Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Subi signs Grimley 8 years 4 months ago #82994

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1547
Got an email from the club today...

Subiaco welcome ex-Hawk Sam Grimley to the club as the Lions bolster their playing list for 2016.

The powerful forward joins Subi after 62 VFL and 3 AFL games and will be a valuable asset for the Lions.

Grimley won the Frosty Miller medal for VFL’s leading goal kicker last year and maintained his spot on Hawthorn’s list from 2013-2015.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Subi signs Grimley 8 years 4 months ago #82996

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154
It's amazing how lucky you guys are to attract this type of player.....it kinda shits me really :woohoo:

Subi signs Grimley 8 years 4 months ago #82997

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
You blokes aren't too bad at it either Kerr Lourey...
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Subi signs Grimley 8 years 4 months ago #82999

• BC
its a legitimate player recruitment Falcon. we've lost some big names in Boland, Yarran, Menegola, Rumble plus a few other less notables and recruited Cockie and Broughton..both Subi products. So in terms of bringing players in to cover our losses we've not been as active as most other clubs in particular Souths and Perth.

Subi signs Grimley 8 years 4 months ago #83005

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154

DG wrote: You blokes aren't too bad at it either Kerr Lourey...

Your trying to compare the leading goal kicker in the VFL to our two blokes??? please!

I have no doubt you blokes will win the flag again next year.

Subi signs Grimley 8 years 4 months ago #83006

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
Well I did say we should have looked within the club for another forward, but this guy is a big recruit in all aspects , 199cms, 96kg's and will be 25 next year so right in his prime. Managed just 3 games with the Hawks which is not bad given they are arguably the best team this century.

So along with Grimley and the NT lad, we welcome back Broughton and Cockie, plus Stockley and Stevenson back from injury so as I see it the list is at least as good as last year despite losing Rumba, Yazz, Mena, Wortho and a few 2nd tier players.

Subi signs Grimley 8 years 4 months ago #83009

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132
Good pick up I think after losing Boland and Yazz. Will be looking to impress with a view to getting a second chance in the afl. Don't think we can sit still while the rest of the comp is actively recruiting and couldn't see an obvious key forward coming thru.
Still hungry for more success in 2016 at Subi.

Subi signs Grimley 8 years 4 months ago #83011

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Geez if Boland can kick a bucket load here in the WAFL I can't even imagine what Grimley is going to do....he comes with a much better rep and CV than Boland from the VFL....bigger too....Subi have landed on their feet here...Boland and Yaz who?....Grimley is going to kick the same number of goals these two kicked combined TBH...

Subi signs Grimley 8 years 4 months ago #83012

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132

Freezin wrote: Geez if Boland can kick a bucket load here in the WAFL I can't even imagine what Grimley is going to do....he comes with a much better rep and CV than Boland from the VFL....bigger too....Subi have landed on their feet here...Boland and Yaz who?....Grimley is going to kick the same number of goals these two kicked combined TBH...

Will see how that goes, may make us more predictable going forward. Yaz was one of my favourites to watch because he was able to play tall or small and could do some freakish things. Would expect Halligan to also improve again next season and maybe Garcia step up too.

Subi signs Grimley 8 years 4 months ago #83013

• BC
Yep...agree Jjim. A forward half of Grimley, Dela, Deluca, Halligan, Garcia, Clanger will be very potent indeed. Can't wait.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 391 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020