Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Subiaco Champions of the Past 7 years 6 months ago #104273

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
I have revived this thread -- very good one -- because I had noticed that the Sydney Swans are claiming Robertson as an AFL Hall of fame member in spite of the fact that he played just one season for the club. Goodness me, even on the AFL Hall of Fame web site they refer to the fact that he played for Subiaco.

And yet, if you read the history of SM/Sydney they fail to make reference to the 'Subiaco legion' which won them a power in the 1930s.

Johnnie Bowe
Brighton Diggins
Billy Faull
Johnny Leoanard

in fact, in 1932, Johnny Leonard was coach and Billy Faull won the fairest and best for SM.

I suppose we should be happy with the small crumb that, even today, Sydney is known as the 'Swans' because of their impact on SM and the wider VFL.

Why is George Maloney not listed as an AFL legend? bloody ridiculous.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.

Subiaco Champions of the Past 7 years 6 months ago #104284

• BC
  • Thank you received: 1543
mate...interesting thread but it's fantastic seeing my old mate Po Cocko posting. we had some fun times with the WP faithful on FG many years ago and I never saw a bloke with more venom towards anything in red and blue in my life....they were good days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 477 guests and one member online

• Swedgen

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes