DG wrote:

I have a feeling Mckenzie could be a surprise packet as a small forward too...[/quote

Yep agree & what about r.waters ???

Waters could be a mid? Good small forward depth Chopper.

Subi signs Grimley 8 years 4 months ago #83025

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840
With the Cock in the mids and a better season from Horse, it should cover the loss of Mena who we made do without for half the season plus Broughts, Twoemy and Lockyer will provide attack from half back which should provide what looks like a super potent forward line with enough opportunities.

Interesting to hear comments about Grimley being a bit lazy, I always thought Boland was a lazy player at times and not one of Schoeys favourites, so Grimley wont want to get on Schoeys bad side.

I see Schoey has had a 2 year contract extension to the end of '18 which is a great thing for stability at the club, gone are the dark days back in the 70's & early 80's when we used to have a new coach nearly every year or sack them mid season.

Subi signs Grimley 8 years 4 months ago #83026

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1547
agree SS...i've been following Subi for over 50 years and I don't think I've ever seen the club in better shape than it is right now...even more so than the period 2003 to 2008. is it the financial arrangement with the WAFC that has brought this stability? who knows...probably to a greater extent but $ doesn't necessarily bring success or stability...so think it's also down to the hard work of people behind the scenes. I'll probably incur the wrath of the Subiphobics on here who continually complain about this and that...but hey...whatever.

Subi signs Grimley 8 years 4 months ago #83050

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1547
Grimley is a big unit...he's got 2 inches in height and 5 kgs over Lachy Delahunty.... put those 2 in the forward half and there'll be some opposition backs having sleepless nights ahead of playing Subi that's for sure.

Subi signs Grimley 8 years 4 months ago #83052

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230

Freezin wrote: Geez if Boland can kick a bucket load here in the WAFL I can't even imagine what Grimley is going to do....he comes with a much better rep and CV than Boland from the VFL....bigger too....Subi have landed on their feet here...Boland and Yaz who?....Grimley is going to kick the same number of goals these two kicked combined TBH...

He kicked 46 goals in the vfl this year, I'm not so sure he's going to dominate the wafl like some are suggesting.

Subi signs Grimley 8 years 4 months ago #83056

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: agree SS...i've been following Subi for over 50 years and I don't think I've ever seen the club in better shape than it is right now...even more so than the period 2003 to 2008. is it the financial arrangement with the WAFC that has brought this stability? who knows...probably to a greater extent but $ doesn't necessarily bring success or stability...so think it's also down to the hard work of people behind the scenes. I'll probably incur the wrath of the Subiphobics on here who continually complain about this and that...but hey...whatever.

Not sure this group are better than 2008, close but not quite. We had a couple of handy forwards in Syrup & Skidda, arguably the leagues best ruckman in Newick, definitely the best rover in Ali along with Read, Coss, Hall, Dessie Haynes, Hildo, Schoey, Cockie, Hayes, Broughts, Shuff to name a few.

Grimley only kicked what, 47 goals last season? so didn't quite setting the world on fire, would be looking for 70-80 goals which is around what Yazz & Boland kicked between them. Given that he's a massive unit and there wont be too many who will match up on him physically outside of Fart & Wart, Ames in his prime maybe. Hopefully he has some pace to go with his size which was what set Skidda aside from the rest.

Subi signs Grimley 8 years 4 months ago #83057

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Bit disappointed we haven't heard from Leedy so far, I heard Grimley was a dead cert to sign with the Joondy fowlcoons until Subi stepped in.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 454 guests and 3 members online

• Whitey
  • Big Blue
  • Ti Em

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020